View Poll Results: What is your favorite expansion and why?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • Original (Old School all the way baby!)

15 7.46%
  • Ruins of Kunark (Love the Iksar)

11 5.47%
  • Scars of Velious (Love the Dragons)

46 22.89%
  • Shadows of Luclin (Love the Kitties)

20 9.95%
  • Planes of Power (Plane of Time WOOT!)

58 28.86%
  • Lost Dungeons of Norrath (Love the Wayfarer's)

41 20.40%
  • Gates of Discord (Love the Nihilites)

10 4.98%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Expansion

Default Re: Favorite Expansion

I like the adventures. Done a lot of them. Haven't used GoD much yet but just for the books I voted PoP. I don't really miss the boats much.

Josie

It's a toss up between LoY and LDoN. Since LoY was left out, my choice was easy.

I see people complain about LoY all the time, calling it worthless, boring, etc. To them I say, "You are right. Don't bother coming. Tell all your friends."

"Oh merciful Tunare, even though I have personally rammed a sword into your oversized breast and looted your broken corpse about 3 times this month alone, please grant me the ability to heal faster! I offer you this piece of crap item I looted off an orc I was able to kill blindfolded. I hope you like it."
    Dobbanz on Lanys, discussing the new Tribute System

I love doing the dungeon crawls in LDoN, so that got my vote.

Have to agree about the least useful expansion being GoD. I've spent very little time in those zones.
    Full fathom five thy father lies
    Of his bones are coral made...

Aspenelder ~ 66 Cleric of Prexus
    Officer of Dark Tranquility

Velious mainly for the lore.

PoP is pretty neat being able to keep close company with the gods. Watching Mith Marr walk over top of me was really cool.

Although not an "expansion", the original was my favorite because the game was fresh. There weren't uber powerful toons running around PLing newbies. You had to work for your armor and weapons and wisps were near invincible except to casters. Just my 2 copper.

Luclin has this peculiar allure to me. The new textures and models really appealed to me [even though my computer did and still does hate them ] and made Norrath really look like new. Plus the kitties.

I love doing LDoNs..... When they were new and everyone was doing them, you could find an LDoN group within 5 minutes of logging in. You got XP, AA, Adventure Points, Gear, Augments, Plat, etc etc etc... Hard to find that many good things in one place, AND not worrying about other grouping camping, KSing, etc... I also really like Grouping when one can come together fast... I hate sitting LFG.... So LDoN was my favorite... I just wish 1) Augments still dropped as much (First couple months you would get 3-5 per adventure, now you only get one about every 5.... or maybe I am just not lucky) and 2) They were as popular.... (Can't ever find LDoN groups anymore... Unless it is with a group that wants to do a hard with a 62 Tank with 2K HP..... ouch)

Everhope Faithlove
    66 Cleric
    Bristlebane
    Everhope Faithlove, 67 Cleric

Everhope65+ may not be suitable for everyone. Side effects may include, but are not limited to, giddiness, drowsiness, experience, buffage, and in a small percentage of users: death. Ask your Dr. or Parmacist if Everhope65+ might be right for you.

This is a thoughie I want to say "ALL" since that is how I feel about it. But then, when I came to the game last September many of the expansions was "standard" to me. I bought the EQ Evolution set (which included everything up to but not including LDoN) and LDoN when my free trial month was up.

Not only do I love every expansion, I buy each and every one of them regardless of the immediate use to me {rolleyes}. An expansionoholic. I've only ever hunted in Natimbi, but I love the tribute system (it rocks!) and I wouldn't be with out my Kiki's cookbook. OoW... well, I've already rezzes people at zone-in, so at least I've been useful to others in that expansion

I vote: ALL expansions are my favourite expansion!

--Bron

Its a toss up for me betweeen LoY and Velious...

But I go with Velious. A whole new, snowy continent..Dorfs versus Giants, one of the best ideas SOE ever had and was original to the game. Crystal Caverns and Tower of Frozen Shadows were some of the best zone ideas in the game. RyGorr Orcs, Kael Drakkel raids, ring wars..Velious was the best time I ever had in EQ..

LoY is also good and great XP up to 60...not to mention Temperance, Dyes, Drogmer mounts(while not a new idea),

PoP and beyond = (

I liked Luclin because of the Vah Shir. The idea of being a cat and not really hated is good.
    Sephrenia Soulfire
    62nd Lvl High Preistess of Tunare
    Hand of Ka
    Prexus

-I can't cure Stupidity-

I'm a lover of those lost dungeons hehe

It was a tossup between Kunark and Velious for me. Those two seems like the most complete to me, and they kept with the "realism" of the world. Somehow, PoP and LDoN took something away from that realism (I keep jumping into the same quicksand pit, but it leads to a different dungeon each time). I disliked the flagging sytem in PoP, and the whole concept of needing a raiding guild to advance anywhere bothers me still. I didn't like Luclin because of the random "traps", like the wolves in DSP, or the worms in the Grey. LoY was good, but seemed unfinished, and GoD seemed like they rushed it from production to the shelves in like 2 weeks. In the end, I chose Velious, because it had the best quests, the best looking zones, and the best storyline overall.

The new graphics engine in Luclin really brought the game back for me. I didn't like the way my character used to look back before that. It's all in the look ya know.
    Dahc Rameg
    Worshiper of Innoruuk
    Level 56 Templar

Magelo

From the listed I like PoP the most cose its not same Ukun_0123 or orc_035 in every zone u enter
    Nice design and zones looks different etc etc...

Tho I kinda like OOW too but its not in list

-==:::{ My Phat Lewts }:::==-

It's a good thing Clerics have magical means of reviving a character.
    Imagine giving mouth to mouth to an ogre.

LDON for sure. I truly believe that it was a real break from the other expanions and is a real boon to the casual player. Most of the other expansions were just just that, expansions on the same theme. LDON provided a very different way to play the game. POP perhaps a distant second with the "stones and books". I must confess to loving LOY too though.

I agree that GoD is almost useless. I have spent some time in OOW though. The rumour that SOE really did screw up and release these two expansions in the wrong order makes a lot of sense to me. That is GoD truly only becomes useful when you hit the level 70.
    Archon
    The Nameless Server
    (Retired)