Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: If you could add one thing to your cleric...

Default Re: If you could add one thing to your cleric...

Zone-wide death-touch.

I like the idea that Hannorel had, an undead snare, still along the undead lines but not overly powerful.
    Yeah of course an Invis would be sweet.
    Also how about tracking like rangers,druids, and bards but that tracks only corpes in zone since http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=16423]Necrotic Divining Device[/URL] only tracks the closest corpse.
    Last edited by Heindal; 10-29-2004 at 03:53 PM.
    Heindal Battlehammer
    Level 67 Cleric
    Druzzil Ro
    Shades of the Void
    http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=413633

A pogo stick for getting up gnome-unfriendly stairs.

...Mille

Venerable Milletoux Fleau'chevilles, 66 Gnome Cleric of Bertoxxulous
    Stuff I loot before I rez myself

AKA: Csimene Penombra, 64 Epic Human Mage of Innoruuk
    Stuff she loots when someone else rezzes her

lol mille

just today, we wnet to go wipe out kael for someones VP quest... and dang it!!! i hate those stairs coming from the WL side of kael!!! can get a running start, and clear the first two, then have to do the rest :-(. /grumble

Keyera
    105 cleric
    Undivided Faith
    Drinal

Sprinting over the fields, swinging a mighty hammer, cometh Keyera! And she gives a bloodthirsty roar:

"I'm going to bludgeon you into the stuff of nightmares!"

Invis, hands down

Just one thing? Decisions, decisions....hmmmm....well........I have a long list of things but If I put them all down, I may as well make a new class of char. I do know I can break it down to two things: Invisibility and Levitation.

Acutally what would be cool, to take a page from Jarvis and BadBoyBry; I would like something like DMF only minus EB no real need for it, eb isn't necessary EVERYWHERE.

Call it Holy Visage, it makes you float and equalizes your faction in zone to dubious or apprehensive at best (something that would make it so you just couldn't cast it and start questing, just enough to make you non-kos). Of course i realize that many many quests don't require ally faction, but i think the effects of this spell would make it useful enough. You could get the lev you wanted, and a "kind" of invis. Not acutally Invis but it would make it so certain mobs won't kill you on site but some who are just inheirantly violent would still beat on you.

I know i didn't really put a great explaination on it but I'm hoping you all get my drift.

It wouldn't violate the cleric role anyways. The lev might push it a little, but i think the faction idea would be better than clerics getting a flat-out invisibilty spell.

If anyone remembers ever watching Babylon 5 when Kosh comes out of his encounter suit to save Sheridan. Think that.

Maybe to make it more fair, you'd target a mob and it could work off of his faction.
    I dunno it's a maleable idea.
    If the corpse of a woman can marry the corpse of the man that made her a corpse, that is a sure sign that Satan is winning!

invis, no question. CR's in MPG are just a pain in the ass to do, somehow i dont see how its fair that now i have to use 7 cloudy potions to go from NC -> MPG, and to top it off im the only one who needs to do the run
    Aondail Shadowbane
    71th Season Cleric - NO LONGER Retired!
    Drinal Server
    Lvl80 Taruen Shaman - Saedorn - retired
    Lvl80 Troll Hunter - Kevasha - retired
    Lvl80 Undead Rogue - Ate - retired
    Lvl80 Tauren Druid - Ihasmilk - retired
    Lvl80 Orc Deathknight - Conniption - retired
    Lvl80 Blood Elf Warlock - Egnotus - retired

I believe that the reason that nothing gets done about this is because none of the developers realize that not only are you the only one who HAS to make the run, clerics are the only ones who will make the run.

I have never had to do rez's after a wipe and had anyone volunteer to come with. I've always been told, "Just give us a rez when you get there!" Half of the time my group is bound in 5 different zones and running all the way back to wherever I am to help me out with an Invis or anything else useful is just out of the question for them. I've acutally been told "You can rez me there, I'll just wait where i am thank you." Guess who didn't get a rez that day? Well none of them. I left the adventure and logged. I wasn't having any part of a group that wanted something for nothing in return!
    If the corpse of a woman can marry the corpse of the man that made her a corpse, that is a sure sign that Satan is winning!

well I like the invis thing, I also suggested it for the top 10 list...

but if I were to have to pick something *just for fun*, I'd say an illusion. I think it should be an AA, prerequisites being lvl 65 and some # (150? 200?) of aa's so it could be a status symbol. Well anyways I think it would be awesome if the AA could turn us into our respective god. High elves would turn into Tunare (sorry guys!), etc. And if I'm truly dreaming, throw in a little levitate and a halo, and match our run speed to the pally/sk horse .
    -Qqnaua The Mithril Chef, Cleric of Noble Blade
    Cleric gots hammer WIF SPIKEYS!!!

I have to go for invis also =( I hate carrying around invis potions, and I hate even more the time it takes me to zone to PoK, to Gunthak, and back to PoK to buy them. Maybe I need a new computer. But that aside, yes I want invis! I don't care about Levitation, i'm always amused falling for damage. Though if the spell was called something like AngelWings I'd get it hehe

-Gio/Jewel

Beside the invisibility (which I bet will never happen).. I'd like to see soemthing like at least 10k base CH.

-==:::{ My Phat Lewts }:::==-

It's a good thing Clerics have magical means of reviving a character.
    Imagine giving mouth to mouth to an ogre.

Invis definitely. I spend far more on cloudy potions than I'd like, and gnomish vanishing devices are very seldom found for sale.

Medeec

Sobakor said in post #24 :
    I believe that the reason that nothing gets done about this is because none of the developers realize that not only are you the only one who HAS to make the run, clerics are the only ones who will make the run.

/agree

EQ is designed to encourage people to work together. That is true for corpse runs, too. Clr/palas can rezz, Necs (their rezz is too expensive for casual use) and SKs can summon corpses, many others can bestow invis or like rogues recover corpses.

In theorie groups should have no problem providing their rezzers with invis.

In practice many player expect the cleric to solo the corpse run.

For added definition to the cleric class?

I'd love a 10k CH again, or a gather mana AA.

Something just for fun?

The ability to put colored tattoo's on my dark elves. It just seems so much more...I dunno. Ritualistic tattoos are the win (