Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A comprehensive Tower of the Frozen Shadow Guide.

Default A comprehensive Tower of the Frozen Shadow Guide.

Tower of the Frozen Shadow (ToFS) is good for about 30+ grouped or 34+ solo. It is full of undead, with a few live mobs as well. The easiest way to get to ToFS is to get a port to Iceclad. There are wandering giants, and snow dervishes around the rings, so be careful. From the ring, run strait out to the water. Veer right and run across the ice pack. You will come to a village of doggies. It is the same place everyone camps when getting ready to take down Lodizal. Make sure group is all ready, and if available, everyone should get fresh SoW since you can’t do it inside.

When ready, run strait at the temple. You will see a doorway with a mirror. Ignore the guardians around the door (they look like dervishes), and just click on the mirror. This will zone you into ToFS. If you need to zone out, the mirror takes you out of the Tower, just click on it.

Note: If you have a key from any floor 2-7, it will get you thru the mirrors for all floors below it. You still have to cross the floor, but you don’t have to fight for the key. Also, if any member of the group has such a key, you all can just stand around the mirror closely and that member can click on the mirror to get you all thru.

First Floor:
    From the zone in point, move down the steps a bit to the next little room. From there, you will see 2 A Lesser Ice Shade 29 - 31. The floor of the room they are in is slick, with a pit trap in the center. The pit trap has A Shadowbone 24 - 28 skeletons in it. If you can harmony/pacify/ST pull the Shades, so much the better. Take them out one at a time. Rooting them seemed to hold until I killed one.
    There are 5 halls leading out of the room with the pit trap. Start working your way around, killing the A Shadowbone 24 - 28 skeletons (left side) A Shadow Beast 25 - 27 (right side) until you spawn the An Enraged Shadow Beast 33 – 34, which drops the key that gets you to 2nd floor.
    1st floor loot: Shadowbone Bracers, Fading shadow weapons, Fine Steel Weapons, pp, and crystallized shadows.
    Once you get the key, head to hallway across the pit trap from entrance, go right to mirror, make sure all group members are gathered around you and click on the mirror. If you have the pass key from the 7th floor, you can go to the left mirror and it will take you to the 7th floor exit.

Welcome to the 2nd floor. Instant transition, not a zone change. This is the library.

You can pull to the hall in front of the zone mirror, or you can go just inside the door to the left and set up camp along the wall. MR would be good buff for here as everything on this floor is a caster. Enchanters, I believe. They nuke for 150 or so, just to say hi, Screaming Terror (ST), which is a mez spell, and I have had my tank get charmed and proceed to try beating the crap out of me. Which is a bit annoying, as you might imagine.
    A Librarian 35 - 35, Librarian Assistant 34 - 34, A Ghostly Teacher 36 - 37 are on 20(?) min timer and An Angry Librarian 35 - 35 (random mob/keyholder) are toughest mobs on this floor. Pull the Librarian first, but pacify the assistant librarian. The teachers are in the rooms to left and right from entrance. Kill these mobs, and then start slaughtering A Ghostly Student 24 – 28, Zorglim the Dead 30 - 32 and A Ghostly Scholar 29 - 30. Most can be single pulled, but keep some mana reserves, because the Angry Librarian pops unexpectedly out of some mob you kill.
    Once angry pops, get your key, make your way across library to hallway on other side, go right, then to mirror. If you have someone in group with invis(regular, not undead), this would be a good time to use it. Make sure group is all together, and click on mirror.
    Loots : Teacher syllabus, Students Homework, pp, crystallized shadows, and random Velious drop spells, and some random junk nodrop armor and the odd spell.

Welcome to 3rd floor

Armored Shadows 38-44 suck. If you don’t have invis, or forgot to use it, you will know this right away. They have a lot of hp (1.5k?), and hit pretty hard. With a small group, they are not too bad, but solo, as a cleric, they sucked. I personally just root/atoned them until about 49 or so.
    If invis, go right from entrance to the first corner, turn left and follow hall to 3rd door on the right. Look into room, if you don’t see an armored shadow, go in. If armored shadow is in there, go down hall a bit and wait for him to go away. There are 2 or 3 that patrol the area. After shadow is gone, kill the A Zombie Butler 29 - 30 on the left. Then kill butler on the right. After they are both dead, go to left from door you came in, and kill 2 A Zombie Maid 30 - 32 in that room. This room becomes camp. The mirror in this room exit’s you from ToFS.
    Start pulling the A Shadow Beast Cook 27 - 32 from the first 2 rooms you passed. There are a couple of hidden doors that you can follow so you don’t have to go out into the hallway. If you are keeping ahead of spawns (20min) then you can probably take the armored shadows one at a time. Start pulling down hallways back to camp. There are also mobs behind all of the doors down the halls all over that floor. A named skelly(forget name), some other skellies, and a An Angry Chef 32 – 34. She is kind of mean, and an undercon. She has a cute little saying. “Lets turn this up a notch” then she nukes you for up to 800hp. Yeah, ouch. Laughed all the way back from PoK the first time I met her. Eventually you will spawn the An Enraged Shadow Beast 40 – 44.. Kill enraged to get the key.
    Mirror to 4th floor is at the end of the main hallway.

