Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Raising Defense?

Default Re: Raising Defense?

Ikive said in post #8 :
    Thanks a lot for all the information! I wanted to do the GE thing, but I only knew one person that would go with me and that isn't enough to get laaxp, unfortunately. So, I sat in the arena and got beat on for about two hours and now I'm maxed defense! Yay!

Thanks a lot =)
    I did all my LA xp in GE what I would do is grab some caster types that were in the 45 to 50 range grp with them sometimes a ranger or monk as well, and basicly PL them up a bit and get my LAxp going most 45 to 55 toons get goodxp there and who is gonna say no to allowing a 70 cleric to PL them in GE?
    Wegador gladly sacrificed himself to serve the beautiful:
    Florince

I have a question on this.

Does anyone find that a guild will help in getting a Cleric's defense/offense up. It seems to me that a good guild would realize that strong Clerics will be an investment in the future and therefore have people assigned to help Clerics in raising these skills; even if it means mindlessly standing there and healing as the cleric gets beat on.

It would be sort of like community service that people would rotate out and spend a few hours every week assisting in this.

Im not a high cleric by any means but i have found that even at level 27 my defense skills are falling way behind due to a lack of direct contact.
    Garrek

Does anyone find that a guild will help in getting a Cleric's defense/offense up. It seems to me that a good guild would realize that strong Clerics will be an investment in the future and therefore have people assigned to help Clerics in raising these skills; even if it means mindlessly standing there and healing as the cleric gets beat on.

It would be sort of like community service that people would rotate out and spend a few hours every week assisting in this.

Im not a high cleric by any means but i have found that even at level 27 my defense skills are falling way behind due to a lack of direct contact.
    Garrek

Garrek

OMG!!! Sorry about the TRIPLE post. I dunno what happened there.
    Garrek

At level 27 there are plenty of places DSP/MS/Gunthak that you can go to raise you defense and to answer your question i think you would be hard pressed to find a guild willing to help you play your toon.
    Raising your skills is Part of the game and what makes your toon well balanced, i wouldn't want someone else doing that for me.

my first time posting...been reading a long time though...maybe this is the wrong place but...i made the mistake of not hitting or gettin hit all the way up to 52.....my def was about 40 and my off was about the same, 1hb was even worse. i got some skinspike and alacrity pots, then went to the forgotten halls (instanced from nedarias landing). then started fighting the rats there. at 52 theyre lb, dont know if it depends on your level or what. well, it seemed like they hit pretty fast, so that helped with the defense. with the skinspikes they almost killed themselves. i also used the speed pots and raised up my 1hb. in about 3 days i went from 60 to max in def and dodge, and from 40ish 1hb to 160. theres a lot of rats in the rooms, but they dont add. just remember to heal thyself every once in a while, as i forgot to do a few times. heh. just my 2 copper.

I've tried this in the arena lately and perhaps I didn't give it enough time ... Can anybody confirm that you can still train skills with a player pet in the arena?

Dont know about the arena, i have never tried it. Last time i had to raised defense i dueled a shammy pet, shammy healed me and pet till skill was maxed. We did that in No Ro waiting for ldon timers to click.

well i myself would tell you the best way to raise defense is solo somewhere. Its something to do as when you are bored and lfg, win win . If you dont solo the above are great, but solo is what i think its best

1 get a feel on how much dmg you can take.
    2 work on solo skills for when theres nothign better to do
    3 getting to see mobs blow up on your procs

Pets should still work.

For defense, you can also use one of the traps in ToFS. Fallen bookcase on the library floor or the tapestry on Tserrina's floor.
    Kazpin Cleric [lvl: 75] [AA: 256] [GLAA: 29]
    Endiment Warrior [lvl: 75] [AA: 59]
    Kazn Enchanter [lvl: 59] [AA: 0]
    Shuugo Rogue [lvl: 75] [AA: 62] [Make Posion: 300 +12%]

crypt of decay works good for me at 73 but also used plane of inovation..see if you can spend some money on raising your dodge also..it helps out and it takes longer to get a dodge skill up then to get def skill up..good luck..

I've been PLing my Beasty (64) and Warrior (66) in HoH (much love for VoVic). I just grab a makeshift camp along one of the paths and start wailing on stuff... decent AAxp too. Keeps my defence/melee skills up. And the mobs don't even run so ya don't have to worry about snares/roots.

Tam's Stuff
    Lv 79 Cleric - Veeshan's Fury