Thread: *By inoruuk's hand!!*

Default *By inoruuk's hand!!*

1. My Hd Decided to practice Tae kwon Leap... i went to put the kids down for bed.. i hear .. from downstairs mind you..

* CLick click click....*

I think WTH is that???? , come down stairs my hd's doing the cha cha and giving lessons.. i shut down pull it out, take a deep saddened breath.. calm my self down before getting temped to get a 5lbs sledge and send it to hell in a screaming fit of revenge..

2. Gf surprises me with a new HD today ( wooohooo!! ) i get it all installed, re-install all my drivers, update said drivers, DL Dx9.0c, update all my windows software....again..

3 install Eq-OoWar... get happy face on.. all ready to go.. go through patch the hell outta it.. Log in... and

4. Grimace.. i've got missing textures, plain white tail on my ikky monk, my war's face is silver, no features at all, all my color's on my armor's for my toons are all rainbow colored..

so i go check my drivers for my graphics card.. ( well so called card -- Geforce4 Mx 440 ) says i have the latest drivers.. i then run the dialogue for Dx9, says everything is cool there too... i check the SoE tech section for help.. ( thinking hey might have the answere's ) they say check your sony/everquest folder, hit the Vew tab.. scroll down ( looking for Arrange by type ) i do that.. they say look for .tcx i do.. but i find no files listed with that.. but i do see 5 files with " missing file log 1-5

i've gone back to the options tab when starting EQ, turned i think almost everythign off.. and i still get missing textures... ( sorry if my spelling is off , i'm dyslexic and i'm sleepy .... hehe )

*by inoruuk's hand i'll have my revenge on you my old HD.. Do you hear me !*

Default Re: *By inoruuk's hand!!*

Sounds like, for whatever reason, EQ decided you didn't need to texture files. Sorry to say it, but the first thing would be to uninstall EQ entirely, then reinstall it. That should help.

BTW, did you check and make sure that your old hard drive didn't leak dust inside your case when it died?
    Conthen Deathbane
    59 Cleric of Rodcet Nife
    Xev
    my old and busted (not new hotness)

to be frank would have no idea how to check and see if my drive had a leak.. blew out the whole cpu, did a re check on all the drivers.. came a cross a post talking about how teh geforce4 mx 440 modle drivers for 66.93 were kinda buggy, and had been sugested to go back a previous version... figured it was my last shot for the night and that worked so for now i'm happy.. and have the other one stored away until my move is done and i'm all settled... but knowing me i'll forget about it by then..lol

yeah i think eq and i had a disagreement... it told me to sleep and work on it tomorow, and i wanted to have it ready for tomorow

Also make sure you checked the advanced tab and DLed all the optional files from there too. Many times people do this but might also forget to click the button to do a complete file search, you might try that before ripping EQ down and starting over again. Unless of course you already did that =p
    Faeryln V'Ruuktaal
    Former Regent Cleric of Innoruuk
    69th Circle of Hate
    (Retired)

Kicking the computer always works down here in the command center.
    Become a minion today! Fall to the cuteness of the kitties!
    So shonen it frikkin' hurts.
    "Matter flows from place to place and momentarily comes together to be you, Some people find that thought disturbing, I find the reality thrilling."
    - Dr Richard Dawkins

To check if your drive leaked any magnetic dust, just run your finger along the bottom of the inside of your case. If your finger come back black/red, invest in a can of compressed air, and take the comp outside and blow all the dust out. Be very, very thorough.
    Conthen Deathbane
    59 Cleric of Rodcet Nife
    Xev
    my old and busted (not new hotness)