Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pure Blood Spell - Walkthrough

book Pure Blood Spell - Walkthrough

Spell: Pure Blood

Starts in: Gulf of Gunthak
    Talk to: Grennik Neltrin
    +1600 -60

You say, 'Hail, Grennik Neltrin'

Grennik Neltrin says 'Hello. Have you been exploring the island? I came here to discover the secrets of the Broken Skull trolls but I have yet to even explore the island. Rumors that their high priest Nadox held the power to cure any disease have been drifting around Norrath for some time. I've come to see if the rumors are true. Unfortunately the island is much more dangerous than I had imagined and I haven't found anything useful. If you find anything having to do with the troll High Priest, please bring it to me.'

Quest Items Needed:

A Black Potion
    Pure Blood
    A Glowing Black Potion

Combine a Blackened Vial, Broken Skull Clan Blood and Gunthak Gulf Water in a brew barrel to make a Black Potion.

Combine the Black Potion with some Pure Blood in a brew barrel to make a Glowing Black Potion.

Hand the potion to Grennik Neltrin to receive the Spell: Pure Blood.

You gain experience!!

---------------------------------------------------------------

How to make or find the Quest items needed:
    1. A Black Potion
    1. Crafted by players with a brewing skill of 71.
      EQtraders Recipe

Ingredients to make A Black Potion:

A. Gunthak Gulf Water - can be Foraged or Dropped

This item is found on creatures in:
      Gulf of Gunthak from

An Ogre Pillager

B. Broken Skull Clan Blood -Dropped only

Crypt of Nadox from

A Furious Blackhand
      A Vehement Blackhand

C. A Blackened Vial -can be Foraged or Dropped

Crypt of Nadox from

A Broken Skull Adherent
      A Broken Skull Initiate

2. Pure Blood
      Dropped by creatures in:
      Crypt of Nadox

Where to find Pure Blood:

A. Crypt of Nadox from

A Luggald Abomination
      A Luggald Initiate

B. Torgiran Mines from

A Broken Skull Bloodguard
      A Luggald Abomination

3. A Glowing Black Potion
      Crafted by players with a brewing skill of 0.
      EQtraders Recipe

Ingredients to make A Glowing Black Potion:

A. A Black Potion

*See 1

B. Pure Blood

*See 2

---------------------------------------------------------------

This is not completely my walkthrough, it's a combination of, a couple different walkthrough's along with resources I used and links from various sites to help you locate the different zones and mobs. I hope it's not to confusing. If it is let me know and I will try to make it easier to understand. If you see any corrections I need to make let me know. I hope it helps!

Im going to be adding some screenshots as I get them edited.

Also please add comments and suggestions if you have done this spell quest and/or are in the middle of the quest.
    Last edited by Agmyleez; 01-04-2004 at 03:34 PM.

Default Re: Pure Blood Spell - Walkthrough

Any tips on soloing for the Pure Blood component? I haven't tried yet, but I figure I should be able to do it.

Arggggg
    Combine a Blackened Vial, Broken Skull Clan Blood and Gunthak Gulf Water in a brew barrel to make a Black Potion
    My Cleric has the "Pure Blood" for this spell and the Broken Skull Clan Blood, I think.
    my Shaman has the Blackened Vial and the Gunthak Gulf Water.

hehe looks like I'll be camping in LoY this weekend.

Ok.. Bought the sticky option to sticky this thread.. now cant figure out how to use it. .. couldnt find an icon beating it's head against a wall, so I will just have to do it IRL.

EDIT: Soon as I posted this, I found the sticky option.. still thinking about beating my head against a wall...

Edit: Finished the quest last night.

The mobs are all pretty easy to get to.

Gunthak Gulf Water: drops from the piratical mobs around the fort in Gunthak. Mix of mob classes, including SKs that HT. All green to 65.

Broken Skull clan blood: drops from furious and vehement blackhands in Nadox. At the lava river entrance from Gunthak, invis past the elementals and swim the river until you see the bridge, then climb up the wall on the right hand (east) side of the river. On the south wall of this area is a doorway to a room full of blackhands. Drop rate of the blood is fairly low (bleah). Easy to split the room with pacify and just go around and around. Straight melee mobs, all light blue to 65.

