View Poll Results: Do you ride a mount?

Voters
193. You may not vote on this poll
  • I ride a Drogmar.

71 36.79%
  • I ride a Horse.

90 46.63%
  • No I don't own one and never will. (explain why by replying)

9 4.66%
  • I am saving up for a mount.

23 11.92%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you ride a mount?

Default Do you ride a mount?

So, the question is, do you own and use a mount (Drogmar or Horse)?

Default Re: Do you ride a mount?

A red lizard I call Brutus
    Voelfgar Fireforge
    Last People of the Dragon
    63rd Bartender of Brell
    The Rathe

Guild Rep to The Rathe Travel Agency

Nope. I didn't with old Cyolos, and I am not gonig to now. I think horsies are a waste of time. Lizzies too. Mounts suck. With my J-Boots, I used to be able to go 1/4 the speed they could! Logic people!
    Cyolos Beyblade, Holy Hunter of Evil, and a Blessed Healer of Brell

I use my lizzy for meding without arggo. comes in handy and well worth the pp.

I bought the small black drum. I do miss it (some) while doing adventures, but not a whole lot. I love it in PoI, PoJ, PoN, etc.
    ...and they, being naughty in thine eyes, shall snuff it...

I have the ornate chain bridle from the Emp. I am still waiting for him to tell me his name.
    Dulcinea

Archon of the Prexus Server
    Proud Officer of Shining Alliance

Charcoal is my black leezard, but he is a bit fat and lazy (probably from eating all my MTPs and drinking my QATs) So, he is a bit on the slow side, and is used only for medding. Eventually tho when I get more plat, I will possibly trade him in for a trimmer, faster model.
    Keryssa Cryptkicker
    the Hottie DE Cleric
    Vicar of Guardians of Light, Saryrn

A white horse named Dunbrick. He's slow but I wanted a horse it just seemed right, I guess even if he served no other purpose I might talk big but I'd keep him in a pen somewhere.

May Tunare Bless Thee...

Cyolos said in post #3 :
    Nope. I didn't with old Cyolos, and I am not gonig to now. I think horsies are a waste of time. Lizzies too. Mounts suck. With my J-Boots, I used to be able to go 1/4 the speed they could! Logic people!
    It's not a matter of logic. People don't use mounts for the travel part of it as much as they do the ability to sit and meditate without generating agro from sitting. The Drogmar I have is the cheap one and very slow. I never use him to go anywhere except in places like Planes so I dont get smacked around from sitting.

Keep that in mind Cyolos, as you get higher level you will find yourself wanting a mount, I believe.

I have a pony.. he's not big enough to be called a horse. His name is Savior.

I thought alot about which one to buy.. and decided to go with the cheap one, because I melee alot, when I can, and it is easier to do that on foot. Plus I never use him for traveling, except when I am weighing in about 4-500 stones from smithing supplies. You can still move when you do that, and you wont take hundreds of hp damage stepping down a step or two.

I have a nice mount If I might say so, considering he is the second most exspensive to buy. I call him spot, hes the brown and white drogmor.

It was a joke Agmy....but anyways, you are making a ton of sense. I think you might have persuaded me...
    Cyolos Beyblade, Holy Hunter of Evil, and a Blessed Healer of Brell

I ride a black horse.. drops off of seru.. runs at lvl 60 selo's speed.. sells to a vendor for more than the most expensive horse costs..
    Fretlon Hor
    65 Cleric of &ltHate&gt
    Sullon Zek server
    My stuff

I dont have one and at this point never will. Although perhaps when Im 65 and have nothing better to spend my money on Ill get one.
    Reason? No point buying one. The vast majority of my play time is spent doing LDoN adventures and you cannot use a mount in them.
    Bodhichitta
    Newbie Cleric
    Bastard servant of Innoruuk

"Mistakes are almost always of a sacred nature. Never try to correct them. On the contrary: rationalize them, understand them thoroughly. After that, it will be possible for you to sublimate them." - Salvador Dali

I ride a horse (chain) I use that beast all the time.. saved up plat for about 3 months to afford him too! And I would do it again if I lost him.