Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smithed things and stuff...

Default How to get cultural.... Cheap!

This thread was born when Maelarr asked for sugestions on possible upgrades. This is limited to races who have smithed armor. To keep things semi neat I've seperated each races recipe.

Dark Elf - Dark Prince Regent Plate Armor

I)Small Plate Armor Mold - price range dirt cheap 3-6ish pp.
    II)Teir`Dal Smithy Hammer - GM smiths already have these.
    III)Leather Padding - FREE! go bash spiders and small furred animals to obtain these.
    IV)Enchanted Adamantite Jointing
    __________A)Neriak Nectar - A few plat will get you numerous stacks of this stuff. ( Couldn't find where this is sold I'd assume Neriak.)
    __________B)Enchanted Admantite Rings
    ____________________1)Neriak Nectar - Vendor Sold dirt cheap.
    ____________________2)Large Brick of Enchanted Adamantite - Sold in your very own home city. I think the price should be about 20ppish per brick. Then have an enchanter do what they do best and enchant these for you. I've never had any problem getting this done for free.
    ____________________3)File - Smiths already have these.
    __________C)Teir'dal Smithy Hammer - Again the smith will already have this.
    __________D)File - Smiths already have these.
    V)Shadow Temper
    __________A)Elf Blood - Kill some elves. I'm sure you'll take guys in draining their bodies of blood.
    __________B)Neriak Nectar - Buy it off a vendor for a few gp.
    __________C)Two Essence of Shadows - Free shadowed men (any zone that has them: EC, Lavastorm, SK ...)
    VI)Imbued Saphire - Somewhat pricey or you could hunt for them. I've seen these drop in places such as Seb or the Plane of Growth.
    VII)Appropriate number of Folded Infused Sheet of Adamantite
    __________A)Folded Sheet of Velium
    ____________________1)Block of Velium - You can find these by the metric ton in Velks.
    ____________________2)Coldain Velium Temper ( these can also be bought ~25pp each)
    ______________________________a)Coldain Heater
    ________________________________________•Water - Buy this off a vendor, ro the truely thrifty can follow around a ranger/druid and pick these Pods of Water up and combine fou of them in a brew barrel.
    ________________________________________•Allspice - Alchemy vendors
    ________________________________________•Brown Algae - Alchemy vendors
    ________________________________________•Shotglass- Brewing vendors or sellers of fine beverages.
    ______________________________b)Celestial Essence
    ________________________________________•Celestial Solvent - Vendor-sold in the bazaar.
    ________________________________________•Spell Research Component - Common drops all over Norrath.
    ____________________3)Smithy Hammer - Smiths already have these.
    __________B)Large Enchanted Brick of Adamantite - Buy the block in your home town and get an enchanter to enchant it.
    __________C)Celestial Temper
    ____________________1)Purified Water
    ______________________________a)Two Water Flasks - Buy this off a vendor, ro the truely thrifty can follow around a ranger/druid and pick these Pods of Water up and combine fou of them in a brew barrel.
    ________________________________________•Celestial
    Solvent - Vendor-sold in the bazaar.
    ________________________________________•Spell Research Component - Common drops all over Norrath.
    ____________________2)Blue Diamond Powder
    ______________________________a)Blue Diamond - These can be found in Seb, Plane of Growth, and in various PoP camps, even tier one+.
    ______________________________b)Jar of Acid - Vendor bought in the bazaar.
    __________D)Teir'dal Smithy Hammer - Smiths already have these.

