Thread: First night back was a wild ride! (long but a good read)

Default First night back was a wild ride! (long but a good read)

I walked away from EQ about four months ago so I was out of touch for a bit . I had no idea that a new expansion was out and I was afraid my healing skills might be a bit rusty. But I decided to reactivate my account and start the exp grind again with my main which is a lvl 67 cleric. So I log in and off to WoS I go. After about five minutes with lfg tag on I get a tell to join SW2 group. I was happy with that and headed on over. There was no tank in group or lfg so after 15 minutes or so the group disbanded without killing anything.

So I put up lfg tag and then I get a tell from guy wanting me to join a group in MPG. Now my gear isn't the best so my mana pool is only about 4800 with C3 on. That plus my extreme bad luck of not finding camps in that zone before dieing a slow and painful death made me decline the offer. Then I get a tell from a guy wanting to pay me to join a lower guk raid that was farming the fabled frenzy for that haste belt. There was no drops I could use and no exp so he was gonna pay me to heal but I decided to do it for free. It was better then sitting around and I havn't been to lower guk in a few years (I started EQ back in early 2001 pre Luclin).

I gate and OHHHH CRAP! I'm standing in the elysian valley in the umbral plains. I forgot that when I left EQ I had been PLing a 55 BST in UP and bound there in case of a death by a wandering corrupted elysian. So now I am in UP with no sow, no invis and the zone is empty except for me. I tried to run through ME but those guys guarding the door were able to fear me (yes even at my level) and I died. So I ran back, dragged corpse, resed and was stuck at the UP/ME zonelines. The guy I was going to help farm the belts got a druid to come get me but I had to pay him 250pp. So I get to PoK, bind and find a port to Sro. I make my way to Lower Guk and away we go.

The raid was two groups and I was healing group 2 and there was another 67 cleric healing group 1. After a few hours and 3 sashes handed out a handful of people left including the other cleric. It's about 12 am EST and I am getting tired but there are four people who still wanted a sash so I stuck with it. One of the guys was a gnome rogue named Gewel and he was real annoying. You could tell this was a kid and probably under 14. Anyway he was always typing with caps, yelling at people (even though he was not raid leader) and just acting like an fool. So after awhile he wanted to get the groups combined and ordered everyone in group 2 to disband and accept invite from him. Me and the Pally didn't want to group with him and I was considering leaving but the pally talked me into staying.

So everyone went to his group but us two. He kept saying "CMON GUYS DISBAND!" but we held our group and never said a word. Then he goes afk and the other guys disband and rejoin us. Apparently the pally had been sending tells and everyone felt like we did so he when he came back from his afk he found himself all alone and the rest of us were grouped (we had 5 and he would have made 6 but we never invited him). He was still in the raid so we could see him talking to us in the raid channel so we talked in group and decided to all put up afk tags (we actually put them on while he was still afk). So we sat there waiting for the frenzy or PH to pop not moving an inch and watching him talk in ooc about how funny it was that his whole group was afk except for him. Then the Frenzy pops and our warrior pulled him to camp. We had a good slower and tank (both over 65) so we took him down and the next on the list looted.

Now this kid is going nuts. "Lemme in the group guys!" "CMON THIS ISN"T FUNNY" STOP BEING F****** a*******" and on and on. Mind you we kept afk tags on and NO ONE replied to him in raid chat or tells. Then he started saying how this was his raid and he had this camp. If we engage another Frenzy it would be KSing and he went on and on. We still kept our tags on and said nothing he could hear (only talked or laughed in group chat which he can't see). Then the next fenzy comes up which he claims was his because he would have been next in line if he hadn't been wrongfully booted from the raid. We kill and the Pally loots. Ok now we really got this gnome steamed because he petetions and gets a GM to come out to the camp.

We explain to the GM that he was no longer invited to our group/raid and he explains that he was here the longest (which wasn't true a necro was) and wants the GM to force us to let him loot the next sash. Well the GM then says that since he is not engaging the mob and has not the force to kill it by himself that we are not KSing his mob and the petition has no merit. Now he's furious and ranting about how the GM is in on this consiracy. He was then warned by the GM to watch his language. So the GM then said that if we don't resolve this ourselves within 10 minutes then no one here would like how he resolves it for us.

So we keep fighting and kill the next Frenzy (which we quickly have looted by next on list) and the little gnome yells and screams some more. The GM was about to kick us all out of the zone when the little guy said he would leave and let us babies have the camp. He had a few choice parting words and we never saw him again that night.

By the end I kind of felt bad for him but then again he was so pushy and annoying when he was in the raid that he really got no less then what he deserved. He even tried to kill us by opening the trade window with me several times during the Frenzy fight right before he petitioned. At first I was like "why is he trading me 10 gold?" but then it hit me. The trade window automatically switches my target to him and thus my CH would not be going to the warrior anymore. It almost worked too as a few heals landed dangerously close but we survived.

I never laughed so hard as when he was running all around us yelling in caps "Cmon GUYS LEMME JOIN THE GROUP" "STOP PLAYING AROUND CAUSE THIS SH** AINT FUNNY"

Ahh good times. Sorry this was so long.
    Norezferu lvl 72 HE Cleric

Default Re: First night back was a wild ride! (long but a good read)

you sure this wasent on the Stromm server? =)

Just fyi... when someone tries to trade-spam you, you can switch your "I wish to trade with..." to noone or group only... works wonders... =)

No this was definately on the Tribunal. I think the fact he was a gnome made it even funnier. I mean if an ogre was yelling and screaming it just doesn't look as funny as a little midget gnome running around like a chicken with his head cut off.

I had no idea that you could do that with trade mode. That's good to know if I run into any trouble in the future.
    Norezferu lvl 72 HE Cleric

Hmm just when I was giving it some thought to come back. Good post you just saved me from the mistake of playing again

Awesome story.

I reside on Rallos so we really don't have those kinds of issues. If they annoy my 50cleric I just get my rl bro 51war and whoever else is on my side and we waste the annoyer. If they're oor then they're really screwed because I can ch whoever I side with w/o dealing with repercussions.

Varus
    Non liquet...

Hehe nice story and good moral as well, because he didn't get his way

Just as a hint: There is a command to block trades, that was introduced way back just because of this reason. But I am afraid I don't remember how it is called.