Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Cleric Epic 1.5 Checklist and Walkthrough

Default Re: Cleric Epic II Checklist and Walkthrough

Kreate said in post [url=http://www.eqcleric.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=#post]#50 [/url.
    [/B] The Riftseeker zone area that you get the Riftseeker Plasma from has a level requirement of 69 or higher. So this would indicate that we are actually working on Cleric Epic 2.0.

Kreate, that sentence is formulated as a statement of a fact. Can you confirm that the third kind of plama is from riftseekers AND that it drops only in riftseekers AND have you tested that this is the name of the plasma you need? If not thats just hearsay or speculation.

Thats what I called "twisting". The moment you add an interpretation to a quotation and formulate it as a statement of fact you falsify its status. Even if it turns out to be correct. And that may cost a lot of time for every reader of this thread.

There is another thread in this forum concerning epic 1.5 and 2.0. This thread is the one where Kendricke collects verified information. If someone starts to put hearsay in this thread concealed as fact and it gets into the list, that may result in a lot of confusion for many people.
    Last edited by Alba; 09-22-2004 at 03:18 PM.

Ok I just want to know - does anyone have proof that you NEED to kill the Kyv Runner before the note spawns? I was just wondering. Or is it really upon death of the Kyv, a random mob is respawned with the note?
    Threon Tehn
    70 Cleric
    My Magelo

Alba said in post #61 :

Kreate, that sentence is formulated as a statement of a fact. Can you confirm that the third kind of plama is from riftseekers AND that it drops only in riftseekers AND have you tested that this is the name of the plasma you need? If not thats just hearsay or speculation.

Thats what I called "twisting". The moment you add an interpretation to a quotation and formulate it as a statement of fact you falsify its status. Even if it turns out to be correct. And that may cost a lot of time for every reader of this thread.

There is another thread in this forum concerning epic 1.5 and 2.0. This thread is the one where Kendricke collects verified information. If someone starts to put hearsay in this thread concealed as fact and it gets into the list, that may result in a lot of confusion for many people.

Thank you Alba. I'm doing my best to work with the information coming in. If anyone sees information in a different thread, or on a different site, please post here.

Specifically, I'm now looking for actual logged NPC text, NPC names, Drop names...well, you get the picture, I should hope.

Hi everyone! Just wanted to say that I've created and have been updating a webpage with all the information I've been able to collect from these forums and many other websites. Be advised, it might not be the *correct* information (and so I notate on the site) but it is information we could use to try to solve this!

Thanks to all who have added notes, quotes, theories, etc!! We all appreciate it!

Link to my Epic Guide:
    http://www.angelfire.com/fang/arrowd...ericepic2.html

Good hunting!!

~Anyilya Caress~
    Diviner of Tunare
    The 7th Hammer Server

Threon said in post #62 :
    Ok I just want to know - does anyone have proof that you NEED to kill the Kyv Runner before the note spawns? I was just wondering. Or is it really upon death of the Kyv, a random mob is respawned with the note?

In my experience, you do not need to kill the kyv first. I had my group setting up when we aggroed a roamer. The roamer dropped the encrypted note. I cant say for sure if it was just a fluke or what.. I havent heard of anyone else having this luck

Lyndro posted a third time on the gameglow forums:

You shouldn't be able to start any of the epic 2.0 quests until you have finished the 1.5 quest.

If someone else killed the Kyv it's entirely possible that the note was from an earlier spawn. Several times I'd seen the Kyv Runner up in Barindu before finding out he was for the cleric epic.

Alba said in post #55 :

I still think so. There is not one real argument against the current quest being 1.5.
    It is rather unlikely that they would have called it 1.5 if it wasn´t a prelude to 2.0. The quest we are doing now doesn´t require you to have the 1.5 shield. Doesn´t seem very logical that you can do 2.0 without ever having done 1.5. But it tests if you have 1.0?
    You can easily compare the already finished epics to ours.

None of these had quite like the big raid encounter. The hardest steps have a single hard-hitting mob that takes a Time-GoD group or two.

Also, all of the 1.5 epics have tradeskill steps. Rogues have to do a lot of stuff. Necromancers have to make a box. Enchanters have to do something else. In short, everybody seems to have some tradeskilling to do...

... except us. No tradeskills so far.
    where a dev states that the "2 groups for everything" is a misundestanding - it was meant as "almost everything", except for a few parts, that require up to 6 groups of raiders.
    Which is funny, because every single epic 1.5 so far requires at most 2 groups.

It was stressed time and again that epic 1.5 would be doable by people without a raiding guild, and epic 2.0 would require raids. You do have things that occur in zones that were used for raiding, but the content is much easier if you're at 70, so much that you can do (for Shaman epic, the closest you have to a raid is going up to island 4 in Plane of Sky for a trade-in, an endeavour that is probably single groupable, maybe 2 groupable for 70s. Except for one of our shamans who's KOS in PoS, including Sirran, due to a 2-year old bug).

Why would the epic 1.5 for cleric be different? Remember: they also said that they took a general template for epics, so that each epic 2 would be of "equivalent difficulty".

I have looked at the 1.5 epics that have been solved, and none of them offers anything close to that WL encounter in term of difficulty. The LF camp encounter already raised a couple of warning bells, because it was at odds with every single other epic.

As for Lyndro's message. You shouldn't. Maybe there's a switch in the quest checks, and Tavon looks for epic 1.0 where he should be looking for epic 1.5, or something.

I would think that being able to start this quest would have nothing to do with having epic 1.5 or not, because the final step could be using epic 1.5 as a combine part or a turn in, so being able to start this quest does not prove that it is not Epic 2.0 quest.

