Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If you could add one thing to your cleric...

dragon If you could add one thing to your cleric...

What would it be? For me it would be the Spell: Invisibility!! How many times have I run through a zone (dawnshroud to be precise) and needed to be Invis!?!
    Sephrenia Soulfire
    62nd Lvl High Preistess of Tunare
    Hand of Ka
    Prexus

-I can't cure Stupidity-

Default Re: If you could add one thing to your cleric...

I would like some sort of illusion spell.
    http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1118514

Bah to invis...cloudy potions are your friend and they're cheap...

I'd love a feign death.
    Desai Madidad
    Rodcet Nife

I am one of the people who likes the classes the way they are. I like the challenge of not being able to invis or FD on my cleric... and not being able to properly heal myself on my SK. Makes it more fun IMO

I don't disagree with you at all Pheonira. I was answering that it'd be cool. I have absolutely no issue with playing my cleric the way he is and in all actuality probably be disappointed if they 'balanced' the classes more.

I'm not a big fan of the 'generalizing' the classes. I don't like that there is so much overlap already and would never wish more on the game.
    Desai Madidad
    Rodcet Nife

I would love an instant cast of DB, instead of constantly getting interrupted because a mob is beating on you. And it wouldn't hurt for the recast on it to be a little faster too just in case you'll need it again soon. Oh and an upgrade to Mem blur... do we get one in the OoW expansion? I'm still working on my lvl 66 and 67 spells and didn't look far ahead.

EDIT: Ok, I'm changing my mind. Invis would be nice Lol Just last night I had to do a CR in Muramite Proving Grounds (cringe). And it was such a pain in the arse to have to swing by the bank, then swing by the potions vendor =(
    Last edited by Redheeler; 10-28-2004 at 03:07 PM.
    75th Season High Priestess

Invis definately. It's possibly the only thing I would ask for on a cleric.

Cloudy pots are a pain..especially on CRs. Forget the 5 cloudys on corpse, have to run to bank, get money, buy more, etc.

Invis, either spell or AA. I spend more on cloudy potions these days than I ever did on peridots. Add to that the fact that you have to bind near a bank and potion vendor (not usually the closest to where you are fighting) and that the cleric is the only one that has to get back to the scene of a wipe and that every other casting and hybred class gets some form of invisibility spell except clerics and pallies.....but I digress....

Invis is my vote...
    Qinnyinya
    66 Archon
    The Nameless Server

How about a pet with some hitpoints that dosen't poof when the mobs agro'd on you are dead.
    v/r,
    Canard
    Lvl 70 High Elf Cleric

The Nameless (Innoruuk) Server

Self Invis would be nice, i guess that would make the game easier for us, and I hesitate to want this game to be easier....

Many a times, if I am not bound in pok, and we wipe is WoS someone in group who can invis is willing to either run to me so we can run together back to bodies (so I can rez) or will run themselves to bodies, and drag me to a kind cleric alive in WoS and get me rezd. Folks are good at helping especially in the event of a wipe out.
    But away from group wipe-outs, I too am spending a lot on cloudy potions to get my cleric to groups, especially in OoW. But it's ok w/ me, because us Clerics still are wanted in groups and can get some action pretty darn easily... at least on my server.

So what would I want the most? Increased drop rate on the Shards in Skyfire x) Or an ability to solo better. Say some cool ability that you can only use solo, but not when grouped. I've started a little ikky necro just so I could solo since I rarely have 2-3 hours blocks of time to group.

I am not sure I would add anything to my cleric....I have tried other toons and always come back to a cleric....But I agree with the Inviso thing.....

For me it would be a self only invis spell, and if I could choose a second it would be a self only leviate spell...

in fact, make it a counterpart to the Necromancer's Dead Man Floating and make it an invis, levitate and eb spell.

invis would be nice, but as i am bound in PoK, can always get pp and potions easy enough on CR.

as to instant DB, we do get it, BDA an aa skill.

what i would like the most tho is either increased mitigation (we do wear plate after all) or better combat skills. anything to me to make us have more dps would be great.

Keyera
    105 cleric
    Undivided Faith
    Drinal

Sprinting over the fields, swinging a mighty hammer, cometh Keyera! And she gives a bloodthirsty roar:

"I'm going to bludgeon you into the stuff of nightmares!"

Something thats

1) More dps in groups
    2) fun

I´d accept nukes with a better ratio (and I´d prefer them to be somewhat faster) or a unique series of offensive buffs/debuffs - like the bless/curse spells from AD & D for example.

I can think of a lot more, but - like better tanking skills - most of them are unrealistic and/or cut too deep into the roles of other classes.

Something I'd like to see would be an undead only snare. Might make it a tad more feasible to fear kite undead for soloing.
    ...and they, being naughty in thine eyes, shall snuff it...