Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Focus Items for the 30 somethings

Default Focus Items for the 30 somethings

I posted this in reply to another thread but I think it may be of general interest so here it lives now...

Dagis Tuckman wrote:
    Penecillin, can you tell me what you've quested for focus items so far? Starting to look at gear upgrades, I'd love the pointer.
    There are 5-6 quests in PoK in the ground floor of the Museum Building SW of the Kaladim stone. They are all for Fine Antique Stuff . Do a search on Alla for "Fine Antique" and you'll get a list of items, their focuses and quest details. Most of the stuff for the quests is gettable for a mid 30s Cleric in a group (sometimes sol but it can also be found in the bazaar although some things cost a bit that way (The "Hope Diamond" springs to mind).

I have the following focus items at level 36:
    Spell Haste II - Fine Antique Corset
    Mana Preservation II - Fine Antique Ring
    Improved Healing II - Fine Antique Veil
    Affliction Efficiency II - Chipped Bone Bracelet. This can be gotten off an Ogre Shaman in WK if you have friends or bought for a few hundred pp in the bazaar.
    Extended Enhancement II - Kobold Hide Boots. I flat out bought this, fairly cheap in the bazaar.
    Reagent Conservation II - Savant's Cap. Found in Unrest on a Reclusive Ghoul Magi, it is fairly easy to get with Invis to undead and pacify spells.
    I'd love an Improved Damage II item and a Flowing Thought I item as well but they are still out of level range at this point.

For a complete list of Focus Effects, click on "Focus Effects" under spells in the left hand frame of Allakhazam. There are links to items from the effect descriptions. For lower level clerics, look at the first level focus items affecting spells upto level 20.

For a complete list of focus items on sale in the bazaar, select Focus Effect from the type menu in the bazaar.

Plan and group to quest for the easy or fun stuff and farm a few extras for friends or to sell in the bazaar. I particularly enjoyed looting in the Najena zone for the Blackened Sapphire and a Clawed Knuckle Ring on Najena herself (Extended Enhancement II). Just remember to use your pacify spells to single pull and break up groups of Mobs.

Also do your cultural disciple and initiate quests for your holy symbols. Having free cast clickables is great! The Brell ones out of Kaladim are easy and rewarding. Free alcohol and strengthen for life!

Donal's Armour of Mourning has good clickable cleric spells including Valor, Pacify and CHeal but they don't "click" until 45-55 level.

Also, check out the Items that make us Versatile posting at the top of Gear and Items for more ideas, even if they are high up. (Dyschord's posting here was excellent)

Hope this helps. Anyone got any others of interest? Mid 30s accessible Clickable spells are of interest to me.
    Last edited by Penecillin; 06-23-2003 at 11:03 PM.

Default Re: Focus Items for the 30 somethings

gracias man, i'm gunna try to get some of that stuff now

Excellent post Pen!
    Merrybrook d`Zoiks
    Priestess of Tunare
    Bristlebane

Great, thanks Pen. Yes, Disciple Symbol of Brell is THE reason why dwarves rock. At level 32, you can get 300 ale for 25 clicks. Who needs brewing? I've got my wrists.

You discuss the Disicple initate quests, I have the Tunare one on my Druid, nice clicky root, I believe Clerics of Tunare use as well, but Maisie has not done this.

Is there is Disicple quest for Clerics of Bristlebane?

Maisie, Novice Priestess of Bristlebane

I didn't even know about the initiate symbols until I was already past the level where I would care. (Yeah, yeah, I'll save the inkies the trouble of mentioning Darkness.)
    Only the exceptions can be exceptional.

