Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Items that make us Independent and Versatile

Default Items that make us Independent and Versatile

In the good cleric/bad cleric thread, Dyschord remarked about the need for a cleric to be versatile and independent. While we have had many threads discuss spell use, I do not think there have been many (if any) that discussed equipment with unique/invaluable clickable effects that enable a cleric to be more "versatile and independent." So, in this thread, list items that you have personally found most helpful (beyond stats)--be they rare or "easily" obtained (hopefully there will be more "easily" obtained than not). There are many, but I'll start us off with just one:

Faithstone (easily obtained in the bazaar for about 500-1k, or can be produced with the pottery tradeskill):

This enables a cleric to gate back to his/her "home" guild. So, my faithstone lets me gate back to Kaladim right in front of the cleric guild. With PoP, the PoK book is only 2 zones away, so in essence, this gives me a port to wherever I want. In addition, it is great for "farming." For example, let's say that I am farming ToFS, I simply bind outside the zone, do my farming, and faithstone back to Kaladim. There I can sell for maximum profit and bank. Then, it's a simple matter of gating back to my bind point and start the same cycle again.

Others?
    Galvatist Goodhealer
    63 Faithful Years

Galv's Temple

Default Re: Items that make us Independent and Versatile

I would say Donal's Vambraces Of Mourning have a handy clickable effect even up to this day and my level. The Valor effect is a clickable 200 point heal without restrictions other than it does not work if a higher level buff is on you or another character. Yeah yeah the time it takes to cast you could be medding but that can be debated as to which is faster. Medding up mana without any mana regeneration still takes a very long time!
    Parklyn Anmeddin

I have a fair number of clickies that I use from time to time to really help me out

Bracer of the Hidden: Right click targettable see-invis. Rumored to drop in Warslik's woods. Occasionally useful, especially in conjunction with...
    Gnomish Vanishing Device: Right click invis, 5 charges, rechargable by anyone with stackable (!) class 5 mana batteries. Same cost roughly as invis potions, but a lot easier to carry in quantity. Especially if you have a Collapsable Toolbox. Tinkered, a fair bit on the expensive side.

For the dark elves there's the Regent Symbol of Innoruuk, with right click clinging darkness. Occasionally useful for small groups with no snarer, despite the short duration and only minor amount of snare effect.

Water Sprinkler of the Forgiven (errm, might have the name wrong). 10 sec casting time right click atone. Invaluable, cause Atone has a long refresh, and always seems to get lost in my book. Random drop in Chardok, not particularly difficult to get, just tedious.

Some of the donal's armor is nice. I've found my self finding great use for the Donal's Bracer of Mourning recently, with it's right-click pacify effect. Fairly rare drop from Sebilis disco area.

I also find use on occasion for my Manastone, especially in conjunction with the faithstone Galv mentioned. But these are more along the lines of rare, or impossible, to gather.

lol galv!!!

that is exactly why i purchased faith stone. was because of ToFS. it is a very long run ( i am too cheap to get ride when i go off farming, as i feel that defeats it, i then have to farm to pay for ride lol). so i got me the faith stone. it is great, drops me in rivervale. i just wish they lower the cast on it. besides that, it is invaluble.

only other clicky i have is my epic clicky :-) and it as you know has a GREAT!!! effect!!! seems i get lots of requests for it ;-)

~Keyera

Keyera
    105 cleric
    Undivided Faith
    Drinal

Sprinting over the fields, swinging a mighty hammer, cometh Keyera! And she gives a bloodthirsty roar:

"I'm going to bludgeon you into the stuff of nightmares!"

I have a few things nothing I call really big but something I have used regularly, I have a helmet that cast Deadeye(see invible and infravision) Mask that cast fear. As for the future i Want upgrades not sure yet though, but helmet is great for me especially for being a human so I am not to blind, just whish it had ultravison..but hey that is what stained cloth masks are for now lol.

Peace

Khanntus Saintheart
    60 Cleric

What are the names of the items Khanntus?

And here's another piece of equipment. For some it would be worn, for others not: Prelate Rubicite Helm. It has a clickable root spell that has a 4.5 second cast on it. Slow, true. But a free root is free root. Especially if those extra 2 seconds don't matter. The helm has over 20 AC in it, 5 wis and mana. So, for many, it would be a good piece of equipment regardless of the root.

But, as a nice bonus, the effect is not contingent on the user wearing the helm. So, stick it in that empty slot, set up a hotkey, and root away.
    Galvatist Goodhealer
    63 Faithful Years

Galv's Temple

Some items that help us be "more independant" :

Levitate Items ~

Shield of Striding ~ This is a *great* item, which drops in the Upper Throne Room, of Cazic Thule. Can be cast from Inventory, and has no charges.