Dwarf, Gnome, & Halfling - Brelluim Platemail

II)Dwarven Smithy Hammer - GM smiths already have these.
    III)Leather Padding - FREE! go bash spiders and small furred animals to obtain these.
    IV)Enchanted Brellium Jointing
    __________A)Dwarven Ale - A few plat will get you numerous stacks of this stuff. Various sellers of fine beverages throughout Kaladim.
    __________B)Enchanted Brellium Rings
    ____________________1)Dwarven Ale - Vendor Sold dirt cheap.
    ____________________2)Large Brick of Enchanted Brellium - Sold in your very own home city. I think the price should be about 20ppish per brick. Then have an enchanter do what they do best and enchant these for you. I've never had any problem getting this done for free.
    __________C)Dwarven Smithy Hammer - Again the smith will already have this.
    V)Earthen Temper
    __________A)Lava Rock- Drops off of: fire elementals (Lavastorm, Najena, etc.), Fire Giants (Solusek B), wyverns in Skyfire, fire elementals in Twilight Sea.
    __________B)Dwarven Ale - Buy it off a vendor for a few gp.
    __________C)Two Drops of Mercury- Drops off various elementals (Steamfont, Najena, the Hole, etc.), eart elementals in Twilight Sea.
    VI)Imbued Ruby(For Dwarves & Gnomes) & Peridot(For Halfings) - Somewhat pricey or you could hunt for them. I've seen these drop in places such as Seb or the Plane of Growth.
    VII)Appropriate number of Folded Infused Sheet of Brellium
    ____________________1)Block of Velium - You can find these by the metric ton in Velks.
    ____________________2)Coldain velium Temper ( these can also be bought ~25pp each)
    ________________________________________•Water - Buy this off a vendor, ro the truely thrifty can follow around a ranger/druid and pick these Pods of Water up and combine fou of them in a brew barrel.
    ________________________________________•Shotglass- Brewing vendors or sellers of fine beverages.
    ________________________________________•Celestial Solvent - Vendor sold in the bazaar.
    __________B)Large Enchanted Brick of Brellium - Buy the block in your home town and get an enchanter to enchant it.
    ______________________________a)Two Water Flasks - Buy this off a vendor, ro the truely thrifty can follow around a ranger/druid and pick these Pods of Water up and combine fou of them in a brew barrel.
    ______________________________a)Blue Diamond - These can be found in Seb, Plane of Growth, and in various PoP camps, even tier one+.
    __________D)Dwarven Smithy Hammer - Smiths already have these.

High Elves - Blessed Full Mithril Plate Armor

II)Elven Smithy Hammer - GM smiths already have these.
    IV)Enchanted Mithril Jointing
    __________A)Morning Dew - These sadly cann't be bought, rom vendors. These are foraged in Gfay/Lfay, ground spawns in Lfay, and a rare drop off the fairy's in Gfay.
    __________B)Enchanted Mithril Rings
    ____________________1)Morning Dew - These are foraged in Gfay/Lfay, ground spawns in Lfay, and a rare drop off the fairy's in Gfay.
    ____________________2)Large Brick of Enchanted Mithril - Sold in your very own home city. I think the price should be about 20ppish per brick. Then have an enchanter do what they do best and enchant these for you. I've never had any problem getting this done for free.
    __________C)Elven Smithy Hammer - Again the smith will already have this.
    V)Moon Light Temper
    __________A)Morning Dew - These are foraged in Gfay/Lfay, ground spawns in Lfay, and a rare drop off the fairy's in Gfay.
    __________B)Swirling Mist - Found off steam elementals in Steamfont (extremely rare), mist elementals in Najena, "Huge Water Elemental" in LGuk; A Crystalline Cloud and A Gust of Wind on Gorgolosk Island in Plane of Air, Water Elementals in Twilight Sea.
    __________C)Essence of Moonlight - Drops off of many mobs in the castle of Mistmoore (no longer just the vampires), dread wolves in Kithicor Forest
    VI)Imbued Emerald - Cheap as far as gems go.
    VII)Appropriate number of Folded Infused Sheet of Mithril
    ____________________2)Coldain velium Temper ( these can also be bought ~25pp each)
    ________________________________________•Celestial Solvent - Vendor sold in the bazaar.
    __________B)Large Enchanted Brick of Mithril - Buy the block in your home town and get an enchanter to enchant it.
    __________D)Elven Smithy Hammer - Smiths already have these.

