Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Girplan Scavenger

Post Girplan Scavenger

Hi; anyone have any info about the fight for the ripped journal page in MPG
    been lookin everywhere can;t find it plz send me something thanx

Default Re: Girplan Scavenger

Girplan Scavenger has a few AE's, but can be one grouped even tho he's classed as a raid mob. I don't know what the group makeup was, but I'm thinking a well geared tank, yourself, shaman (or chanter), DPS, DPS, and a bard.

Get all resist buffs before taking on this guy as his AE's are all chromatic (AE is based off your lowest resist, i think). Fight up to him, and before you engage, you'll want the bard to play resist songs throughout the entirety of the fight. If the tank's good enough, you can get away with chain CHing. Use 1.5 and CR every chance you get to save that much more mana. If you wanted to play safe, you could swap out a DPS slot for (assuming one wasn't already in group) a druid, or another cleric. Also, if shaman's in group, and has 1.5/2.0, get them to click it every time it pops up, even more healing right there.

Granted the fight will be long (I'm thinking 30-40 mins, less if the DPS is good), but it'll save you from waiting for a guild OTM or what have you.

One groupable?? I think not. One of his AE's is a mana drain, you'll be out of mana in 20 minutes.
    Kamiff Dozerdorf
    70 Prelate and The Drunk & Perverted Guild Leader of Evolutia
    Stromm Server

Magelo for Kamiff

"sometimes you gotta start higher
    and sometimes you gotta start low
    some people think they gonna die someday
    I got news ya never got to go"

Guildy cleric did with a warrior, him, chanter, and wizard. Fight took about 40 mins he said.

thank you for the reply but got him down like 2 weeks ago got like 30 people it was way 2 easy lol i think a group from my guild could of than that fight just like u say ,already did ragefire also just need globe from anguish and 2.0 its mine =)
    Fujifrog

Starliter said in post #4 :
    Guildy cleric did with a warrior, him, chanter, and wizard. Fight took about 40 mins he said.
    Your top cleric is listed on eqrankings with an 8k mana pool, your top warrior is listed at 11k hp.

Sorry, but when I know of 3 different clerics with over 10k mana healing 13-14k tanks have wiped trying to one group it, I call BS.

2-3 groups, yes. 1 group that has been in Anguish a while and most of the grp has some T2 gear and epics, maybe...but a grp that's not even in Qvic yet?? No way
    Kamiff Dozerdorf
    Stromm Server

Magelo for Kamiff

Kamiff said in post #6 :
    Your top cleric is listed on eqrankings with an 8k mana pool, your top warrior is listed at 11k hp.
    heh. And we all know eqrankings is the end-all and be-all for information on who's in somebody else's guild. {rolleyes}

Come on, Kamiff...you're going to be rude enough to call somebody a liar, just because eqrankings doesn't list anybody in their guild high enough to do it (in your opinion)? hahahaha

Guess what? My guild isn't even listed in eqrankings...as neither are any of the top 5 toons in my guild, in any class. So, I guess we have even less of a chance, right? By that logic, my guild doesn't even exist!
    Evanya Fleurdemorte (wanna check out my stuff?)
    Level 58 Dark Elf Cleric of Innoruuk
    Silver Daggers, The Rathe

Before you judge someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you judge them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

OK, I'll take a different approach then.

Fatty hits for 2k+, so basically one cleric will basically need to be chain casting Pious Remedy. One of his 3 DoT's overwrites Clairvoyance and does a mana drain of 100 mana per tick. He basically keeps it on you permanently and unless you are chain curing yourself you will have it on you non-stop. And if you stop to cure yourself your tank is dead. Resist check is chromatic -300 so it is very difficult to resist. He has another AE that does 1900 damage, and the DoT that overwrites Clair also does 1k damage when it lands and does 100hp drain per tick as well, and also drains your tanks endurance at a rate of 150 per tick, so discs are out of the question later in the fight.

That all being said, the top cleric serverwide has 13k mana. With a 25% MP focus and chaining PR your using about 370mana per cast. If you only need to cast it 10 times a minute, you will be out of mana in about 4 minutes, if you are lucky and resist Discordant Feedback every time, or if you have a druid or shaman chain curing you and an enchanter chain recasting Clairvoyance on you, you MIGHT last 8 minutes TOPS, and that is a cleric with 13k mana mind you. Now lets say you have two clerics and can cut cast time in half. That's still 15 minutes and you are out of mana, but if you have a second cleric, a druid or shaman to chain cure you, and an enchanter casting clairvoyance on you, your DPS is cut considerably and the fight will be going on forever.

And, oh, who is doing all the group heals from all these DoT's and AE ramp???

