Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Epic Walkthrough (combined)

Default Re: Epic Walkthrough (combined)

Well, I wish I'd read this thread earlier...
    Went in to Sol B tonight with a 65 Shammy, I'm level 64 (neither of us had been in there before) to see if we could get to the spawn point, we could, without any problems. Followed the map and the instructions on the loc....thought it odd that the place looked right but the loc wasn't quite right. Had I known for sure it was, I woulda camped there. Oh well, nice to hear the turn in won't aggro the King and his pals. The Fire Giants on the bridge were a bit of a pain for us, but not too much to handle, had the other 3 inside aggro'ed however it would've been messy for just the 2 of us. Everything else is done, shards included, so I'll camp there in the morning

Luuki, 64 Cleric, on the Tarew Marr server

Cleric Epic: Water Sprinkler of Nem Ankh

[ ] Orb of Frozen Water

( ) Kill Lord Bergurgle (Lake Rathetear) ß second level of the underwater tower ß (2800, 150)
    --> Lvl 40; Complete Heals himself; rare spawn on a 28 minute timer; loot Lord Bergurgle’s Crown
    ( ) Give crown to Shmendrik Lavawalker (3600, 0)
    --> Lvl 30; spawns Natasha Whitewater
    ( ) Natasha Whitewater will kill Shmendrik and a spirit of flame will spawn. Kill the spirit of flame
    --> Spirit of Flame is lvl 40; approx. 3300 HP; Natasha will try to kill spirit too... DONT LET HER!!; loot Damaged Goblin Crown
    ( )Give Natahsha the Damaged Goblin Crown
    -->Natasha will give you an Ornate Sea Shell
    ( )Give the Ornate Sea Shell to Omat Vastsea (Timorous Deep)
    --> Go through the underwater cave entrance (-11530, -3720); take hallway (-11336, -1307); Omat is by a hut (-11567, -2227); Omat will give you a Coral Statue of Tarew
    ( ) Give your Coral Statue of Tarew to a seeker (326, 38, 29) in the Temple of Solusek Ro
    -->He is on the second floor; spawns 9AM and despawns 9PM game time; loot his Blood Soaked Plasmatic Robe
    ( ) Kill the Plasmatic Priest
    (When you give it to him, he will take it and change into a Plasmatic Priest and start attacking you. He hits in the high hundreds ( put up Divine Barrier as soon as you give the statue to him!!!) and has 3000-3500 HP. He is level 55, cast complete heal, tremor ,annul magic, and reckoning. My advice is to have your chanter have him under a complete stun lock so that he cannot aggro the other priests...still it may happen...have lots of DPS to deal with this.)
    ( ) Kill Lord Grimblox (Solusek A) --> throne room --> roughly (-800, -340)
    --> Lvl 30; rare spawn on 19 minute spawn time; Large Fire Goblin or Fire Goblin Shaman are his placeholders; loot his Lord Grimblox's Signet Ring
    ( ) Give the Blood Soaked Plasmatic Robe to Omat Vastsea
    --> he will give you an Orb of Frozen Water; Natasha Whitewater will spawn in a house close to where Omat is
    ( ) Give Natasha the Lord Grimblox's Signet Ring
    --> She will give you a second Ornate Sea Shell
    ( ) Give the second Ornate Sea Shell to Naxot Deepwater (Burning Woods)
    --> Spawns 6PM, game time, and despawns 6AM game time; (3400, -2150); he will give you a Message to Natasha
    ( ) Kill Ixiblat Fir (Burning Woods)
    --> Lvl 62 Fire Elemental; 32K HP; casts fire based spells (immune to fire elementals); use cold based spells against him; root him when he is low in health (snare will work to; loot a Sceptre of Ixiblat Fir (drops every time)
    ( ) Kill Overking Bathezid Di'Zok (Chardok)
    --> Lvl 63 sarnak; fight him in the hallway but make sure he doesnt gate; loot a Singed Scroll (drops every time)
    ( ) Give the Singed Scroll and the Sceptre of Ixiblat Fir to Omat Vastsea
    --> he will give you an Orb of Clear Water; Natasha will spawn again
    ( ) Give Natasha the Message to Natasha
    --> she will give you a Shimmering Pearl
    ( ) Give Zordak Ragefire the Shimmering Pearl
    --> he is NOT in Lord Nagafen's lair!!!; he spawns just off of the first ramp outside of the Fire Giant's Castle (-1379, 351); he will despawn and give you a Swirling Pearl and Zordak's Box of Bindings
    (Once inside of Solusek B, head to the Fire Giant Castle, you come to the "front gate" of the castle, where you go over a small bridge that is over a lava river. If you look over the side of the bridge to your right as you are facing the castle you will see a ledge. Either jump or levitate down to the ledge. Pinned on the wall of the castle, at that ledge, is a flag. Ragefire spawns under the flag, on the ledge.)
    ( ) Go to Warder Cecilia (Skyfire Mountains)
    --> (3000, -3200); hail her
    (Warder Cecilia says: 'Greetings, you have made excellent time. We received word that Zordak was gathering his power here, and we still have little knowledge of his true intentions. Scattered throughout these mountains there are small Pearlescent Shards, binding four of these shards together within a Box of Bindings should allow me to create a Seal. The Seal, when fused with a Swirling Pearl inside Zordak's Heart should allow our seers to divine his true intentions, even after he has been slain. Once you have the seal I will release Zordak, make haste I will not be able to hold him for long.' ) (italicized words done by myself)
    ( ) Kill random mobs in the Skyfire Mountains
    --> drop rate is about 1%; they fall off of any mob; collect four and combine them in the Box of Bindings which will give you an assembled pearlescent shard
    ( ) Give the assembled pearlescent shard to Warder Cecilia
    --> she will hand you a seal; Zordak Ragefire spawns (Skyfire Mountains)
    ( ) Kill Ragefire
    --> Lvl 55; once he dies his dragon form spawns (Zordakilicus Ragefire); dragon is lvl 60; he is MUCH more powerful; he has roughly 65K HP; loot a Impure Heart of Zordak Ragefire
    ( ) Place the Swirling Pearl and the Seal into the Impure Heart of Zordak Ragefire
    --> this combine will give you a Zordak Ragefire's Heart
    ( ) Give the Zordak Ragefire's Heart to Omat (Timorous Deep...again)
    (Omat Vastsea says: 'I see now that Zordak Ragefire and the exiled elder dragon Zordakilicus were the same being. That explains how he resisted our attempts to divine his affairs and past. Each of these orbs I have granted you represents one of the Triumvirate. Jhassad Oceanson awaits on the shore below to perform the ritual that will merge the orbs into a single Orb of the Triumvirate and summon an avatar from the Plane of Water. Present the Orb of the Triumvirate to the Avatar of Water when it arrives and allow your destiny to be unravled.') (bold, italicized, and underlined words done by myself)
    --> receive the Orb of Vapor
    ( ) Give Jhassad Oceanson the three orbs: Orb of Frozen Water, Orb of Water, and Orb of Vapor
    --> receive the Orb of the Triumvirate; the Avatar of Water will spawn
    (The Avatar of Water will roam around the shore and finally come to stand next to Jhassad Oceanson. It is advised that you wait for the Avatar of Water to stand next to Jhassad before you give him the Orb of the Triumvirate because you will not get the (obviously large) experience bonus if he is not next to Jhassad.)
    ( ) Give the Orb of the Triumvirate to Avatar of Water
    --> he will give you an experience bonus and the Water Sprinkler of Nem Ankh

