Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Early days! *rave*

Default Re: The Early days! *rave*

Megz said in post #30 :
    I am from the Kunark days ~ when a dwarven axe was awesome and everybody wanted black alloy...and people said thank you when you helped them./yes
    /eek rotfl!

well i'm from the luclin era so i know nothing about when people said thank you, actually worked for their gear instead of being twinked by their 1337 65 mage, and when people actually roleplayed (i try so hard to roleplay with my group and friends... but alas!)

wow i really hate what this game has turned out to be and i wish i got in when you guys did so i could have experienced the game as it was ment to be. Infact, if i didnt love Battering (still wearing his Newbie cheastplate thank you) so very very very much, i would have quite months ago. /sigh

thats why i'm goin to eq2... to get in when things are new so i can tell horror stories about running across Oasis, or trying to get to Unrest only to realize that youre on the wrong side of the world =-) or seeing my fist UBER player with a last name /yes

sorry that was off topic....

peace from france =-)

Who remembers :

* when monk feign death cleared aggro 100%
    * when /consent let you loot another players equipment
    * when shouts of "Spec to docks!" made you shiver with fear
    * waiting in line at high pass for an orc group

I miss the days of traveling 4 or 5 zones away from my bind point and being scared of death thinking of the ugly corpse run I'd have to do if I died. These days there's no fear in the game, no nervous anticipation...thats probably what i miss most.

/me rocks back and forth in his rockingchair on the front porch..

Yes.. I remember those days.. thinking I was Ubber after gaining a Combine Longsword from the gypsies in the Oasis... being scared out of my socks going into Oasis and seeing all the bodies by the docks.. When East Commons or Kelethin was where ALL trade took place..

/me shrugs

Try handing a Combine Weapon to a <lv10 player now..

/me grows quiet and stares off into the distance.. old mind wandering back to the "good-ole-days"

Aye Medica.. I remember.. /yes

I remember these things Medica. I remember my druid buddy saving up for a good long time for a Combine. I remember handing mage summoned weapons out so we could kill wisps. They were better than what we had. I loved the 2hb with Flare. Flare was THE mage spell for me.

Top weapons: BABS, BBC, Langseax swords, Thulian Claws (the 500pp 1/4 ratio weapon. But you could be Wolverine.), the uber-proccing Polished Granite Tomahawk, Runed totem staff, and believe it kids: Monk fists.

/em takes a swig of Brells Best

I remember my first RAID.. it was 2 groups of lvl 18-20's. We took that scary barge out of Oasis to Timorous Deep. Set up camp WELL away from the ogres. Then we started the dangerous task of sweeping out the ogres from the town. We looted Fine Steel weapons, some of which were Upgrades for people in the group. We had our first encounter with a mob capable of Harm Touch(Ugar(?) the raider).. ate the MT down like nothing.When we pulled Oowomp finally.. oh man, the uber lootz we got from him! First pull was a Batskull Earring. Man.. the dice were rolling like there was no tomorrow.....

What about the stability of EQ in the early days? I was never around, but I've heard at least during the release of SoL there were some major problems.

When I first started playing I usually never had sound. Not until they upgraded the sound engine for PoP. I guess I was just used to not having sound because I don't know how I played like that now. Let alone how I was still enticed to continue playing which I don't understand. I guess the game is that good.

i still rarely have sound up... as i play at night, when family is sleeping. plus, my computer desk is in the living room, so don't want to drown out the tv ;-)

Keyera
    105 cleric
    Undivided Faith
    Drinal

Sprinting over the fields, swinging a mighty hammer, cometh Keyera! And she gives a bloodthirsty roar:

"I'm going to bludgeon you into the stuff of nightmares!"

Keyera said in post #37 :
    i still rarely have sound up... as i play at night, when family is sleeping. plus, my computer desk is in the living room, so don't want to drown out the tv ;-)
    That sounds very peaceful Keyera

How about when the Bone Bladed Claymore was THE money maker (so camped they made it lore).
    Or the 3 day waiting list to camp the mob in Najena that dropped the J Boots.
    Or seeing that UBER 34 warrior in FULL BRONZE!!

Man, I'm feeling old...

Who remembers :

* when monk feign death cleared aggro 100%
    * when /consent let you loot another players equipment
    * when shouts of "Spec to docks!" made you shiver with fear
    * waiting in line at high pass for an orc group

*Lines of people in Najena to camp J-Boots (I still carry mine from those camps)

*Raids in Mistmoore Castle (Or, for those who go very very far back..Mayong Mistmoore, himself )

*Actual raids for Rubicite armor in CT, and more importantly, training the Avatar of Fear to the zone in (though there was also a bug that would make him warp to the zone line~)

*RealGM events

*Raids for Golden Efreeti Boots (Yes, people did actually raid for them)

*Whitened Treant Fists (When they still had CH on them)

*Sitting on docks for what seemed an eternity, waiting on a boat ride

*The day Kithicor became deadly~

*Red Dragonscale BP's were actually "uber"

*Lustrous Russet Armor

*Raids for Golden Efreeti Boots (Yes, people did actually raid for them)
    I was on a raid for GEBs

2 groups, I was a druid at the time. I remember how rough it was clearing the imp protectors out just to get TO the Efreeti room. "We have to move fast, they spawn super quick!!".

I actually won the second pair of boots that dropped I remember being so happy that I jumped out of my chair. It was about 4am EST ...

Man those were the days.

Remember when you could actually buff guards? As a Necro, I was getting chased a lot because people would cast See Invis on guards in towns I was KOS in and was just trying to pass through. While it was frustrating while running for my life, it was still hilarious!

I remember way back when as well.

I first started a druid back then. I would walk around.
    for hours on end looking at all the other druids and monks that
    looked exactly like me. It drove me crazy. i went everywhere.
    Searching, trying to find something that made me look different.
    I got wolf form on my druid.. and i swear i was always in it..
    I remember being chase by the captain thats on top of the tower over the
    bridge to South Karana's. captain linarus i think.. I remember watching
    necro's kill the two guards at that bridge. I remember camping the
    ogres.. haha.. chief goonda i think.. in West Karanas =) omg that
    was the funnest in the world.. you actually had to get a group to camp it..
    i remember when banded was sold by this cleric named Tardis. He was
    like a super banded maker.. he was THEE man to goto for your banded =)

I remember seeing my first warrior Barbarian Morgenn in West Karanas.
    He had a cool mystical armor called "rubicite".....

I remember going on my first naggy raid.. naggy ran up and stuck his head through the
    door and killed us all faster than anything i'd ever seen.. i bound in naggy's lair and my
    first druid rested there for the rest of time because i was always in a chain death when i
    logged in.. =)

I remember the first time i went to Everfrost and met a dwarf cleric. We decided to go
    exploring and found miragul's cave under the ice.. it was the most creepy and frightening
    thing i'd have to say i ever did in eq was explore that tunnel on a human cleric =)

I remember heading to permafrost and leveling for hours on end with that dwarf cleric....
    We never finished that exp raid.. because i died and my corpse got stuck in a wall.. i was
    so frusterated i quit eq =) ..

I'll tell you more later.. i am thinking so much about all the people i knew back then.. i miss
    each and every one of them.
    Velena the Silent Star

Noooo, Dyschord, I don't have the faintest idea what you're talking about there. I'm all young and new and shiny. Golden Efreeti What?

/em 's nose is growing longer.
    Retired

Remember when you could actually buff guards
    Hell yes. I used to buff Neriak/Nektulos guards, and heal them when people wanted to try killing them for exp/cool

/em pulls up a rocking chair and knitting needles for Shadowfrost