40 min with a group like that?? I still call BS
    Kamiff Dozerdorf
    Stromm Server

Magelo for Kamiff

kk look this is the deal is u step on max range u won;t get a AEs but the stun one trust me i did it and even i resist alot of hes stuns even know i'm not yet maxed on stun resist, u won;t get mana drain and if u tank got resists maxed like most of my tanks does they won;t even get the stun AE on them, then say they didn;t geta single dot........ so if u msart enought to stay on max range and kep tank with elicir all the time u can get him down with one group and even if anyone get the AE shammy can easly cure it, i'll one group it one of these days just for fun and post how it was ......... BTW got my 2.0 done !!!!! GRATZ ME>.........
    Fujifrog

btw i', 10900 mana unbuffed and best warr is 14100 hps unbuffed so its a big diference i say we could do it . but lest see i get back when i try to one group him----------- drinal server
    Fujifrog

Discordant Feedback Detail | History | Stacking | Raw Data

Slot Description
    1: Decrease HP when cast by 1000
    2: Decrease Mana by 100 per tick
    3: Decrease Hitpoints by 100 per tick
    4: Decrease Endurance by 150 per tick
    5: Decrease Endurance by 100
    6: Increase Curse Counter by 16

Mana: 0 Casting Time: 0
    Recast Time: 45 Fizzle Time: 0
    Resist: Chromatic [Lowest] Resist Adjust: -300
    Range: 0 Location: Any
    Time of Day: Any Dispellable: No
    Interruptable: Yes Short Buff Box: No
    Target Type: NPC Hatelist Spell Type: Detrimental
    Category: Unknown() Source: Live 07/13

Classes: None
    Duration: 1 ticks @L1 to 6 ticks @L10
    Can't outrange Discordant Feedback as far as I know. Lucy data shows it has a zero range, chromatic resist, and hatelist based. In other words, if you get put on his hatelist, you get the AE, and I have ALWAYS max ranged this fight and ALWAYS get the AE. And I have done the fight at least a dozen times now.
    Kamiff Dozerdorf
    Stromm Server

Magelo for Kamiff

I'm not 100% on what the strat was, but with this being an indoor zone, there must be a way to avoid the AEs, yes? And with regaurds to EQRankings, the warrior used isn't listed. Warrior used was Wicked, 14k unbuffed.

MPG is an out door zone, you just cant use levi or mounts. Hence bards zooming about with selos. As for grouping without a bard in 40 minutes, I agree with Kamiff bs, I barely resist the stuns /Discordant Feedback (the Clarity overwriting ae, aka cynosure kvanjji's) and Cloud of Attrition, the 50% spellslow AE, with 600 in each resist (chromatic is the hardest to resist, it picks on your weakest), I too PR at max range and I can safely say its all hatelist based, including:

Cloud of Discord Detail | History | Raw Data

Slot Description
    1: Decrease Hitpoints by 1900
    2: Stun(12.00 sec)

Mana: 0 Casting Time: 0
    Recast Time: 90 Fizzle Time: 0
    Resist: Chromatic [Lowest] Resist Adjust: -300
    Range: 1000 Location: Any
    Time of Day: Any Interruptable: Yes
    Target Type: NPC Hatelist Spell Type: Detrimental
    Category: NPC Source: Test 07/21

Classes: None
    Duration: Instant

Cast by other: Someone emits a thick cloud.
    Cast on you: Your body convulses.
    Cast on other: Someone goes into convulsions.

Curious how you evade the 12 second stun, unless youre lucky on resists by the time it happens, all healers get stunned, Girp gets ~4-5 rounds of 2k+ quads in and thats pretty much a tank down. Only way I could think of is with something 3rd party and indecent...but maybe Im a skeptic , perhaps if enc chain runes of Rikkukin to time with ae, if you have decent enough spell shield maybe youll take all damage in rune and the stun just doesnt happen. Never tried, but honestly, Ive seen 15k unbuffed tanks go splat to this ><
    Last edited by Lluianae; 08-04-2005 at 08:33 AM.

He didn't say he did it legally, and that's all I'm gonna say about that.

~Candarie

[70 Cleric] Candarie the Healer <Triality> of Maelin Starpyre
    ~ Knowledge is realizing that the street is one-way, wisdom is looking both directions anyway. ~

So has anyone come up with a clear strat to this mob? I am looking to do this mob soon and would like any help I can get. Guild has just broken into Qvic and slowly becoming geared from there, I am a 9600hp, 9145 MP cleric. Please help if you can with a strat for this.
    Silverfoxy Sunchild
    70th Season Cleric of Tunare
    Knights of Shadowthorne