View Poll Results: What is your favorite expansion and why?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • Original (Old School all the way baby!)

15 7.46%
  • Ruins of Kunark (Love the Iksar)

11 5.47%
  • Scars of Velious (Love the Dragons)

46 22.89%
  • Shadows of Luclin (Love the Kitties)

20 9.95%
  • Planes of Power (Plane of Time WOOT!)

58 28.86%
  • Lost Dungeons of Norrath (Love the Wayfarer's)

41 20.40%
  • Gates of Discord (Love the Nihilites)

10 4.98%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Expansion

Default Favorite Expansion

I am curious who likes which expansion and why?

My personal favorite is Velious. Tower of Frozen Shadow is my favorite zone in the whole game.

Default Re: Favorite Expansion

personally i love SoL, had some good quests (some which took way to long *cough* VT key *cough*), loot which by todays standards is still really quite good, it added the bazaar, added the kitties , and just all in all was a good expansion
    Aondail Shadowbane
    71th Season Cleric - NO LONGER Retired!
    Drinal Server
    Lvl80 Taruen Shaman - Saedorn - retired
    Lvl80 Troll Hunter - Kevasha - retired
    Lvl80 Undead Rogue - Ate - retired
    Lvl80 Tauren Druid - Ihasmilk - retired
    Lvl80 Orc Deathknight - Conniption - retired
    Lvl80 Blood Elf Warlock - Egnotus - retired

/Emote looks around at the choices then whispers (w) LOY

something about the torgiran mines and hatesfury that i just love

Velious.

It really developed the lore, it also added a great deal of very good content. I spent much of my EQ career in POG... it was a true challenge, it required real thought and it took tactics, strategy, and clear and quick thinking. It also lasted the longest of the expansions as far as "usefulness" or "still viable" content.

The dungeons were still dungeons then, there were some, but not a lot of "sit and grind mindlessly pulling 1 mob at a time" areas, yet still many places to exp. Dungeons and encounters took skill, not zerging (though zerging was effective, it wasn't as effective). There was less of the "nerf an essential class ability in the name of *cough* balancing the encounters." Granted, some classes got the pooch screwed on them, but not by design, more by accident, whereas every one of the following expansions has been balanced AGAINST certain classes.

Velious also intruduced amazing graphics and intruduced some of the fascinating "evironmental" aspects (slippery floors, jumping across holes, that sort of thing), and it also brought in a lot more "controlled content" from the standpoint of level 46+ only zones. Which IMO was a good thing.

heheh you're right Croakes.

Hard to say. I chose LDoN because I love the dungeons, but I also liked PoP so I could get away from having to rely on obnoxious porters. But I also love many of the LoY zones, although I didn't explore any of them for months after the expansion came out (not to mention I made a killing on armor dye when it first came out). I'd have to say that GoD is the only expansion that has made little impact on me; only things I use from that are the leadership points and the tradeskilling mecca of the Abysmal Sea.

...Mille

Venerable Milletoux Fleau'chevilles, 66 Gnome Cleric of Bertoxxulous
    Stuff I loot before I rez myself

AKA: Csimene Penombra, 64 Epic Human Mage of Innoruuk
    Stuff she loots when someone else rezzes her

depends on the day...

i use GoD for abysmal sea and a quick way to get to magus(i), i PoP for PoK, but more often then not, i port to nexus and go on my way. i actually still use the wizzie spires when i'm moving around 3 toons to 3 different areas and am not in a rush. all the other expansions i use a lot.

but when push comes to shove...i adore PoM. i like thurgadin. i love SG. i love SS (even though i'm hated there now).

so velious it is.
    Anerak: 69 Cleric
    Lynnara Starspinner: 70 Bard
    Rainyn Menn: 59 Necro
    Lilmanya Lotzagutz: 58 Magi
    Shirokishi Al'Rhianan: 54 Paladin

For me it is sort of a toss up between LDoN and Luclin. LDoN is cool because it is made for the casual player and the augment idea worked out nicely. I had my doubts at first. But then back when Shadows of Luclin came out... Wow! I remember the awe when I finally got a new computer and everything seemed new and fresh. It was like I had walked into a whole new Norrath. The upgrade was very nice. Yet, I was awestrucken by the ship going to Kunark when I first boarded it and headed down to Firiona Vie. The statue was beautiful.

Some of the expansions were rather usless some of them were awesome. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with GoD, but hey the Leadership stuff is neat. Much of it these days takes out the role play aspect.

May Tunare Bless Thee...

I personally had a hard time choosing between SoL and PoP. I decided on PoP in the end because of the Knowledge portals. Having played since the game first came out, with a year break in there right after SoL, I remember how long and agonizing the journeys by boat were if you were in Qeynos or Freeport and wanted to get to Crushbone to group with some friends. I believe that even as fun as a beastlord is, it woulnd't be nearly as fun if I couldn't meet up and have a fun time with my friends and spent the enire time running instead. NEway, that's my 2cp.
    ~Maclypse Noxhelious~
    Dwarven Cleric of the Tribunal

My Blog

I chose PoP. The Knowledge portals were well worth the cost of the expansion (yeah i know, its open to those without PoP now, but was worth it for the time it wasnt) and i just love the planes content. My second choice would be the original EQ. Love my Plane of Hate (the pre-vamped one at least).

I loved LDoN. I had so much more to do than the standard sit and heal I have run into everywhere else. I could pacify and even (G-d forbid) pull... you have no idea how many melee classes I pissed off because of that. LDoN also gave me the smithed armors... both for wearing and making. I really enjoy that expansion.
    Life above all,
    Others before self,
    Death before dishonor.

I'm on the fence. I started playing right after Velious came out, so I didn't know much about the game and didn't go to Velious zones for awhile. But I remember after buying Shadows of Luclin, and seeing the new player models, they were so much better and I hate playing without them. And I loved exploring the new zones that were there.

But PoP took it to another level with making a ton of things easier. Trade skills (Abysmal is the best now, but I don't really like GoD all that much), getting from one place to another, unseen of loot, more reasons to raid, more targets to go after, more levels and a ton more AAs, and so on....

LoY was my favorite for obvious reasons... I'm a Frog... =)

Of the ones listed, I chose Luclin since they re-vamped the character models and such... =) Mega Woot!

I really enjoyed the PoP expansion for the sole reason of traveling around the world without having to pay a silly druid to take me where ever I needed to go. It was very nice especially when your a Melee class with no gate available.

I like the Planes of Power. There's just something nifty about killing the Gods you read about in the manual and stuff

But on a serious note, I like the portal system, and the unique and refreshing raid encounters that it offers. Compared to Luclin the raid content is 100% better and more thoughful. The Plane of Time is also a real blast too.

I also like the Flagging system(I am probably the only one) but it gave a whole new meaning to raids and why they are important.

It was also a lot of fun to work through it as a guild.