Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: If you could add one thing to your cleric...

Default Re: If you could add one thing to your cleric...

Thread necromancy = BAD

But since the thread got bumped...

Potion belt, store-bought, stackable, instant-cast, cheap cloudy potions in PoK solves "Invis" pretty darn quickly. I'm bound outside the small bank and keep a deluxe toolbox full of cloudy potion and 5 pristine soulstones banked. CR-what ??

No there are two things that SCREAM "Clerics Need this"

Locate Corpse
    Summon Corpse

Why the PoHate we don't have these two spells I'll never know.

Jolo: I lost my corpse.
    Itek casts Locate Corpse (Target: -none-) (new Target: Jolo's Corpse)
    Itek casts Summon Corpse (Target: Jolo's Corpse)
    Itek casts Revivesence (Target: Jolo's Corpse)

Would make life about 10 times easier.
    Itek's Magelo

Itek's Blog (Read it please.)

But check the Vet Rewards, I've been playing a LONG time.

Foraging as i am a tradeskill nut.. I have the mask from vex thal so inv is not a problem nor are potions and i have mage friends for inv spheres now...

i agree Itek. If nekkies can have rez spells, why cant we summon or locate them?
    Hi there! Names Kirryinia. I don't care whether you love me or hate me, but never forget I am the one that keeps your @$$ alive!

Kirryinia Luvintouch~~Temporarily Retired
    Future Vicar of Tunare
    42nd Season and Now a Temperance Giver

Just buy some locate corpse potions.
    --------------------

DWARF!!

a) to the best of my knowledge no such potion exists (I checked Allak just now)

b) the "locate corpse" chippped bone rod (which you were probably refering to ) is charged and only works 3 times per slot, rather than 20 for potions, and can't be used, obviously, from the potion belt.

c) the "locate corpse" spell as is doesn't work very well, requiring the person to be in zone and targetable for use, so even if chipped bone rods were acceptable substitutes for having a CLEARLY Divine spell (we can locate UNDEAD but not the dead ? this is a minor oversight BY THE GODS I'd say)

d) even if that were all somehow "workable" it still doesn't SUMMON THE CORPSE now does it ???

We are clerics, we have mastery over life and death. Period.

Necromancers and ShadowKnights can locate and summon corpses, and in some cases RAISE THE DEAD TO LIFE... but we as Clerics cannot ?? I call BS.

There needs to be a "locate nearest player corpse" spell. This plus the targeted version would allow flexibility on the need for the owner of the corpse to be in the zone / targetable. The "general" version only works on "nearest player" corpses to prevent it being overpowered. If there are 20 corpses on the raid, and you want corpse X you get to keep rezzing till you find the corpse you want.

Then clerics can find a corpse (they still do get stuck in walls etc where people can't always see them) even if the person isn't in the zone.

Level 3 Locate Corpse
    Level 39 Greater Locate Corpse (targets closest PC corpse, like Sense the Dead spell)
    Level 25 Lesser Summon Corpse
    Level 51 Summon Corpse
    Level 65 Conjure Corpse (the mis-labeled Greater Summon Corpse)

I used the ShadowKnight progression and added the new spell at the same level as our "class / game defining" spell Complete Heal. Surely we can locate corpses and summon them at least as well as our ShadowKnight friends ??
    Itek's Magelo

There is the Gnomish Corpse Finding Device that I find incredibly useful at times, but it does have its limitations.
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    Pomaikai Po`okela
    70 Exarch

Capitalization is the difference between
    "Helping your uncle Jack off a horse"
    and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"

Sig courtesy of Hijinx Studios

Aye, I keep that gnomish device on the same bandolier setting as my clicky stick.

While invis would be nice, I don't think it's all that big. Cloudies, despite that it can get expensive, cover it quite nicely.

Necros and SK's can keep summon corpse. It's more to thier line of study of manipulating the dead (yes, even to the point of bringing a dead, back to life). Our undead stuff is more for re-deading un-dead. Clerics are more centered on caring for the living. It would be convenient for clerics to be able to summon, but I believe it's out of line with the 'lore' or 'focus' of the cleric.