A blackened vial: drops from Broken Skull adherents and initiates. There's a room full of them, south of the room full of blackhands. The hallway between the two rooms has one wanderer to watch out for but it's otherwise a safe pull spot. Drop rate of the vial is good. Easy to split the room with pacify. They all seem to be shamans (not sure, I didn't have to kill many to get the vial, but the ones I killed were all shamans), they will heal themselves and will attempt to gate, so keep them stunned/interrupted/pushed at low health. All dark blue to 65.

Pure Blood: drops from Luggald abominations and initiates. Go back to the bridge and cross it over to the west side of the lava river. Directly west is a room with luggalds, and north of this room is another room of them. I'm not sure what class these are because I was there with a bard who kited them (so I think they must be straight melee). Drop rate is annoyingly variable; you can go hours without seeing a blood, then get half a dozen on the next 6 mobs. Mix of light and dark blue to 65.

The combines are no-fail, and there's a brew barrel right outside the building where the turn-in NPC lives.

Turn-in got me 19% AAXP at 65.
    Last edited by a_gnome_01; 02-28-2004 at 01:10 PM.
    Binkin Anklebane, Exemplar of Bristlebane
    click epic + CH + Virt = less mana than keeping you alive

Get this spell!! Get it Get it Get it!!!

I already had the Pure Blood Component from my time in Nadox killing Luggards for the Signit of Grist (sp?) Ring. I duo'd with another 65 Cleric from my guild and we went off killing things in Gulf of Guntak and Nadox for the rest of the pieces. All the pieces dropped with in 20 minutes of each other with several rotting!

I hunt in CoD alot so my sister can collect Tainted Essences for Pottery, so this spell kicks bottom when curing all the dots! I can't wait to try it in an Ldon!
    ~*Exarch Elandra Demarius*~
    Healer of House Demarius
    Elvanya Moonleaf

Terris-Thule

I have been trying for the Water and it SUCKS to get. I have been there with a bard and wizard and we AE'd the place for a while and still never got it so I gave up. Been going back lately to PL my necro there, still no water! This quest bites!!
    Lord Alcanian
    Epic Archon of Brell Serilis
    Lumiere Divine

The best drop rate for the water is off the pirate mobs around the fort, marauders and pillagers and plunderers of various races. The fort area is in a big cavern, the first left off the tunnel up from the beach. Have you tried there?

That is where I kill is around the fort. Go up beach, into tunnel, and left into that first tunnel and into the fort area to the left where there is no agro. I have pulled with a bard entire area and ae'd everything and nothing. Then I have been xp'ing there with my necro and cleric and still nothing.
    Lord Alcanian
    Lumiere Divine

Ouch. The RNG must hate you. Just keep at it -- you'll get it eventually. Meanwhile, go hunt up the other drops in Nadox.

I can't tell you how much this spell rocks. Cures slow, tash, poison and disease, all in one, and it's also an upgrade to our best disease cure. No more forgetting that poison cures tash and disease cures slow and memming the wrong spell, just use Pure Blood and don't worry about it. ;D

Ohhh, cures slow and tash.....time to go find the drops!

Well I went into Nadox with my ranger, cleric, and my GF's druid. Got all the parts from there except the Pure Blood. I tried in Torgiran too, no luck. I'll have to try again in a couple days. I did get the Icewind spell done for my ranger though...

Good info here, thanks!

Pure blood is a nicety for a raid cleric IMO but not a need. I have gone through Time without it and am going to work on it, but haven't had a 'need' for it so far. Though some of those nasty dot's in LDON would be nice to cure and a few others. Thanks for the walk through
    Lord Alcanian
    Lumiere Divine

I'd forgotten about this quest. Is it a relatively quick quest to do or is there a horrid camp involved?
    Full fathom five thy father lies
    Of his bones are coral made...

Aspenelder ~ 66 Cleric of Prexus
    Officer of Dark Tranquility

SubRock said in post #14 :
    I'd forgotten about this quest. Is it a relatively quick quest to do or is there a horrid camp involved?
    It didn't take me long (two evenings), but others are having trouble with it. Your mileage may vary. *shrug*