Loot: PP, Crystallized shadows, Frozen shadow weapons, mummy wrappings, bone chips, Fine Steel weapons, shadowbone Bracers, and Finely Crafted Velium Ring (from enraged), the occasional spell, and supposedly, a SK only BP off the Angry Cook.

Welcome to the 4th floor

Level 44 is recommended. Need a tank, a cleric, and either a shaman or a druid, and as always, more is better. At 44, I have had 3 meat shields fall in front of me from a bad pull…ok, 2 meat shields and a ranger(sometimes there just aren’t enough buffs).. and when the meat lies quivering on the floor, I have 33 seconds (Divine aura 15 seconds, Divine barrier 18 seconds) and 1800 hp to reach a zone.
    When you pop in, you will probably be attacked by an An Ancient Mummy 38 - 42, a shadow 38-42, and a goo 38-40 (forget what name is). Mummies have rabies, shadows nuke and slow, goo’s have root. Magic Resist would be nice, especially if you remembered to put it on before you pop in. I usually remember it after the first fight. Shadows have lots of hp and are invis, even in combat. See invis does not help see them.
    There is a named mummy, cant remember name, starts with A.., that pops around entrance. He is the trigger for Cara Omica 43 - 44, at end, who drops the key. I usually hang around entrance, killing everything that comes by until he shows up. He sometimes spawns down the left hall at a static spawn, sometimes down the hall to the right at end of first 3rd hallway to right. First door opens to the first hallway on right, which leads to the exit mirror, and there are usually 2 or 3 mobs down that hall. I usually have the tanks clear that road in case of emergency.
    There are also some pit traps in the hallways off the main hallways. If you fall in them, there is a Maggot infested Goo 38-42 and an ancient mummy down there. Try to get everyone in there with you and kill them, then just touch the fire pot in the center and it takes you back to the entrance.
    Once you kill the named mummy, go right from entrance, take 1st hallway on right (first one passed doorway) and follow it to the end. Just stay right and you will go to Cara and exit to 5th floor. But, there are 5 shadows, usually 1 goo, and 1 ancient mummy blocking the way. If you can invis, kill the mummy and the goo, then invis and walk down hallway. You will come to what looks like a dead end. Just walk strait and you will go thru a hidden doorway. On either side of this doorway are a total of 5 shadows. One of the shadows is the place holder for Narmak Berreka 35 - 35 , who is an Armored shadow SK, with a pet skelly. He drops a couple items.
    After you go thru the hidden doorway, go down the hall. The next room you come to will have Cara in it. Kill her. Loot her. Sometime I have had her respawn as many as 4 times. Keep killing her, looting junk off her and hope she drops the bowl.
    In the room passed Cara are 2 more shadows and usually one goo, and just passed them is the mirror to 5th floor.

Loots: Sabre Tooth Tiger Hide, PP, Some damn neck thing, Sorceress bowl, Embalming knife, Some SK only Shield, mummy wrapping, Fading Shadow weapons, Fine Steel Weapons, Crystallized Shadows, random Velious spells.

Welcome to 5th floor.

The money pit. This is where you want to be. Everything on this floor is undead, except the head usher.
    As you enter, the hallway in front of you had Undead Ushers on either side of you. They con DB at 48. they are all the 2nd highest mobs on the floor. You can pull and kill these for exp if you like, or just IvU passed them.
    Passed Ushers across a T intersection is the wedding room or Camp: Bride and Groom. This is what you are here to kill. Kill the wedding party. They are green or light blue at 48, and can be pulled into hallway single pretty easily. There are 4 named zombies on each side. All are named different, but all are just common mobs. At 49, I could pull Nosja 29 – 29, Daman 32 – 32, and her pet, and Priest Majes Medery 33 – 33 single. They are on a 20min spawn timer I believe.

If you have time, pull and kill ushers for exp and lootz. If they are all dead, pull stuff from surrounding rooms. Pull until you spawn An Enraged Relative. You will kill something and PoP, a spectre looking thing jumps out of it’s corpse. This thing is tough. Cons Yellow at 48. Kill it. If you cant kill it. Hit DB or DA and run for the mirror you at the zone in spot for this zone. This will take you outside again. When you kill enraged relative, you get key and a decent helm . If you are done there, move on to 6th floor.

