Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What does your UI look like?

Default What does your UI look like?

Figured I should start a thread where people can showcase what their in-game UI looks like.

Below you can see what I use. This interface is developed by t.king and is called T.King Celtic UI -- G2 revision 3f .

It's available for download here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: What does your UI look like?

I use Caleal's UI.

After being a Vert user, when UI's when live, I got tired of having to constantly edit every patch. With Caleal's, I have *never* had an issue on patch day. It's pretty much unbreakable, and still has everything I need out of a UI.

Caleal's UI can be found on EQInterface, in the complete sets section, of the downloads.

My UI is a hodgepodge of Thomas King, Remelio and several others
    *Whispers the long forgotten words of the Ancients and humbly beseeches Tunare for the gift of healing those in need* OR *Looks into her ale and murmers various bribes for Brell to let her be sober enough for one last heal*

I use Ortin's blue UI, but I have my windows arranged differently.

I have many chat windows open -- as many as 6 at one time depending on circumstances. My main window has group, raid and channel 2 (usually raid chat), other info (randoms, spells wearing off and what ever else EQ calls other), and tells. One window has guild chat and shout. One window has raid healing channel, (and the tank channel when healer chat is boring) spells crits, and melee crits. One window has spam (ooc) and other melee garbarge. One window is for officer's chat. The sixth window must not have anything I pay attention to because I have no idea what goes to that one.

I can't imagine playing with just one chat window again. Mistells would really bad.
    Dulcinea

Archon of the Prexus Server
    Proud Officer of Shining Alliance

/em agrees with Dulcinea.

The spam factor alone, with one window, is bad enough. My guild leader makes fun of me because I sometimes run with 5 chat windows, to divide up spam on large raids.

My goodness, none of you use /viewport?

/viewport rocks. It gives you a completely clear field of vision with no chat windows in front of it, use it!
    Retired

/me looks confused

/viewport? What's that?!?
    *Whispers the long forgotten words of the Ancients and humbly beseeches Tunare for the gift of healing those in need* OR *Looks into her ale and murmers various bribes for Brell to let her be sober enough for one last heal*

I play in 1200x900 resolution. However, the viewing area of my screen is smaller than that; there are black spaces around the edges. My various UI windows (chat windows, casting bar, group window, raid window etc.) are arranged over the black spaces rather than over the viewing area, so that they don't get in the way.

In order to make the viewing area smaller, what I did was to type /view 200 100 800 600. In other words, my viewing area is 800 pixels by 600 pixels and there are black spaces 200 pixels wide below, to the left of, and to the right of my viewing area. The space above the viewing area is only 100 pixels wide.

Dyschord referred to Caleal's UI's above; Caleal P`Terak, who wrote several UI's, is apparently a confirmed /viewport addict and as I remember, he has written his UI's specifically with the /viewport command in mind.
    Retired

You are still talking about losing screen resolution though when you are using viewport. Granted folks on a 19 or 21 inch monitor can still see a pretty good sized viewport area. Those folks that are on smaller monitors will see a much smaller area right?

I used a UI mod that was built around a viewport and did not like the smaller viewing area screen real estate at whatever resolution had it. I now play in 1600X1200 and see a big area, maybe I should fiddle around with looking at a viewport trying different sizes.

I thought I had added a picture of the UI I use but had forgotten it. Anyway this is a picture of the UI I use for my caster characters:
    Last edited by Parklyn; 07-10-2003 at 05:36 PM.
    Parklyn Anmeddin

Well, I use the /viewport settings I mentioned on a 17" monitor (an old-fashioned Sony Trinitron which I still love to bits, you can keep your flat screens) and I don't find that there's a noticeable loss of screen resolution. Personally, I prefer a smaller viewing area that's uncluttered by UI windows to a full 17" viewing area with chat windows obstructing my view... obviously not everyone shares my opinion.
    Retired

I'm in the same position Shadow is, almost to the letter, except I use 800x600 and viewport. I used 640 on the old UI to cut my graphics card some slack, so 800 is high to me. I do use "an old-fashioned Sony Trinitron" 17" though.

SIX WINDOWS? Are you crazy? I lose things constantly just using two. I grew up on the original interface, and I'm used to skimming and scanning one window. I only use a second to use as a filter for things I want to be aware of but don't want to be spammed by (like attack messages). It's easy not to get mistells when you don't rely on being in the proper channel...how do you move between so many reasonably? /g, /gu, /t, /ooc, /say, hitting R for reply all the way!

/rant off, this is personal preference.
    Only the exceptions can be exceptional.

Friends don't let friends do tradeskills. (tm)

I don't like /viewport. I can't explain why? I just don't like it. I play on a 21" screen though (or I play on my TV, depending what room I feel like being in), and most of my windows are actually clear-backgrounds when I play, so I don't really have a view obstruction problem.

I absolutely hate my windows phasing in and out. I have transparency set to 100%.
    Only the exceptions can be exceptional.

Friends don't let friends do tradeskills. (tm)

It's easy not to get mistells when you don't rely on being in the proper channel...how do you move between so many reasonably? /g, /gu, /t, /ooc, /say, hitting R for reply all the way!
    Up to four windows here.

One window for general chat:- Group chat, guild chat, tells, emotes, a couple of chat channels.
    One window for spam I need to see:- Spell feedback, critters hitting me, that sort of thing.
    One window for important chat:- Shout (hate people that abuse that), raid channel & raidsay, and when leading raids, the pull channel and the raid command channel.
    One window to itself for the priest channel/CH ring, set to /chatfontsize 5, in bright red.

I always type into the general chat box, even when talking in one of the channels that go to other windows, from sheer force of habit I think.

(I feel like JRR Tolkein. One window to /shout them all. One window to /tell them. One window to /gu them all...)
    Retired

My UI is the following and can be downloaded here.

Pouncer Anonymous
    Leading Others Towards the Light for 61 Seasons