The effect on the Water Sprinkler of Nem Ankh is a mana-free 96% rez (must equip and right click to use effect)

Table of Mobs
    Name , Zone, Type, Lvl, Number of People needed to kill
    Lord Bergurgle, Lake Rathetear, Spawn, 40, Duo/Group
    Spirit of Flame, Lake Rathetear, Trigger, 40, Duo (Chanter is desirable for Natasha)
    Plasmatic Priest, Temple of Sol Ro, Trigger, 55, Group/2 Groups (lots of DPS)
    Lord Grimblox, Solusek A, Spawn, 30, Solo/Duo
    Ixiblat Fir, Burning Woods, Trigger, 62, Raid
    Overking Bathezid, Chardok, Spawn, 65, Raid
    Skyfire Mobs, Skyfire Mountains, Spawns, 40-60, Duo/Group
    Zordak Ragefire (Human), Skyfire Mountains, Trigger, 55, Raid
    Zordakilicus Ragefire (dragon), Skyfire Mountains, Trigger, 60, Raid

After about 10 total hours of camping Lord Bergurgle in Lake rathe, I finally kill him and loot his corpse. Exstatic from my long awaited victory, I gate out of Lake rathe to POK and proceed to open my inventory to link the prize to my guildies and celebrate. While wandering through my pouches , I find nothing, no crown, no prize! It seems I caught a bug during my port to POk and all my efforts had been in vane. Sadly, I turn around and head back to Lake rathe to try again.