Human & Froglok (Mithanial Marr) - Fetid Heraldic Armor (Bertoxxulous), Hateful Heraldic Armor (Innoruuk), Luminant Heraldic Armor (Mithanial Marr), Radient Heraldic Armor (Erollisi Marr), Salubrious Heraldic Armor (Rodcet Nife), & Thunderous Heraldic Armor (Karana)
    *Note the Blocks of ore you buy are Large Bricks of High Quality Ore.

I)Medium Plate Armor Mold - price range dirt cheap 3-6ish pp.
    II)Smithy Hammer - GM smiths already have these.
    IV)Enchanted Chain Jointing
    __________A)Flask of Water - Vendors everywhere.
    __________B)Enchanted Metal Rings
    ____________________1)Flask of Water - Vendors everywhere.
    ____________________2)Large Brick of Enchanted Ore - Sold in your very own home city. I think the price should be about 20ppish per brick. Then have an enchanter do what they do best and enchant these for you. I've never had any problem getting this done for free.
    __________C)Smithy Hammer - Again the smith will already have this.
    V)Royal Temper
    __________A)Rain Water - Drops off of gnolls in South Karana, Lake Rathe, Splitpaw, Highpass Hold, and East Karana.
    __________B)Griffene's Blood - Rare drop off griffenes and griffons in North Karana, as well as timber griffawns and griffons in Jaggedpine Forest. Also reported as dropping off the sphinx on isle 6 (drake isle), Plane of Air.
    __________C)Essence of Sunlight - Found on Sand Giants in South Ro, the Squire in Upper Guk, chromadracs in Skyfire, fairy dragons in Wakening Lands
    VI)Imbued __________
    __________A)Black Sapphire (Bertoxxulous) - Somewhat pricey or you could hunt for them. I've seen these drop in places such as Seb or the Plane of Growth.
    __________B)Rose Quartz (Erollisi Marr) - Cheap off vendors.
    __________C)Sapphire (Innoruuk) - Somewhat pricey or you could hunt for them. I've seen these drop in places such as Seb or the Plane of Growth.
    __________D)Plains Pebble (Karana) - Foraged in the Karana's.
    __________E)Diamond (Mithaniel Marr) - Somewhat pricey or you could hunt for them. I've seen these drop in places such as Seb or the Plane of Growth.
    __________F)Opal (Rodcet Nife) - Cheap off vendors.
    VII)Appropriate number of Folded Infused Sheet of Mithril
    __________B)Large Enchanted Brick of Ore- Buy the block in your home town and get an enchanter to enchant it.
    __________D)Smithy Hammer - Smiths already have these.

Tae Ew Sheild

A)Lizard-Blood Temper
    __________1)Tae Ew Blood - Drops off the lizards in CT, even the entrance mobs drop it.
    __________2)ScaleTemper
    ____________________a)Sarnak Blood - Found on various sarnaks in Kunark
    ____________________b)Froglok Blood - Found off frogloks in Upper Guk, some frogoloks in Kunark
    ____________________c)Iksar Blood - Various iksar, with spellcasting ones seeming more likely to drop it (i.e., iksar necromancers in Sebilis jail); noted zones are Field of Bone, Warsliks Woods, Lake of Ill Omen and Sebilis, also dropping off iksar model mobs in Dulak.
    ____________________d)Bloodwater
    B)Two Sheets of Metal - Smithing Vendors.
    C)Kite Shield Mold - A few pp off a smithing vendor.
    D)Smithy Hammer - Smiths already have these.

There done.

Now we need people to start a list of GM smiths.
    Your submision needs the following: Player Name (of the smith that is), what race they are & what server they're on.

Ayonae Ro:

Dark Elf; Dyschord, Bria
    Dwarf; Dammur, Shortyrez
    High Elf; Angelique

Also on finding a GM smith, ask on your servers message board or check here eqcrafters.guildtools.net
    Last edited by Nyvn; 07-02-2003 at 05:50 AM.

Default Re: Smithed things and stuff...

