View Poll Results: What is your favorite expansion and why?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • Original (Old School all the way baby!)

15 7.46%
  • Ruins of Kunark (Love the Iksar)

11 5.47%
  • Scars of Velious (Love the Dragons)

46 22.89%
  • Shadows of Luclin (Love the Kitties)

20 9.95%
  • Planes of Power (Plane of Time WOOT!)

58 28.86%
  • Lost Dungeons of Norrath (Love the Wayfarer's)

41 20.40%
  • Gates of Discord (Love the Nihilites)

10 4.98%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Expansion

Default Re: Favorite Expansion

Old school eq gamer here. I've been on rallos for over 3years and while I know they need new content to keep the audience captivated expansions are not the answer. Eq would have been better served if there were just additional quests added to the existing Norrath. Of course I don't have any expansions past PoP but my friends do and with each new expansion a part of the classic eq seems to disappear.

Varus
    Non liquet...

Old school here as well. Nothing beats it. To this day I still go back to Najena and Unrest to wreck havoc. My favorite expansion was Kunark however. There was actually more lore there than probably anywhere else. From the fight between the Siblisian empire and the Iksars, to the sunken cities and the spectre undead. Not to mention we had our "real" dragons.

IMO alot of the other expansions only succeeding in dumbing down the original game and breaking away from the true value of the game. Luclin and Omens were total game breakers. (

Velious! EW rocked...................at the time!

a lot of people seem to like original/velious..... i know a lot more that liked the first 3 that dont play anymore.... and i know the reason....
    . first off, everyone loved the challenge in the game, and the accomplishment of getting somewhere... but every since luclin EQ has gone downhill, at least for me,.. cus i liked having the feeling of accomplishment when i get to a zone, and PoP really killed it, now it can take u 2-5 mins to get to somewhere normally, but before if u got somewhere u had a feeling of accomplishment and u stayed there till xp really started sucking, u know why, cus it took a long time to get anywhere....

and a lot of people really loved the first 3 cus Sigil was still in the room workin on EQ...(Sigil was the one that created EQ... Sony just funded it)..and Sigil had a vision for EQ, but when they left Sony just tried to help the people that were complaining.... which took away the fun for everyone else that loved the game....

...im still playin EQ... least till i can play Sigil's new game......
    btw the avatar isnt of me....
    though it kinda looks like my gf...

I like PoP just becaue its now easier to get around lol
    Silviena Mordhowen
    Povar

Well my favorite expansion from this is Planes of Power. I was not for it at first because they took away the main source of income from my druid. It turned out to be a good thing and I started to explore more in search of PP. I also think that being able to navigate the world faster is a good thing not a bad thing. Now instead of wasting my limited time 1-3 hours every other day running somewhere just in time to kill 2 things then gate home because its not safe to log there. I can go to PoK then take the proper stone and cut my travel time down to 15 minutes.
    Menorez Forfree (Me No Rez For Free)
    62 Cleric of Fennin Ro
    No you can't have my gear

Well my favorite expansion from this is Planes of Power. I was not for it at first because they took away the main source of income from my druid. It turned out to be a good thing and I started to explore more in search of PP. I also think that being able to navigate the world faster is a good thing not a bad thing. Now instead of wasting my limited time 1-3 hours every other day running somewhere just in time to kill 2 things then gate home because its not safe to log there. I can go to PoK then take the proper stone and cut my travel time down to 15 minutes.

Sorry stupid computer sent this 2 times.
    Menorez Forfree (Me No Rez For Free)
    62 Cleric of Fennin Ro
    No you can't have my gear

Easy: Velious!

Coldrain Ring is the best thought out quests in EQ.
    And the deal with oppososing factions was brilliant.

NtoV is the best designed raiding zone. Some of my best EQ moments are from NtoV.

Tower of Frozen Shadows is a great place. Skyshrine was a fun crawl.

Basically Velious seemed more well designed and planned than some of the later expansions (LDoN quickly became mindnumbing boring and LoY just doesn't fit in anywhere).

Kunark came in as a close second. Great lore and I love Sebilis. Whacking frogs is an old favourite of mine (yes, I was around when LGuk was teh place to be).
    --------------------

DWARF!!

I had to put Velious mainly because of NToV. I loved the cold/snowy atmosphere they created with it and the whole Dragons vs the Giants vs the Dwarves. Fun fun fun.
    When I was still at the peak of playing my Warrior he was SA in our little raiding family guild and occasionally he got to tank (I had already been playing for a couple years at the time). But when I did play (not necessarily tank) in NToV it still put me awe at the size of the zone, the layout and the HUGE Dragons.

Luclin comes in Close second because that's when I started out as a Wizard and was proud little magic big boom caster =) not to mention the Lizards in SSRA and the layout of the place itself

I love PoP. Makes it so easy to get around, and the Planes are fun!

I selected LDoN. I also Like DoN and DoDh. My play time tends to be seqmented except for raid nights. LDoN was the first expansion that started to turn the corner toward making short play periods worth logging in.

I think some of the mm's are way to agressive on reward vs. risk...I'd like to see them maintain that concept, but in a way where player have to use their class skills to advance. Maybe some solo trials would be a good addition...where a cleric has to use a little CC, a little damage, and a little healing to help an NPC warrior past said number of baddies. Oh well...just dreaming.

Old school all the way. Splitpaw was my favorite zone in the whole game til they rearranged it. Velious is a close 2nd tho for the Ringwars, still the most fun raid event in the game IMO
    I didn't mind running across the world or waiting for boats. It gave EQ a more realistic feel that pen/paper games lacked.
    Celedine Crashcart
    80 Exemplar of Tunare
    Retired Hussy

Couldn't agree more Celedine - 10th ringwar in GD is the best event ever designed.
    --------------------

DWARF!!

Kunark hands down in my opinion. Love those dungeon crawls!

For the expansions that were out when this was posted, I voted accordingly, SoV.

Since that time, I would have to say DoDH is top with OOW coming in a very close 2nd.
    Ariowen Dor'Drondel - Ranger
    Nicoletta Dor'Drondel - Cleric
    Avenora Dor'Drondel - Bard
    Sabanil Winddancer - Shaman

Alarius
    Cazic Thule
    Ari's Stuff
    Nic's stuff
    Ave's stuff