On the other hand, why would epic 2.0 have a pre-step if you do not have your epic 1.0? If the above was true, the pre-step would only be needed before epic 1.5.

Therefore IMO it's epic 1.5 quest.
    Threon Tehn
    70 Cleric
    My Magelo

Also, all of the 1.5 epics have tradeskill steps. Rogues have to do a lot of stuff. Necromancers have to make a box. Enchanters have to do something else. In short, everybody seems to have some tradeskilling to do...

Nice point. Started getting me thinking that the shield and the bloods are a combine. Blood sounds like possible tempers and shields are always smithing. Brewing or Smithing perhaps at the end?

I hope so

blah cannot figure out how to do [quote] here
    Last edited by Cazhmir; 09-23-2004 at 07:43 AM.
    Bad Craziness at Impossible Speeds

Ukerric said in post #68 :

You can easily compare the already finished epics to ours.

None of these had quite like the big raid encounter. The hardest steps have a single hard-hitting mob that takes a Time-GoD group or two.

Which is funny, because every single epic 1.5 so far requires at most 2 groups.

It was stressed time and again that epic 1.5 would be doable by people without a raiding guild, and epic 2.0 would require raids. You do have things that occur in zones that were used for raiding, but the content is much easier if you're at 70, so much that you can do (for Shaman epic, the closest you have to a raid is going up to island 4 in Plane of Sky for a trade-in, an endeavour that is probably single groupable, maybe 2 groupable for 70s. Except for one of our shamans who's KOS in PoS, including Sirran, due to a 2-year old bug).

Why would the epic 1.5 for cleric be different? Remember: they also said that they took a general template for epics, so that each epic 2 would be of "equivalent difficulty".

I have looked at the 1.5 epics that have been solved, and none of them offers anything close to that WL encounter in term of difficulty. The LF camp encounter already raised a couple of warning bells, because it was at odds with every single other epic.

As for Lyndro's message. You shouldn't. Maybe there's a switch in the quest checks, and Tavon looks for epic 1.0 where he should be looking for epic 1.5, or something.
    Bard epic seems to be also hard. So far, we have we have a small solo part, a one-group encounter followed by at least 8 encounters that requires 3 or more GoD groups ...

Good luck to the cleric and bard communities

I don´t believe that all the stages done so far are epic 2.0.
    Thats my opinon. Not more. But the discussion if this really is 1.5 has started to dominate the class forums and results in a lot of unnecessary confusion. If you believe this is 2.0 go and find the starter for 1.5. If not, concentrate upon the next step and find a mob that drops the last kind of plasma.

Most people who argue (not only here) that this must be 2.0 have fielded only on real argument: The two raidencounters are harder than they expected. Ukerric fields another one that is more important: Comparison to the finished epics. They are easier as far as raids are concerned and include more tradeskilling than we have encountered so far.

The result of that discussion is a lot of confusion and doubt. But I still miss one thing: the honest ATTEMPT to PROVE that there is anothe epic 1.5. Not one word from someone scouting the open zones pre-GoD for another questgiver. Or of other npc´s that can be part of the large number of epic 1.5 steps.

But please acknowledge that it takes a lot of maior mistakes from SOE´s side and even evil intent:

Lyndro (dev) informed us on a class forum that the epic contains a false translation (blood = plama). He added additional inforamtion that you don´t have to go to a level 69+ zone to complete the epic. He dinally stated that you shouldn´t be able to start epic 2.0 without 1.5. Conclusion: If this is 2.0 then there is a major bug somewhere our epics script. And a dev doesn´t mention it, but corrects minor translation bugs, adds information that enables us to continue "2.0" and supplies an information like
    You shouldn't be able to start any of the epic 2.0 quests until you have finished the 1.5 quest.
    Do you really believe that any sane person who knows the epic-quest´s solution would add such a remark if the epic is really bugged and we are doing 2.0 without getting 1.5 first? Just to reinforce the communities belief that the are on the right way?

If you believe that this is 2.0, go and scout the open zones of the pre-GoD content for new npc´s. A lot of people did it - clerics among them, while looking for the start of our epic or plamatic priests.

If not, then please test the two raidencounters of our epic, if there are easier ways to do them.

And if you compare with other epics, then include all of them - the bards´epic for exmaple has some tough encounters too. Encounters that could not be done with 2 groups with standard tactics.

hrm, interesting.... I see peeople are looking for a blood drop in Walls of Slaughter.... just so happens I was there last night, my first ever group there, just doing exp. The dragorns there drop "Dragorn Blood" [Magic, No Drop]. No one seemed to know what they were for, but they are not terribly uncommon, we had two rotting in front of us at one point and so I picked one up "just in case". Looks like I may have gotten lucky .
    Last edited by Qqnaua; 09-23-2004 at 10:14 AM.
    -Qqnaua The Mithril Chef, Cleric of Noble Blade
    Cleric gots hammer WIF SPIKEYS!!!

I got Murkglidedr Blood in Dranik Hollows (it also dropped in WoS too )
    Threon Tehn
    70 Cleric
    My Magelo

hrm, here are links for the two bloods:

dragorn blood

murkglider blood

well, if that is a tradeskill step, then it's not the dragorn blood because it's not combinable (or at least not tagged that way yet). but seeing as the murkglider blood is neither lore nor nodrop, I would not think it is the epic drop either.

eeeeenteresting. I will be doing more hunting in WoS so I will let you know if I see any more bloods.
    -Qqnaua The Mithril Chef, Cleric of Noble Blade
    Cleric gots hammer WIF SPIKEYS!!!