The only thing I'd like changed is that DB and DA wouldn't make the mobs attack someone else while it was in effect. I'd rather it keep on me so group members would KNOW when it's truly off me, rather than thinking it's taken care of only to have it back on me once DA/DB wears off. Plus, it'd save some heals during that time it's beating on me That and I'd know better when It's safe to click it off.

Cleric of "Grave Wisdom" - The Rathe

I wouldn't mind invis potions so much if they would make STABLE invis potions. Luckily I know lots of mages and get invis stones from them.

Necromantic Divining Device is probably one of the best things gnomes ever did for clerics.

DB holding agro was probably deemed to be a raid cheat, unfortunately. Although it would greatly increase our usefulness to raids now that everyone and their pet has a decent group heal. I still say, if druids and shammies can be main healers, why don't we get snare and a decent pet so we can solo more effectively? I digress.

Group DB is a nice idea, and in keeping with the class focus. I don't think group WoV is too much to ask for either, although some shammies might start feeling we were getting too many buffs since they're supposed to be the buffing kings.

The thing I really want is AE rez, or a lifeburn/manaburn type of heal, or even like a self-sacrifice or warrior shield disc. They would probably cost obscene amounts of aa's though.
    Celedine Crashcart
    80 Exemplar of Tunare
    Retired Hussy

Still want group rez-p

10th spell spot =)

Ah yes, it's a rod not a potion. Been so long I had the need for one that I forgot excatly what it was.
    Thank you Itek.

But I don't agree with you. Clerics should not be able to summon corpses. We hold the power of life.

And the SK/nec can keep their rez to themselves. Unless I'm in dire need, like on a raid that wiped.
    --------------------

DWARF!!

invis invis invis

We -have- invis, and repeatedly asking for a spell invis is going to be denied, and result in us not getting ANYTHING. Chill and accept that super-nifty, cast on the run, instant cast, stackable, vendor purchased, cheap potions SOLVES the PROBLEM.

SK don't rez.

Raid wipes, and some group wipes, are precisely the situation where a cleric SHOULD, nay MUST, be able to summon corpses. As it is the cleric has to run back to a wipe REGARDLESS. If no cleric / shaman / druid / paladin / necro survives (and WHICH other class, besides clerics, is ever forced to accept 93/90 percent rezzes I'd like to know) it's the cleric who runs back.

Thank the Merciful and Patient Lord Bristlebane for SoW, Levitate, EB, and Invis potions.
    (PoHate, came back and read my post... maybe we should just ask for Alchemy ??)

But if the corpses are inconveniently placed... even sneak / hide isn't always enough. (What talls without sneak use on CR past See Invis mobs I dunno.) Now the necro / SK has to run back as well.

Wait ... what if your group doesn't originally INCLUDE a necro / SK ?

With the advent of the corpse summoners in Lobby, and Lobby being made available to EVERYONE, there is simply no reason clerics shouldn't be able to manipulate corpses to return them to life.

If you don't think clerics are the masters of life AND death simply don't cast your next Complete Heal on time. Kidding. Resurection is the mastery over DEATH, healing is the mastery over LIFE.
    Itek's Magelo

Group Ward of Valiance. Another one that would be nice is a greater chance to crit the 32k undead aa. Invis would save some plat, but unless it is fixed, it is hard to beat insta-clicky potions. Besides, we have ITU and with a greater concentration of undead in the newer expansion, ITU is now useful. Maybe an ITU that would stack with regular invis? Just a thought.

Group PoV.
    Group WoV.
    Show if corpse can be rezzed via tag over name.
    Fix stuns.
    Change aug type 4 on our Epic 1.5/2.0 to ANYTHING else!
    Allow shield bashes to proc a type 4 aug if they won't change the aug type.
    Summon Corpse spell.
    AA to increase the proc chance of our 32kdd turn undead aa.
    Increase the damage of our DoT from the turn undead aa.

That just about sums it up.
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    Pomaikai Po`okela
    70 Exarch

Capitalization is the difference between
    "Helping your uncle Jack off a horse"
    and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"

Sig courtesy of Hijinx Studios