Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pure Blood Spell - Walkthrough

Default Re: Pure Blood Spell - Walkthrough

Are all of the drops "no drop"? Can any of them be bought off of a vendor? I went to Nadox when I was level 51 with a couple of higher level guildies and killed the adherents, initiates, furious and vehements for about 3 hours without the first drop of anything.

We did happen to find a very safe spot to pull to. If you enter the room with the furious and vehements and either invis past them or fight your way through them and down the hall, you'll come up on the adherents and initiates. Fight or invis past them to the other side of the room. You'll see another hallway that is perpendicular to the one that you just came down. Turn right and run to the end. It's a dirt type area with no mobs in it. The 3 of us got there and pulled the entire time. We were also able to pull a mixture of the mobs in that area (all four of the ones that have the drops). I marked it on my map for future reference.

I hope to go back soon as this is one of the spells that I foresee being worth the quest time for.

All parts are no drop, so unfortuantly you won't find any on a vendor!!

And since they are combined, they are not MQ'able either.
    ~*Exarch Elandra Demarius*~
    Healer of House Demarius
    Elvanya Moonleaf

Terris-Thule

Finished this up over the weekend, wanted to say thanks to all those who posted info, Binkin especially as I used your info step by step. Solo'd the entire thing at 65
    67 Cleric
    Co-Leader
    League of Levity
    The Rathe
    My Gear

lamp Re: Pure Blood Spell - Walkthrough

Thanks for the Links, Agmyleez. I had found an item called a blackened vial of blood off the vehement blackhands and was confused if the blackened vial was short hand for what I had found. Those links got me back on the right page though. So far I have found 2 out of the 4 drops. Can't wait to get it.

Trinval Soulwarder
    Officer of The Gnome Coalition
    52nd level Dwarf Cleric
    Last edited by Trinval; 06-01-2004 at 09:55 PM.

Finnally got this spell. I got the water, the vial, and the pure blood no problem. I spent a few days on the Clan Blood though. Cleared out TONS of blackhands and nothing. Then finnally I went there yesterday and got it on the first kill. After that it seemd to drop like candy... go figure...
    Dahc Rameg
    Worshiper of Innoruuk
    Level 56 Templar

Magelo

I have never had any problems getting the components from Nadox. We entered at the lava river enrance and killed the mobs in all the tunnels that meet at the bridge area.

My problem whenever I did this quest was the vial of gulf water. Even camping it at the fort can take hours upon hours if you try to solo it with a cleric.

I get really impatient when I have to camp masses of trashmobs. Therefore a friend, another cleric, joined me. Together it gets really fast - two clerics of sufficient level can pb-ae the mobs at the fort.

hmmmm I had forgotten about this one too.. I think I will have to do this with some of my guildies who seem to be frequenting that area as of late.

is this spell a no drop? or can you buy it in bazaar?

all LoY quest spells are no drop

all the components for the spell are no drop

(I -think- they made all the combines No Fail, but you still need to use the brew barrel)

The Gulf Water is VERY random to come by. I got it in less than 2 hours of hunting the little huts around the fort, other people have been there for days and not seen it. (Druids get to FORAGE the stuff, grumble.)

It's a nice spell, but it's not essential to have at 51, and most of the mobs in Nadox that drop components would be a little tough at 51. (I just dinged! to 51 today and I'm pretty sure I'm not going after it till 55, when I get a little more flowing thought and some better equipment and spells, and my Beastlord partner/real life wife can tank even better.)

I just finished this quest as well.

I dragged a 54 DRU guildie with me and made him get the spell too . Well, my DRU friend foraged the Water within 5 minutes of being in the zone. Hmm NOT FAIR, LOL

-So into Gunthark we go, run thru the tunnel into the fort area were we Duo'd the huts for probably an hour or so til I got my water off of a Gnome marauder.

-Off to Nadox we go, we head into the Blackhand room to the south of the safe spot, and proceed to DoT rot them 1 at a time. It was pretty time consuming, but we were doing ok. We then found a bored 54 Pally who wanted to do some killing so in he came, and the room went down pretty quick a couple times, we got bored so we had races killing them (Me and pally melee/nuking one, while DRU firend was Dot rotting one away, me and pally kept losing )

-We logged out for the night, and went back the next night to finish this off. Met a 70 Shammy working on the Blood of Nadox quest(same quest different Spell) who went in and destroyed the luggeld area and left 2 Pure Bloods for me and my guildie, w00t, only one more piece.

-We met up with a 54 Warrior who brought a 70 Necro with her, needless to say the adherants and initates were made quick work off to get the last part of the combines.

Spell quest done, 2 nights, a lot of AA XP and some good fun. Spell works great, I will use it a lot with one of my guildies, he likes to open barrells, and chests in LDoN

-Overall, great quest, and a very useful spell
    68 High Elven Cleric
    < Guardian Fellowship >

You know what this means Kim, time for you and Zylus to help me with the quest ^.^
    Mistress Quenthel Arman'Daethre
    Fire Knives Guild Leader
    57 Dark Elf Templar of Innorruk
    Bertoxxulous (Thoxule Paells)
    View my Magelo profile here!

yeah I know, Zylus needs the spell too so you 2 can grab a melee class and go to town, hehe

I may do it again just for the amazing AA XP

Let me know when the 2 of you wanna go do it.

-Kimo
    68 High Elven Cleric
    < Guardian Fellowship >

Oh I will. You're durned right you'll do it again =P
    Mistress Quenthel Arman'Daethre
    Fire Knives Guild Leader
    57 Dark Elf Templar of Innorruk
    Bertoxxulous (Thoxule Paells)
    View my Magelo profile here!

I did this quest at lvl 50 with a 68 BST, 70 MAG and 70 ENC - we knocked this quest out in about 2 hours - and I must say, it's WELL worth it! Use the guide posted above by Amy - and do a little research on Alla beforhand to see where the specific mobs are. I also did an OOC in zone requesting the water and someone sent me a tell when they saw it drop. the combines are no fail and the brewer is right outside of the turn in NPC.

With the current XP bonus zone (gulf of gunthak is a hot zone right now) on the top of the XP for the quest I dinged an entire level! No Joke! I watched the xp bar move what appeared to be very little at the turn in and thought, well, now I have to ding 51 to mem and use it - then I realized WHOA I was 51! I have impressed more than one friend in game by removing some yucky stuff casted on them!

Please, do this quest - you'll be glad you did and the spell does great things! enjoy!

Panaceia
    The Kindred
    Drinal Server

Hiya, I just wanted to thank Agmyleez for his help in getting my spell. Got it yesterday afternoon in a short time period. The only hang up I had, was when my BST I was two boxing accidentally looted one of the NO DROP items... BAD Kitty!!!!! BAD!!! Anyway, I figured that out once I got back to camp to do the combines. Oh well, ran back and got the drop on the second kill, <whew>, did the combines, turned the stuff in & got me my new spell!

Thanks again for the write up. It was very helpful.