Thread: Buff Timers not showing up

Default Buff Timers not showing up

Like the subject says, my buff timers will not show up. If i hit the "alt" key & run the mouse over the buff i can see the time, but that's not how it's supposed to work. Also, the only way i can see item names is by right clicking them. I can't drag the mouse over the item to get a name at all. "Allow Context Menus" is on, i've tried clicking it off & on again and that does not work. I talked to customer support and they told me to delete several files, which i did & it still did not solve the problem. I deleted eqgame.exe, eqmain.dll, eqclient.ini, the dx8 graphics file, dx9 file, user data file, UI files and re-patched and that still did not work. I'm running Win XP and i have download service pack 2...dunno if that has anything to do with it. Also, since deleting & re-patching, i reset all my options when i logged in. Dynamic Lighting and Spell Effects are set to OFF, but alas, they still show up. I'm at the end of my rope with this & it's quite aggrevating, especially when customer support isn't really a help. Any info on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Camreid Rezmistress
    65th Cleric of Tunare
    Phoenix Order - Drinal

Default Re: Buff Timers not showing up

I have been having the same trouble with Buff Timers. A lot of times if you just click in the buff window from that point forward when you hit ALT the timers will all appear as expected.
    Mistress Quenthel Arman'Daethre
    Fire Knives Guild Leader
    57 Dark Elf Templar of Innorruk
    Bertoxxulous (Thoxule Paells)
    View my Magelo profile here!

Wow that is weird i dont know i use a custom UI and have not encountered that problem i am not sure why that would happen
    Menorez Forfree (Me No Rez For Free)
    62 Cleric of Fennin Ro
    No you can't have my gear

The issue seems to be related only to the EQ UI. I use a custom UI as well but the Buff window is still the EQ Default UI Window as the modifications I made were fubarred when the Graphics patch came out... let me tell you it really sucked when EQ crashed everytime I hit ALT!
    Fire Knives Guild Leader

IMO if the original person posted this in 2004 in they should have the problem resolved by now lol. BUT that service pack 2 gets the ..i.. it did evil things to my computer. Deleted it and never did updates from then on!!
    ~Purified Vaclaw~~
    70 Cleric on the Povar Server
    http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1217633

Hmm... maybe I should pay more attention when I post in the Tech Help section LOL... seems not too many people use it.
    Fire Knives Guild Leader