Friends don't let friends do tradeskills. (tm)

Thanks for reminding me about the cultural Initiate's and Disciple's quests. I did the Initiate's the other night and it was too easy. Will need some help to get that Hops from the bartender in Unrest though I'm thinking. On another note, a RL married couple pair of friends that I play with were completely ignoring some of the Fine Antique focus quests for their caster alts we were playing together (they are 65 wiz and 65 chanter mains). I convinced them to take a few minutes and have us get the rest of the non-bazaar bought items for the Fine Antique Ring (Mana Preservation II). It was kinda surprising and it felt good to be so much newer and lead them around and doing research to help them 'upgrade' their alts.

Extended Enhancement II - Kobold Hide Boots. I flat out bought this, fairly cheap in the bazaar.
    Umm... these actually have a focus of Burning Affliction II - http://www.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=2367
    Bodhichitta
    Newbie Cleric
    Bastard servant of Innoruuk

"Mistakes are almost always of a sacred nature. Never try to correct them. On the contrary: rationalize them, understand them thoroughly. After that, it will be possible for you to sublimate them." - Salvador Dali

excellent post.

Here are a couple of items I exchanged or added on my cleric.

Comes from naggys lair or drops from vendors in the bazaar for around 400pp on Brell

Runed Mithril Bracer
    MAGIC ITEM
    AC: +4 Str: +3 Wis: +5
    Weight: 2.3
    Classes: All Classes
    Races: Vah Shir Dwarf Ogre Troll Gnome Dark Elf Barbarian Erudite Halfling Wood Elf High Elf Half Elf Human Froglok
    Inventory Slot: Wrist
    Can be stored in Medium and larger containers

Focus Effect: Reagent Conservation III

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comes from Runneyeye off battlelords and wizards
    Vendors in Bazaar 400pp on Brell

Black Alloy Medallion
    MAGIC ITEM
    AC: +6 Wis: +5 Int: +5
    Weight: 0.1
    Races: All Races
    Inventory Slot: Neck

Focus Effect: Mana Preservation II

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comes from Frenzied Ghoul in Lower Guk
    Vendors in bazaar 50pp on Brell

Moonstone Ring
    MAGIC ITEM
    Str: +3 Mana: +30
    Weight: 0.1
    Inventory Slot: Finger
    Can be stored in Small and larger containers

Focus Effect: Extended Range II

Comes from 2 places

Great Oowomp in Timorous Deep and Chief Goonda in West Karana
    Bazaar Vendor 100pp on Brell

Batfang Headband

AC: +2 Wis: +3 Int: +3
    Weight: 1.5
    Inventory Slot: Head

Focus Effect: Extended Enhancement II

I only wear the Batfang Headband for buffing, otherwise I am wearing my Sarnak Headguard for the AC. The moonstone ring is nice to heal extend the range of that heal as the puller heads out to get another.

Very nice, I am on my way to get some of this stuff!!

Do what thy (dwarf)hood bids thee do
    from none but self expect applause
    he noblest lives
    and noblest dies
    who makes and keeps
    his self made laws

Yep I'm going to get some of this stuff right now... Ty for the info. =)

teh experienced n00blet

Oowomp drops several pieces of not so great armor for clerics, but has a decent bracelet drop as well.

Chipped Bone Bracelet

With a few Mid 30's, he and the rest of the ogres there are a good camp to make a few plats from fine steel drops as well. My 42 Shaman is currently parked there and when I am not doing anything else, I log him on to Kill Oowomp. Get about 2% per kill off of him. Doggie can eat the rest of the camp while I am medding up.

Also for you lower level clerics the Sol Ro Temple BP is a nice one for the Ext Enhancement on it. Works up to level 50 spells I believe. And the quest is not real hard, you can find it here .

You mentioned faithstones in one of those posts - Is there not one for a human cleric of Erollisi Marr? Can the one for Mith Mar be used from inv or does it need to be equipped?

Don't tell me I picked the wrong diety! /sob

There is one as I'm a human cleric of Erollisi Marr too - I think its a "Faithstone of Courage" ?? I'll double check and repost if i'm wrong. But if your server is like mine there are never any for sale in the Bazaar - trying to get my skills up to make one at the mo - unsuccesfully though lol