Pegasus Feather Cloak ~ Old stand-by item, that's still great for use today. Most mages have stopped camping this on more "played out" servers. If you have access to a tracker, this isn't too hard to get, if you have patience.

10 Dose Potion of Antiweight ~ Most Bazaars have these for sale for about 200 plat. This + Bat Wings, gives you lev for those times you *really* need to have it. It's a great item to carry around.

Vial of Roiling Gas ~ This little item is also handy, as it needs no bat wings, and is insta-cast. This drops in Chardok, off a Named Undead near the Niblek area. Random drop, but fairly common.

Invisibility Items ~

Mask of Espionage ~ This is the result of the Traitors to the Validus Custodus quest. Yes, it *did* used to drop off Shadowed Men, hence how one of my alts happened to get one, but now it is quest only.

Cloudy Steel Mask ~ This item drops in Vex Thall, off of "Mini Aten". Very nice cleric item, and can be cast on other people. Absolutely *great* on PvP servers, as well as a great utility item.

Cloudy Potion ~ Basic, old standby. Even if you own a Gnomish Vanishing Device, it's always good to have these as an instant invis refresh in treacherous territory.

Cloak of the Undead Eye ~ This is a nice little item for those who don't have Improved Invis to Undead yet (due to level), or Invis to Undead AA skill. It can be cast from inventory, and is the result of the Sir Lindael's Testimony quest, in Neriak.

Prelate's Rubicite Bracer ~ Nice little item, with pretty decent stats. Can also be cast from inventory, so this makes it a nice utility item. Drops off sewer mobs in Cazic Thule.

Goblin Gazughi Ring ~ Drops of a Sarnak Courier, in Lake of Ill Omen. While Invis to Animals does have limited uses, it actually works for places like Plane of Storms, and Plane of Earth in a pinch.

Boots of the Mosquito ~ Can drop off the Named Mosquito in Cazic's Sewers. Castable from inventory.

Larrikan's Mask ~ Another old favorite, very easy to get, from Sebilis. Don't remembr the name of the mob, as it's been ages, but I suggest camping it, not buying it in Bazaar. Buying charged items in Bazaar usually ends up with you being short on charges/dead

Shrink Items ~

Yes, I include shrinking as a utility, because it's nice to be able to shrink on a raid, without having to grab a shaman/beastlord.

10 Dose Ant's Poton ~ Now you can also buy 10 Dose Army Ant's potion, which is group shrink. Very handy to carry around!

Bracer of the Shadow Hive ~ This drops in Vex Thall, off one of the Diabo Mobs, before you get to Thall Kelun area. Again, a very nice little utility item.

Anizok's Minimizing Device ~ Rechargable, like a GVD, but uses a Class-6 Mana Battery, instead of Class-5. Alot of guilds will pay out for the mana battery costs, as it helps get shrinking done for raids.

Vial of Shrieker Essence ~ Drops off Shrooms in Fungus Grove, and very handy to have around if you don't have any of the above items.

Snare/Root/Crowd Control ~

For Innoruuk Followers, of course there is the Regent Symbol of Innoruuk. For Tunare Followers, there is their Tunarian Symbol quest (for Root). Other items that aren't religion-based ~

Sap Encrusted Branch ~ Drops off Tunare, and is a combat proc, but still can be a nice utility, if used properly. Great on PvP servers.

Swollen Fungal Beast Gland ~ This item drops in a ring event in Fungus Grove, in the caves. Semi-rare, but nice item if you can get one!

Crystalline Silk Net ~ Drops in Crystal Caverns, off spiders.

Wooly Spider Silk Net ~ Another handy little item, this drops off the Ice Goblin Jailmaster, in Permafrost.

Prelate's Rubite Helm ~ Hand utility item, and can be cast from inventory, if I recall correctly. Drops in Cazic Thule, off a Tae Ew Convert.

Ring of Immobilization ~ Drops in Vex Thall, off Diabo mobs before Thall Kelun area. Very nice utility item.

Defender of the Ancestral Spirit ~ Drops off Chamberlain Escalardian, in the Plane of Air, PoP.

See Invis and Enduring Breath Items ~

Qeynos Badge of Nobility ~ Nice little quest item, an not a bad little neck item overall. It's the final result of the Qeynos Badge Quests.

Tiny Gold Fist ~ Result of the Aid Eino Quest, in PoKnowledge.

Runed Earring of Veracity ~ This is one of the steps in the Sigil Earring of Veracity quest.

Amulet of the Grey Wastes ~ Very easy quest item to obtain, from the Undead Snake Organ Quest, in Katta.