Loots: Diamond Wedding Ring, Ruby Viel, Ceremonial Wedding Sword, Rune Etched Weddign Band, Beer Stained tunic, A decent helm for melee and priest classes, spells galore, velium, shadow weapons, crystallized shadows, and other assorted stuff.

To get to the 6th floor mirror, from entrance mirror, go left at intersection, down hall to 2nd door(?) and up the stairs. Touch the mirror.

Welcome to the 6th floor.

This is the EXP floor for a group of lvl 45’s. It is known as 6a You can safely pull all day long. Entrance is camp. 6b is down the right hall from the entrance, up the stairs and thru another mirror. Exit is a pain. Go strait from entrance, to a T in the hallway, go left until you see a bunch of Lesser Shades 38-42. The exit is passed them in a hallway off to the right. The room they are has a trap that hit for .. uh.. 300 or so I think, and I could not single pull them at 51.
    From camp. Start pulling A Shadow Beast Guard 37 - 42 from the right hallway, and Lesser shades from the left. You can also go to the T intersection, make a right, then another right, and pull Incoherent Spirit 43 – 44 . He spawns another ghost when he dies, and that ghost can drop Axe of the Stoic or Hammer of the Stoic. Not bad weapons.

I would not recommend going passed 6a until you have a nice group of low 50’s. VhalSera 45 – 45 is a genie looking punk that has a ton of HP, charms, nukes, doubles for about 200, and is overall just nasty. He drops the key and some other lootz. There are also some bats that turn into vampires when you kill them on that floor as well. All are in mid 40’s. Once you kill him, click on the crystal ball on the claw in the same area you pulled him.

Welcome to 7th floor… Scarry!!

There are some wuss mobs guarding the entrance, that can be single pulled. They look like the ushers from the 5th floor and die about as fast. Work your way down the hallway. Go slow and kill the lesser ice shades, and all the familiars as you go. Don’t take to long because they are on the same 20 min or so timer as the rest of the tower. Enter the main room and kill the Blood Familiars. They are DB at 53. You will also have to kill all of the shaded torches that attack you from around the room. The exit for this floor is up the spiral stair case in the center of the room, but you have to have the 6th floor key to open the last door to leave, or the 7th floor pass key.

The tapestry on the wall across from the entrance is a hidden door. There are 4 bats in rooms behind that tapestry. Everyone go thru and into the first room on the right. Engage that bat, when it dies, either a vampire or Tserrina Syl'Tor 51 will pop from the corpse. She charms, nukes, life taps, and is overall pretty mean.. being the boss mob of the tower and all.

Lootz are Tserrina’s whip, Tserrina’s staff, and Tserrina’s robe… The 7th floor passkey, and a few other things, with a chance of some of the higher level Velious Spells. I have only seen one spell from her.

Well, I hope this helps. Please feel free to send me any corrections or updates you might have. I did most of this from memory, so there might be a few errors, however, I have spent A LOT of time in ToFS.

Phixin DaOuchies

Default Re: A comprehensive Tower of the Frozen Shadow Guide.

i stickied this as it is a great overview of a awesome zone.

as a lvl 62 cleric i farmed here for tons of pp. i was making over 1k a night easy. and this is just staying till kei wore off. plus if you hapen to get the two rings, can be another easy 2k plus all the trash VT you get.

~Keyera

Keyera
    105 cleric
    Undivided Faith
    Drinal

Sprinting over the fields, swinging a mighty hammer, cometh Keyera! And she gives a bloodthirsty roar:

"I'm going to bludgeon you into the stuff of nightmares!"

Could a 52 cleric handle the 4th floor solo? Until getting the 5th floor key, of course.

Phixin said in post #1 :
    Mummies have rabies,
    This worries me not.

I'm sure you could do 4th floor Cik. Just take your time, everything is undead and you should be able to singlepull them. Root and rot em to death. Turning, Epitath, that other one is pretty useless at this point.
    Become a minion today! Fall to the cuteness of the kitties!
    So shonen it frikkin' hurts.
    "Matter flows from place to place and momentarily comes together to be you, Some people find that thought disturbing, I find the reality thrilling."
    - Dr Richard Dawkins

Incorrect Maelarr. 4th floor is mean. The Shadows are not Undead, they are also casters who nuke and snare, and you have to get passed a batch of 5 of them to get down the hall to where Cara Omica Spawns (she gave me a bowl a few days ag.

You can solo the floor though.. but you have to go really slow and it is difficult. If you get adds.. hehe.. you have 18 seconds.. dont get lost on your way out.

Your best bet would be to get a tank or 2 to come in with you to get key, if that is what you need. I always just fly passed the 4th on way to 5th, and at 56, everything still agro's on every floor.