To reply to this list, as far as Dwarven Cultural goes, if you are going to get armor made for clerics, please do not waste time with the Brellium plate armor, go for UNDERFOOT plate armor for Brell followers ( has wisdom, brellium does not) and MISCHIEVOUS plate armor for Bristlebane followers.

I am Pomedic on the Lanys Tyvl server, hopefully soon to be able to make both of these, if you have further questions on these, go to EQtraders.com, tells ya allya need to know about it. To find someone that can make it, Good luck, i've been trying for a long time, and affordable? nope, its really good high end stuff..... Dwarven Plate is good for brell followers, it is what I am wearing atm (BP is Triv 240, so it gets a bit tough making sometimes) you can pick up Dwarven plate (BP AC30, str 8, sta 10, wis 4 ) in the bazaar on Lanys for about 3k . Good luck in your hunting for armor/items
    http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=737223

i love my mischievous armor. i used to use the legs and arms as well. i could have full SS armor (guild has it for mq) but i rather keep the mischievous bracers and boots that i have, IMO they are better than SS.

Keyera
    105 cleric
    Undivided Faith
    Drinal

Sprinting over the fields, swinging a mighty hammer, cometh Keyera! And she gives a bloodthirsty roar:

"I'm going to bludgeon you into the stuff of nightmares!"

Well all expect the Boots. They have the same stats no matter if you used a ruby or not. This is only limited to the Brelium vs underfoot. Every other culteral armor has diff stats for the imbued and unimbued boots.

only diference i saw from brelium and mischievous was +5 wis on mischievous. well that and the fact you have to be a hafling cleric to wear mischievous ;-)

Keyera
    105 cleric
    Undivided Faith
    Drinal

Sprinting over the fields, swinging a mighty hammer, cometh Keyera! And she gives a bloodthirsty roar:

"I'm going to bludgeon you into the stuff of nightmares!"

There is a slight error in your formula for the High Elven cultural.

Enchanted Mithril jointing
    _____file
    _____morning dew
    _____enchanted mithril ring (Yield: 2)
    __________file
    __________morning dew
    __________enchanted lrg. brick of mithril
    _____Elven smithy hammer

I'm not a smith, but it looks like you'd need an extra morning dew every 2 combines to make this item.

Not trying to be over picky, just trying to keep folks informed, so they don't dump a ton of stuff on a smith and then have to work through a misstatement.
    Moonsorrow Nocturne
    High Elven Cleric of Tunare
    51st Circle
    Guild Member of Anzac
    My Shiny Armor

Also of note...

The reason I chose my second cleric to be Gnome was for Clockwork Armor (and so I can Tinker, eventually).

My Guild Leader has a Gnome Cleric. Unbuffed, almost all her stats are maxed or 200+ with just Clockwork Observer armor and a few augs, earings, etc...nothing an average player can't get (the augs and earings, rings, etc, I mean)

Granted, going that route means you either need to know a GM Tinker or be willing to drop TONS of cash into becoming one, but the results, if you can get it, are quite nice. (In my case, she also has a Gnome Chanter who is a GM Tinker)

Stats aside, the effects on each armor piece are great, as well...and all rechargeable with mana batteries.

"Oh merciful Tunare, even though I have personally rammed a sword into your oversized breast and looted your broken corpse about 3 times this month alone, please grant me the ability to heal faster! I offer you this piece of crap item I looted off an orc I was able to kill blindfolded. I hope you like it."
    Dobbanz on Lanys, discussing the new Tribute System

I love my mischevious, especially since i farmed all the items myself, which took forever to get and had a buddie's dorf smith combine it. Ive passed on other armor as well just for that fact of the hard work put into it.
    Oh btw, you dont have to be halfling to wear mischevious, im gnom'ish =)

Halfling or Gnome for Mischevious .. check magelo to see more .. heh on the Mischv cultural

Kane Bayle:

Dark Elf: Arina, Skeloo
    High Elf: Cold
    Dwarf: Reorx

These are ppl who I know.. We surelly have more heh. Not sure if they making any armor by request ets.. As for myselth... All what I have is on my trader Kandy. I rarelly do something by request, or if I do I just put it on trader and it's your responsibility to buy it befor anyone else find it . Time for making armor can take from 2-3 days up to 1 week depending how buzy I am. Atm playing in GoD not much time for tradeskills .

