Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [New Feature] Interactive Story!

book [New Feature] Interactive Story!

Yep, that's right. I've added a new, great feature for all your loremasters out there!

It's called an interactive story, and the system is available here.

This is a dry run test. I don't know how this will work for the site, or if you gusy will like it.

I've only made one category for now; EverQuest. Let's just say that after a couple of hourse of template coding and nitpicking my imagination ran dry.

/em looks weary...

So, what I need from you guys, besides new stories to the system, is suggestions for categories. The more the merrier!

You submit your own stories for moderation, controlled only by me for now, but will be broadened to include all staff members. You can add new chapters to stories in the system, thus making it ever evolving and fun!

I wrote one horrid example of a story to get you guys going, so don't laugh or I'll toss gnomes at ya.

Hope ya all like it! EverQuest Clerics - Interactive Story System

Default Re: [New Feature] Interactive Story!

cool, when i wake up ill try it out.
    Venerable Torwin
    Retired High Priest of Bristlebane
    ~Shining Path~

Well my ale-touting friend I am very much in-like with this new feature on the board and I believe I have done well by the Venerable Jarvis....check out chapter 2
    *Whispers the long forgotten words of the Ancients and humbly beseeches Tunare for the gift of healing those in need* OR *Looks into her ale and murmers various bribes for Brell to let her be sober enough for one last heal*

/em eagerly claps his hands and whistles at Elliandra!

Bravo! Bravo! That's just what I wanted to see! Now that's entertainment! I hope others follow suit on this!

/em glances around the room pointing his finger about the people...

Now you learn from this young lady and you try to do what she did.

/em struts his chest trying to look all important and dominating only to realize they are all pretty much looking down at this silly, little dwarf.

Oh for the love of Brell...

/me grins at Jarvis and hands the silly dwarf a dragon size ale
    *Whispers the long forgotten words of the Ancients and humbly beseeches Tunare for the gift of healing those in need* OR *Looks into her ale and murmers various bribes for Brell to let her be sober enough for one last heal*

I especially liked the part about the Dwarf Tossing. My favorite activity.

HEY~?!! could I perhaps take this a step further and make a...duh duh duh daaaa..Truly interactive storyline in halls of whatever? Y'know? Start a MB D&D game going?

/em considers some early-morning dwarf tossing to wake himself up
    Last edited by Maelarr; 05-25-2003 at 08:45 AM.
    Become a minion today! Fall to the cuteness of the kitties!
    So shonen it frikkin' hurts.
    "Matter flows from place to place and momentarily comes together to be you, Some people find that thought disturbing, I find the reality thrilling."
    - Dr Richard Dawkins

No no no Maelarr use gnomes!! I have a catapult and my does it have some distance on it!!
    /me grin's evilly

There's gnome punting and dorf tossing, Dwarves are fatter, you have to toss them. Gnomes are tiny, you can punt them.
    "Matter flows from place to place and momentarily comes together to be you, Some people find that thought disturbing, I find the reality thrilling."
    - Dr Richard Dawkins

/EM tosses Maelarr an ale

DOWN IN FRONT.. Trying to watch Jarv's new show!....

/em summons some more ale and waits for the next scene.

Ok so who is doing chapter 3? I did chapter 2 and want to see what someone else can come up with

Working on chapter 3 "Brell replies to his noble cleric...." right now.

Where exactly is he anyway? Hmmm... POOF he's in one of the many inns in the commonlands!...POOF! the Inns in EC are much bigger then they actually are in game!...POOF! the innkeeper has a wife...POOF! poof is a really stupid sound effect...POOF! Jarvis magically forgot all his spells during the night!

Dont think i did perspective right, Thinking and saying i.e. "I wonder whos going to toss me next" were in 1st person, actions, i.e. Jarvis was tossed, are in 3rd
    Last edited by Maelarr; 05-25-2003 at 05:10 PM.
    - Dr Richard Dawkins

Very cute. My creative powers seem to be avoiding me at 8.45am on a Monday Morning. Maybe breakfast will help?

/em chooses a healthy breakfast...
    The unfamiliar texture of grains and cereals get stuck in Penecillins teeth.

/em chooses a regular breakfast...
    Mmm doughnuts and diet coke, the breakfast of champions.
    Last edited by Penecillin; 05-25-2003 at 07:53 PM.

Exactly how many PP DO you get for posting a chapter?

/em punts a gnome
    One of Maelarr's favorite activities
    or
    /em tosses a dwarf
    Another favorite!
    - Dr Richard Dawkins

You get nothing for using the interactive story system... Sorry pp slut

You get nothing for using the interactive story system... Sorry pp slut
    /me snickers and grabs a big bag of popcorn, her ever-present bag of chocolates and a giant size coke to watch the battle that is sure to ensue after Jarvis' reply to Marlarr.....