Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Cleric Epic 1.5 Checklist and Walkthrough

Default Re: Cleric Epic II Checklist and Walkthrough

We did the final epic fight last night in Waking lands. We did it with a raid force of 33 people, A word of warning when taking on this mob, he will span immediatly after turn in, Has a nast AE, no point in trying to use RC, as soon as you cure the group, you will get hit with it again. When the mob is @ 20% you need to debuff him as he buffs himself pretty well, also need to have someone ready to kite the adds that will come along with him, Dont know if the adds are the same everytime, but one add was also a named, as of yet have not found a perfect way with dealing with the adds, had a necro fd to rez us when we all died so we could get back to loot, as need to have a rouge to open the chest to obtain the sheild... just my 2cp..

I think we are looking in the wrong place to start, this quest seems MUCH more involved then the other epics, as per the devs, no 1.5 epic will require more then a group or greater then level 65. I think we may be starting our epic 2.0 here as we've already hit a couple raid level mobs and none of the other epics have had this.

Heard it was confirmed on another sight by a dev that no one has found the 1.5 epic start for clerics yet. That we are actually working on epic 2.0. I will see if I can find it again and post the quote in here.

As far as the map pieces dropping, they are dropping in different parts of the zone. The shredded piece, which is probably the toughest to get, drops in the SW part of Ferubi off random mobs near the Smith area. We raided smith last night to get some of our new recruits ready to hit Uqua with us, and had 3 of the shredded ones drop in that area. Torn we got in the SE area of Ferubi, it was actually closer to ESE.

Hmm it would seem the pet is also a major player in our epic hehe
    I think I was too worried someone else in zone might have killed the mob with the note to realize that it makes perfect sense for the pet to have the note. After all...Kyv Runner wraps it around an arrow and shoots it off into the ground futher away so what would make more sense than the dog running after it to play fetch

Ok, found the post from a cleric on my website about this being epic 2.0. It is as follows, posted by Boanerges from Shadowed Soul:

There's a nice walkthrough posted up in this thread with all the info in one easy shot (I'd repost it but it's kinda long and incomplete atm).

Btw, Lyndro (lead EQ dev) said (indirectly) that this quest is Epic 2.0. Apparently nobody has found 1.5 yet...

Quote from Lyndro...
    Just a note - The dwarf asks for riftseeker blood, when he wants riftseeker plasma. That'll be fixed in tomorrow's patch. The epic 1.5 can be done at level 65, so it won't require you to go into any zones that you need to be higher than that to get into.
    The Riftseeker zone area that you get the Riftseeker Plasma from has a level requirement of 69 or higher. So this would indicate that we are actually working on Cleric Epic 2.0.

We found my note from the Kyv Runner up in the valley that leads to the Tipt/Vxed zone in. I would recommend pulling mobs to the entrance of the valley to avoid adds. We ended up with 3 wandering adds when fighting by the cornfield.

Also, I had problems finding Shav the Cryptologist until a nice druid tracked her for me. Her loc is neg 161, neg 299, pos 100.

EDIT: Lyndo added a second post:
    The combine is working on live currently, only the text is incorrect.
    Lyndro saying

Just a note - The dwarf asks for riftseeker blood, when he wants riftseeker plasma. That'll be fixed in tomorrow's patch. The epic 1.5 can be done at level 65, so it won't require you to go into any zones that you need to be higher than that to get into.
    might be interpreted as: It IS 1.5 and because of that we will fix the text, so that people don´t start to believe they have to go to 69+ zones. I think it is likely that he wanted to warn us that the quest giver uses an incorrect name for the one kind of drop.

There are multiple ways to interpret that post, but there is not much that indicates that Lyndro wanted to tell us that we somehow managed to start 2.0 without ever getting 1.5.

[
    Last edited by Alba; 09-22-2004 at 03:28 PM.

Easiest way I have found to locate Shav the Cryptologist is to use the find function (CTRL + F). Uncheck the box in lower corner of the find function menu so that you see all vendors in the Abysmal Sea zone. Now click on the necro spell vendor, and click the find button so that magical path comes up leading you to the necro spell vender. Shav is in the room directly across the hall from the necro spell vendor.

So there are two separate quests for 1.5 and 2.0? I had thought that the 1.5 was an interim reward like the shamans got during their original epic /boggle

Kailihn said in post #54 :
    So there are two separate quests for 1.5 and 2.0? I had thought that the 1.5 was an interim reward like the shamans got during their original epic /boggle
    I still think so. There is not one real argument against the current quest being 1.5. Everything that was quoted here from the gameglow forum was twisted and people didn´t ake care to differentiate between the original dev quote and the one-sided conclusions people drew from it. There were only two sentence from a dev on the gameglow forum.

Fact is: There is only one concept art for epic 1.5 and 2.0.