I agree with Phixin.
    Although there may be a way for you to solo the 4th.
    If you use normal invis you can get to a corridor just before the mirror to the 5th floor without adds (from memory there is only 1 zombie on the 4th floor that sees through invis, he wanders but not often along the path to the 5th floor).
    Now if you head towards the 5th floor mirror, you will go through a secret door that is guarded by Shadows. Behind this door is a long corridor with no offshoots that heads to Cara's room.
    There is only one zombie that walks this hallway. If you set up your camp about halfway up this corridor you should be right, you can then pacify and pull the shadows and anything else that comes along.

The trouble with the 4th floor is not that the mobs are hard, its just that there are a lot of them and its very easy to aggro many when you aggro one, there are also a lot of wanderers, but mostly they only wander down one or two corridors. if you stick to the spot I have mentioned you should be ok. Also if you have problems you can run to the 5th floor mirror (well if you had a key you could) as nothing will follow you through that mirror.
    Bodhichitta
    Newbie Cleric
    Bastard servant of Innoruuk

"Mistakes are almost always of a sacred nature. Never try to correct them. On the contrary: rationalize them, understand them thoroughly. After that, it will be possible for you to sublimate them." - Salvador Dali

I wouldn't feel comfortable soloing this floor on 52. Definitely not the keyholder. I remember having a lot of trouble with this floor when I was learning the zone though.
    Only the exceptions can be exceptional.

Friends don't let friends do tradeskills. (tm)

I spent all day Saturday here with a level 41 SK. It was pretty sweet. We were able to get keyed up all the way to the top in no time then it was just taking out that tserrina. We just couldn't do it so we called in my mage friend and got all 3 of us keyed for the top floor. I'm going back there as much as I can now when I need to lay waste to a zone.

Went pretty much all the way up yesterday with a 47 SK a 53 Necro and myself at 45 with Kei, pulling was easy xp was a yellow in about 1.5 hours lewt was negligable
    Pratchett 44 Cleric
    Harefeet 54 Druid
    ShadowClaw
    Prexus

"I am Death, not taxes. I turn up only once." DEATH

Anyone got a guide on how to get here if you can't afford to drop plat on a port to iceclad ocean?
    Moonsorrow Nocturne
    High Elven Cleric of Tunare
    51st Circle
    Guild Member of Anzac
    My Shiny Armor

It's really easy...but really long also. Take a book to Freeport, then head to North Ro (go through the old trader tunnel) Once you get into North Ro (outside of the tunnel) go to the ocean and run down the beach until you find a little dock (sometimes there is a little gnome standing next to it.) Sit on that dock and wait for a raft to float up next to it. Get on the raft and it will take you to Iceclad Ocean to an island. Get off raft run across island to another dock and sit and wait for a boat to pull up. Get on boat and ride it to the other dock with gnome pirates. I'm not sure how to get to the actual tower but I do know that puts you really close to it.
    Van
    Lvl 26 DE Cleric
    "Worshipper of RALLOS ZEK!"

As Vanuuven stated take the raft in North Ro to Iceclad, then use the map at eqatlas, to find the rest of the way there...

Map of Iceclad here

Good luck!

if you have PoP can get to ToFS easy.

take the GD book

once you zone into GD face the PoK book, turn right and follow zone wall. when you come to a canyon, turn left and follow it to zone to EW.

once you zone into EW go east, if you have SoW no need to be carefull as nothing can catch you. i belive the zone to IC is on far east wall of the zone, if you have LoY, use the map. one you cross over the bridge, go north east i belive, once again LoY maps show everything for this, it has the tower marked on the map, my map just says Frozen, and that is the tower. takes about 10 min to run there from PoK. Good Luck!!!

Keyera
    105 cleric
    Undivided Faith
    Drinal

Sprinting over the fields, swinging a mighty hammer, cometh Keyera! And she gives a bloodthirsty roar:

"I'm going to bludgeon you into the stuff of nightmares!"

Keyera said in post #13 :
    if you have PoP can get to ToFS easy.

take the GD book
    Yep, in my younger days, before I learned to not fear EW, I rode that dang boat.

Now, I just run from GD. With a SoW, you could probably make the run at level 15 and be plenty safe You may get tagged once or twice if you aren't paying attention, so I wouldn't try it at level 1.

Then again, who cares if I die at level 1? Hmmm....gonna try it tonight. PoK to inside ToFS as a level 1. Might make for a good contest.

"Oh merciful Tunare, even though I have personally rammed a sword into your oversized breast and looted your broken corpse about 3 times this month alone, please grant me the ability to heal faster! I offer you this piece of crap item I looted off an orc I was able to kill blindfolded. I hope you like it."
    Dobbanz on Lanys, discussing the new Tribute System

So if you have a melee partner, what level do you need to be to duo the 7th floor? Or is this possible?
    Binkin Anklebane, Exemplar of Bristlebane
    click epic + CH + Virt = less mana than keeping you alive