Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: What does your UI look like?

Default Re: What does your UI look like?

The spell gems in AYA can also be placed horizontally instead of vertically up the side. All you have to do is copy a single file from the aptly named subdirectory into the main AYA directory and the spell gems will then stretch across the top of the chat windows. Speaking of the chat windows, etc... all of those are building block as well. You can shrink or enlarge those windows, and even add more chat windows if you desire. Like Ortin it's a viewport UI. Like Ortin the UI doesn't break with a patch forcing you to go back to the default UI.

When I talk of fixes with days, or on the same day, I mean adding those new features when SoE adds them to the game. As for the clickies, those can be set to any slot you desire by changing a couple of numbers in the HTML code. There are 4 of them. There is also a vertical clicky bar that has EVERY clickable slot on it which can be brought up with <ALT<F>. I know, but who the hell really uses their friends list window anyways?

Give it a try. You can always switch back in a matter of minutes. Download AYA and then play with it for a week or two. You'll get hooked...
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    Pomaikai Po`okela
    70 Exarch

Capitalization is the difference between
    "Helping your uncle Jack off a horse"
    and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"

Sig courtesy of Hijinx Studios

This is a picture of the UI I use. It's basically the general default with the group window switched out and the personal target stats switched cause I couldn't stand the % being in the middle of the health bar like default has.

I'm a window freak as you can see but the upper right one is minimized for 95% of our raids (I just use it when I need to see emotes). Also, the two in the upper left corner are faded out usually so I never see them (miscellaneous spam I don't need goes there so it's logged just not in my line of vision).

What I really liked about the 4 hotkey bars now is all our AA hotkeys and spell hotkeys, buff, rez, drag, cure hotkeys can be visible at the same time - no more flipping.

Crystilla
    EQ Round Table Member
    Devoted Brell serving wench
    Valorguard / Erollisi Marr server

Here's a shot of the newest AYA Strike version. I use the horizontal spell bar that was mentioned previously. I agree the vertical version is a bit misplaced on the screen, and a bit awkward playing mouse style. I play a combination of KB and mouse, and have been using AYA for a long time.

I can't imagine ever going back to any other UI, this one is just too functional. Easily customized, tons of features. Only downside is if you can't play in higher resolutions. This one is 1280 x 1024 only.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Later,
    Selinya

i just got a 17 inch monitor and was able to change the screen size from 800 up 2 sizes... not even sure what i am using at, Currently I am using the default with some things modified for the pieces that I want. My Target Ring, Player Window, Group Health (I love the group health that changes colors from green to yellow and then red at 40%), etc The hot Bars with inventory slots But I want to find one that has the clickes cause it is a pain in the arse to not have those easily availiable.

Any suggestions and what size I should be using it at. Mpst of the UI that have a border so to speak where alwasy too large for my old monitor.
    Last edited by Tiannia; 03-28-2006 at 04:04 PM.

If you're not using a UI set, you can play at whatever resolution you feel comfortable with. A 17" monitor might be a bit hard on the eyes beyond 1024x768 though. Text (although resizable) can get extremely small and unreadable.

If you find a UI set you like, then you would match the UI's resolution up to the game reso. For example, Aya is 1280x1024 resolution only, but I play on a 19", which is quite sufficient to push that resolution. Simply put, most all of the UI's contain a file called UI_Character_Server which is a predefined screen setup to set the UI perfectly on your screen. Basically you copy this file, and rename it appropriately with your server and character name, then copy it into your EQ main folder.

I've been using custom UI's since they came out. I've pieced em together, I've used well over 10 different featured sets, and done a bit of XML manipulating to make some other windows myself. After piddling around with every UI under the sun, the one I use currently is hands down the most functional I've ever used. I'd recommend it to everyone to at least try for a week and see if you like it. I almost guarantee you will never want to use anything else once you tweak it to your playstyle.
    Later,
    Selinya