-==:::{ My Phat Lewts }:::==-

It's a good thing Clerics have magical means of reviving a character.
    Imagine giving mouth to mouth to an ogre.

Moonsorrow said in post #6 :
    There is a slight error in your formula for the High Elven cultural.

Enchanted Mithril jointing
    _____file
    _____morning dew
    _____enchanted mithril ring (Yield: 2)
    __________file
    __________morning dew
    __________enchanted lrg. brick of mithril
    _____Elven smithy hammer

I'm not a smith, but it looks like you'd need an extra morning dew every 2 combines to make this item.

Not trying to be over picky, just trying to keep folks informed, so they don't dump a ton of stuff on a smith and then have to work through a misstatement.
    Actually that's absolutely right. You need 1 morning dew to make enchanted mithril rings and another morning dew to make the jointing. Look for here for corroboration.

I'm working up Sherisse's smithing so she can one day make Dark Prince Regent, but I'm still quite a ways away
    Sherisse - Cleric of Innoruuk
    Jazheira Valorian - Arcanist of Ro

Tholuxe Paells

Hmm, has anyone seen that Livestone stuff?

really want the BP.. 90 hp/90 mana plus good stats
    With this post..I am one post closer to Jarvis's post count!
    The Gnome's Gear

I am currently working on the DE cultural armors. After a recent raid, I have realized that in a raid, resists are probably THE most important aspect of your gear. With your epic in hand and a grimling skin mask, charred guardian shield or tactician's bullwark, a grandmaster's trophy, etc. Maxing wisdom isn't so hard.

The Dark Prince Regent piece that has resists (+5 to each as amatter of fact) is the bracer. This is what I want to smith the most - its 25 AC and +5 sta and wis as well - a nice piece for me and for my fav SK (who is a DE). The other piece have excellent AC and some good to fair stats depending on the piece.

So basically, if you are raiding, given two good pieces of equipment, go with the resists.

-Forzz, 52 DE Cleric <evil legions> Drinal
    "Good abides, evil prevails"

Doohickey said in post #7 :
    Also of note...

The reason I chose my second cleric to be Gnome was for Clockwork Armor (and so I can Tinker, eventually).
    I absolutely agree. If you're a gnome, the only piece of Brell (dwarven) armor I would consider over the clockwork observer are the bracers, and only because the clicky effect on the bracers are useless (silly summoned wrench which sucks compared to our cleric one). Since you can't augment Observer armor, I initially switched my bracers to the Brell ones just to be able to add an augment.

I used to have a full set of armor I made myself, and the stats are wonderful. Every single piece has really decent wisdom. I'm slowly upgrading now with ornate/LDoN Tak armor. However, the last piece I'll do is my breastplate. Why? It's got clicky self invis, and that's frankly too useful to give up.

One caveat, you can't use the clicky effects on the armor until 46 I believe.

Got all of Thingmabob's armor made last night.

I am making a Paladin next (Synnical Bastig is the intended name, but he isn't created yet), so will be doing another set for him. I wasn't going to do a Paladin until I won a really nice Paladin only Hammer in LDoN the other night. Now I am compelled...

Right now I have an Ogre Shaman made for Ogre smithing, but I may decide to make a Dwarf as well as another smith just so I can make Brell armor. Then again, I should probably just look Pomedic up and see where he is on Smithing rather than leveling yet another smith.

"Oh merciful Tunare, even though I have personally rammed a sword into your oversized breast and looted your broken corpse about 3 times this month alone, please grant me the ability to heal faster! I offer you this piece of crap item I looted off an orc I was able to kill blindfolded. I hope you like it."
    Dobbanz on Lanys, discussing the new Tribute System