I started it last night at lv 53 and there where 3 mobs in the tower after trying to solo them i had to gate out due to allmost dieing. can back with some help to find a druid camping spot thought i was done but it seem the druid epic is there too so we worked together for 2 hours waiting on a pop because there was no mobs there i waited for 4 hours and nothing even camped there and came back at 3am still no mob. got my druid port us to pok for some rebuffs and logged came back 3 hours later still no mobs . is this normall or is it bugged i keep reading there a 28 min respawn but the druid that was camping it after i came back with help said there was no pos up when he got there. well i am going on a vaction for 10 days and hope i can started it when i get back
    lv 52 and learning more every day

Don't know if this has been mentioned before or not, wen't pretty much blind trying to read all the single paragraph posts above...

Once you turn in the Orb of the Triumverate you do NOT have to wait for the Avatar of Water to walk by.

He spawns IN the little lake there, waits a bit and then walks up unto the beach. So after you click give hop in the lake, look around and you will see him standing in the water. (VERY easy to spot the water elemental.) So you can give the orb over while the Avatar is standing still if you don't wait for him to come to you.

Worked for me today 6/18/05 (actually I almost missed him, he started to move just as I handed it over, because I didn't know ahead of time and the guys I was with said "why are you waiting, he's in the lake" ...)

The spawn time for Naxot Deepwater in BW has been updated on Alla.
    Spawn: 1pm Despawn: 1am gametime

Tam's Stuff
    Lv 79 Cleric - Veeshan's Fury

Something is still a bit buggy about the Naxot Deepwater spawn in BW... But it did spawn and my guild group took down Ixblat quickly. next up... off to Chardok for Overking Bathzeid. (in the meantime, i'm getting my shards).

Tam's Stuff

Got in a pickup royals raid into Chardok over the weekend and took down the Prince and the Overking and got his drop (Queen room thumped us soundly), so i'm 2/3 of the way there... Ragefire is all that's left. I have my shards, so i'm off to Naggy's Lair to see merchant Zordak. Hopefully I'll finish soon, I want to get back to the Planes...

Tam's Stuff

Tamoro said in post #36 :
    The spawn time for Naxot Deepwater in BW has been updated on Alla.
    Spawn: 1pm Despawn: 1am gametime
    Tamoro said in post #37 :
    Something is still a bit buggy about the Naxot Deepwater spawn in BW... But it did spawn and my guild group took down Ixblat quickly. next up... off to Chardok for Overking Bathzeid. (in the meantime, i'm getting my shards).
    Did Ixiblat the other day for a cleric in our guild. Naxot spawned at 6pm, just like it says in the first post here.
    Kazpin Cleric [lvl: 75] [AA: 256] [GLAA: 29]
    Endiment Warrior [lvl: 75] [AA: 59]
    Kazn Enchanter [lvl: 59] [AA: 0]
    Shuugo Rogue [lvl: 75] [AA: 62] [Make Posion: 300 +12%]

One quick answer and two comments. Ragfire in Sol B is on a 24 hour timer from the last turn-in. So if you are the second Cleric in a 24-hour period to do your turn-in, sit and wait. Also, the Avatar of Water ran around the island for like 4 mins before coming back to the beach, but he did and I did turn-in with no problems. Lastly, not sure when it changed but I figure most people must know this by, however, if you hail Warder in SF she now gives you the binding box without having to do the turn-in to Ragefire in Sol B. Hope this helps somebody.

Therius said in post #40 :
    Lastly, not sure when it changed but I figure most people must know this by, however, if you hail Warder in SF she now gives you the binding box without having to do the turn-in to Ragefire in Sol B. Hope this helps somebody.
    This little tidbit of info would have come in handy... only found it out when I hailed Warder Cecilia in SF in preparation for fight against Rage. Would have saved me some waiting time.

Tam's Stuff

who gives this quest? just wondering who starts the quest and how did the first person know it was the cleric epic? would like to really take this quest into the roleplaying style of the game instead of the shortened walkthrough hehe, sounds crazy huh? just wanna know how it begins =)
    http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1109536 (70 dwarf paladin)
    http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1247779 (70 dwarf cleric)

I think Shmendrik says something about wanting something from burgurgle and maybe something about the whole preisthood thing. I don't recall what Omat says before you do anything though, he might have a clue for it too.

yeah i was looking at it on alla's and it said it begins in lake rathe etc etc, i dunno, it just seems like the paladin was a better class challange as far as an epic quest, what i mean is it follows a specific class quest that epidimizes what a paladin is and their purpose in the world of norrath, i guess i'm just rambling hehe, thanks for the reply though friend =)
    http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1109536 (70 dwarf paladin)
    http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1247779 (70 dwarf cleric)

For all the 1.0's, the cleric epic is still by far the most useful. Really can't beat the clicky rez.

Tam's Stuff