Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Remember When.... (EQ before PoP)

Default Re: Remember When.... (EQ before PoP)

I remember the old spell graphics; little variety in colored motes. Also, when you hit level 24, the graphics became a litte more "spiffy."

I remember not having messages telling you who looted what, so ninjas really had it made.

I remember ridingon a boat for the first time, and totally in awe that it took you 30 minutes to get somewhere on the boat. This was unlike any other RPG I had played to that point.

I remember completing the quest for the Testament of Vanear, and thinking I had a pretty uber piece of equipment now. (I still have it in my bank.)

I remember getting on the list for the sarnak fort in LOIO. Left platform, right platform, courtyard, back door...oy!

I remember when faction for race and diety choices really had an impact on where you went.
    ...and they, being naughty in thine eyes, shall snuff it...

man i havent played that long but i remember my cousin telling me that Scars of Velious the "new" expansion was gonna be the shit amd me wanting to get my hands on the game and try it
    Aondail Shadowbane
    71th Season Cleric - NO LONGER Retired!
    Drinal Server
    Lvl80 Taruen Shaman - Saedorn - retired
    Lvl80 Troll Hunter - Kevasha - retired
    Lvl80 Undead Rogue - Ate - retired
    Lvl80 Tauren Druid - Ihasmilk - retired
    Lvl80 Orc Deathknight - Conniption - retired
    Lvl80 Blood Elf Warlock - Egnotus - retired

I remember having to map a Sense Heading hotkey to my left arrow key to train it up high enough so that the compass would stop moving.

I remember having to draw, or print out maps of zones if i wanted to know where I was going.

I remember having to invis up before every druid port so the NPCs at the rings wouldn't slaughter my Iksar Necro.

ohhhh the sense heading hot key - those were the days lol

Remember the fear of being trained by Legionaires in Crushbone?

TRAIN TO ZONE!
    v/r,
    Canard
    Lvl 70 High Elf Cleric

The Nameless (Innoruuk) Server

I do remember all that. And dahm I love PoP and OoW. Those expansions are so ME..

I like the game better under / after PoP then before. Know it raised my pp pool from 3k pp to 1 mill pp

My fondest memories will always be before PoP.

Before PoP, my main was a druid.

Aye, the level 49 res ) I remember when clerics were respected for their ability to give back XP.

I also remember my first res from a cleric when i was running from Kelethin to Butcherblock to hunt at kaladim at level 2 and being killed by a bandit. Well almost killed, he knocked me to the ground and someone saved me at the last second, before the purple was gone from my health bar.

The time I was in NRO and a "uber" necro(level 40ish i think), cast DMF on me and I ran off yelling "dont kill me". The buff icon for DMF then was a skull and crossbones. He was prolly like, WTF.

I remember watching a druid kill a giant in Oasis of Marr and I was in awe.

I remember sitting at the orc lift buffing and healing newbies.

I remember seeing my first dragon(was when the druid was my main), Gorenaire, how pretty. And then her attacking because she doesnt like wolf form.

I remember being in Oasis and given my first guild tag from a Circle Of Virtue officer..

I remember my main hunting grounds being the dreadlands, so I bound at the zone in to KC. One day being at a raid in Kael and I die, get sent back to my bind point(DL/KC zone) and Veltar there waiting for me(someone trained him there) and he killed me quite a few times before i was able to zone into KC.

The greatest fear I can remember in EQ was running from the Firona Vie outpost to LOIO without agroing the spiders or Vekis.

I remember someone giving me 20 plat on my second day in EQ for doing a transfer for him. I was rich. Only to end up falling into the water and drowning, losing it all.

Oasis - Specs/Gobbies to the dock. Yeah right, everyone at the dock was in their teen levels too )

If there are any real new people that come to the game still..It's upsetting to know they will never experience the best years of EQ...

There were no maps in the game you could use?
    Spending weeks in game with guildies helping and calling the guild by phone because the rare epic mob was up (/shudder Ragefire)?
    Actually having to buy a backpack and bandages?
    MGB worked on all in range? no lvl restrictions?
    Droods makin uber pp by porting everyone around?

add Gnome clerics to the penalties for races.... (i think i'm about one of the only gnome clerics on Sol R
    Oman! Lost again!

I remember when I thought I was doing great going to Dervish Cutthroat camps to get level and wearing blackened steal armor. Oh oh and when I got the breast plate from the temple quest.

I was level 12 when someone said do you like playing a cleric? I said actually yes I do. This was ages and ages ago. I never forgot what he did for me back then and is still one of my best friends in and out game.

May Tunare Bless Thee...

awww you look so cute

Ah, the memories....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ...and they, being naughty in thine eyes, shall snuff it...

I remember that robe and when everyone had one of those books. Yes, certainly lots of memories.

May Tunare Bless Thee,

Auroralee Borealis

I also remember saving up my cash so i could buy banded armor at 1 (or was it 2) pp per AC. (And sometimes trying to haggle)

I remember looking all i could at all the super items that were fopr sale in EC tunnel, yet never being asble to afford one.

I remember looking for a magic weapon so I could kill willowwisps (with my paladin)

Tyaia said in post #19 :
    When Mistmoore and Unrest used to be THE place to raid in your mid 30's and 40's.

When there actually *were* Mistmoore and Unrest raids .....

Seeing the Megadon in Lake Rathe, then having him eat me.
    Conthen Deathbane
    59 Cleric of Rodcet Nife
    Xev
    my old and busted (not new hotness)