It is rather unlikely that they would have called it 1.5 if it wasn´t a prelude to 2.0. The quest we are doing now doesn´t require you to have the 1.5 shield. Doesn´t seem very logical that you can do 2.0 without ever having done 1.5. But it tests if you have 1.0?

The two raidencounters may seem difficult. But SOE has to calculate for people who already have spoilers. Once someone will be able to parse the encounter, test tactics to handle the Adds and deliver reliable data this will change. And despite the large number of people claiming that epic 1.5 can be done with 2 groups, I have not found one post so far, that could give a source for that claim.

And even if there is - thats not the same as saying that 2 groups lvl 65 with casual gear can do it - Maybe 2 groups are the minimum for these encounters and casual guilds will have take several times that much. The gameglow forum even contains a quote from a necro forum, where a dev states that the "2 groups for everything" is a misundestanding - it was meant as "almost everything", except for a few parts, that require up to 6 groups of raiders.

I find the whole 1.5 -vs- 2.0 debate to be very interesting. One thing to point out is that this seems to require you to be level 69 to get into the Rift. This doesn't seem very fair b/c at least 2 necos, 1 shaman, 1 monk, and 2 SKs have complete what I believe to be epic 1.5 on RN. It does not see fair that clerics can't get epic until almost level 70. The grinds for levels in Omens is kind of stinking and unless you can get the inner castle in PoF or punish yourself in KT, most clerics will not be getting this epic step anytime soon. Luckily I belong to a guild that is about to become timed flagged and we are already into KT. Anyone else think that clerics are getting a mini shaft here?

From the healing classes epics I have seen so far, their seems to be a group heal component on each and a focus effect. I wonder if the affect on our shield is something that may cause balance issues? Say a 10K CH without recast timer of silly amounts?

Flavius Afanius
    67 Cleric of Brell
    http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=280453
    Flavius Afranius
    75 Apprentice Chef and Cleric of Brell
    RZ. RN, and finally Quellious
    Licensed Healing Dorf

Again:

The epic 1.5 can be done at level 65, so it won't require you to go into any zones that you need to be higher than that to get into
    That is a quote from a dev. If we are willing to believe he knows what he is saying, that means:

If the quest everyone is doing is 1.5 - and I think it is, for a lot of reasons - it is very unlikely that you will get the 3rd plasma only from a lvl 69+ zone.

Can someone confirm that he has found some kind of plasma in one of the 69+ zones?

Is this for the Epic 1.5 or 2?

I found this quote in SK epic 1.5 it may lead to wailing sister blood:

Sienn Kastane says, “In the Plane of Nightmare, there dwells a banshee known as the Wailing Sister. In her possession is a rune of great power. The sword’s hatred has awoken from a deep slumber. The rune however is only part of what will be needed to help mask’s the sword’s hatred. The rune is inactive until combined with the Wailing Sister’s blood. Recover the rune and a sample of her blood and return them to me.?

Hail, The Wailing Sister.
    The Wailing Sister wails loudly in agony!
    Flavius Afranius
    75 Apprentice Chef and Cleric of Brell
    RZ. RN, and finally Quellious
    Licensed Healing Dorf

Everything that was quoted here from the gameglow forum was twisted and people didn´t ake care to differentiate between the original dev quote and the one-sided conclusions people drew from it. There were only two sentence from a dev on the gameglow forum.
    Nothing was twisted. The post was quoted exactly as the dev wrote it. The only difference is the conclusions people are drawing from it.

One side can argue that the dev is saying the text is wrong, and the npc mis-quoted blood instead of plasma as the item you are to receive out of the Riftseeker zone which is 69+. And then one side can argue that the dev is saying that this is epic 1.5 and that the Clerics will not be going into a 69+ zone. It is all a matter of speculation. That is why these forums are here. So we can hash out the truths from the non-truths and work together to finish the quest.

If you right (which you very well could be), then we are indeed doing epic 1.5 and that the clerics are looking in the wrong zone (Riftseekers zone). And the statement how it isn't epic 2.0 because it doesn't check for epic 1.5 first brings up a lot of good questions. I honestly hope that this is epic 1.5, because so far it seems way to easy for the end reward. And if this is epic 2.0, I will be thorough disappointed in the developement team of SoE.

But I can also counter that maybe we are working on epic 2.0. Maybe epic 1.5 and epic 2.0 are independant of each other. One epic is an epic that is obtainable by the high-end guild player, which requires raid mobs (mobs that require more than 2 groups) to be killed to obtain the final epic. And the other epic is one that is obtainable by the casual player who can only muster up 1 to 2 group of friends to help him out.

Like I said before, these forums are here for us to hash these truths out. The quotes were not twisted to start with, they were merely quoted and a conclusion was drawn.