Ancient Fishing Pole ~ Drops in Siren's Grotto. Don't fish with this pole, however, because it can break /uhoh

Earring of Death ~ This drops as part of the Ring of Fire, in Acrylia Caverns. The ring, believed to be fixed finally, drops some really nice items throughout the event.

Enchanted Velium Mask ~ This is a result of the Reinforcements for The Tunarean Regiment quest, in Kael Drakkel.

Fish Gill Extract ~ This is found on Shaman Vendors, where you can buy Invis potions. This is a great thing to pick up if you need to do CR's. Needs no regent to make it work, and it eliminates the need for you to have to wait on someone else to EB you for a corpse run in some places.

Velium Blue Diamond Ring ~ This is the result of the 3rd part of the Aid Grimil Quest, or more poularly known as the "Master Tradeskiller" Quest. While the final results are indeed better, this is something you can make after you've completed the quest in full. (This assumes you don't have an EB item by this point, and suprisingly some poeple do not.)

Shissar Eye Earring ~ This drops off Revenant Zsshta, in the Grey.

Ring of the Sea ~ Nice little item that drops off Soqui the Forgotten, in Hate's Fury.

Imbued Shield of Paineel ~ This item drops in The Hole.

Knotted Turtlebone Ring ~ Fairly common drop off our friend, Lodizal.

There are tons more items which I did not list in these catagories, including Lodi's Shield, All of the Deep Sea Items from NToV, Fishbone Earring, Halo of the Enlightened, Tobrin's Eyepatch, and others, but you get the idea

This is just a small list of utility items. Gate items are also very nice to have, and we have a few available to us. Faithstones, Attuned Spire shard, PoK Gate Necklace, to name a few. Someone above mentioned the old favorite, Manastone, and that too, is a great utility item for the soloing cleric.

Some other items for utility are in the Cures Catagory.

Wand of Casual Blessings ~ Awesome item, and one you should snag should you have the opportunity!

Blackflame Sphere ~ Common as hell for those in Plane of Fire, and a very nice range item.

Earring of Purity ~ This item drops in Chardok, and can be very useful pre-Radiant Cure, and even after, as a back-up.

Shaded Cloak ~ This drops off Keeper of Sorrows, in Plane of Torment.

War Disciple's Focus ~ This drops off named in Plane of Tactics, and seems to be fairly common.

Armguard of Piety ~ These drop off Temerial, in Vex Thall. For us they weren't such a common drop, as we only got one set in our guild. They are castable from inventory, so well worth picking up if you are in VT.

Earring of Cleansing ~ Also a common Chardok Drop, and a handy little item.

Raptor Tooth Bauble ~ Very nice little item, which drops in Cazic Thule, off Terror Claw.

Shroud of Emerald Vines ~ This drops off High Priest, in Ssra.

Another utility that people overlook, is Dispel. Dispelling items have their place, and can be handy on PvP especially, but also on "Blue" servers. Some items with this as a "clicky" ~

Hoop of Emptiness ~ This drops from Arch Lich, in Ssra, and is a pretty nice earring, stat-wise.

Softly Glowing Lantern ~ This drops off named in Ssra Basement, in the Undead Mines. Fairly Common.

Also Pumice stones are a nice item to have around, and fall under "clicky dispel". There are also shaman-made potions that function well for this, too.

Anyway, that's my personal list of utility items. Alot of them are simple time-savers, spell-slot savers, or general raid tools, but all of them help clerics be less dependant on other classes, in my opinion.

I'm going to state the blatently obvious since no one else has..JBoots, or a horse. I would hope any cleric who could have these already does though.

I'd actually say Lizard is better than a horse, only for the fact that targetting is easier.

And yes, Jboots are the best outdoor insta-cast item any person could have. For indoors you can swap that with Shrunken Goblin earring, or Fearsome Sheild.

I did forget to add, Mana-regen items, which stack with FT. Things like Shawl of Awakenings, Twilight Shroud, Talisman of the Burrower. All great items to have, if you can get them.

Geez, Dyschord sure went into length on this one.

The items I wear that happen to have effects on them:
    Hoop of Emptiness - dispels, see Dyschord's post
    Crown of Rile - zing
    Kael legs and BP - 100 hp group heal and mark of karn
    Sharpened Dragon Scale - truesight
    I also have an extended range 3 item whose name eludes me atm. Focus effects are your friend.

Weapons I have (in roughly the order I got them):
    Rod of Virtue - nothing special anymore, but it's my 2hb
    Dain hammer - Arch Shielding (150 HP, 35 MR, does not stack with BAoR)
    Epic - duh.
    SoS - just resist gear at this point for me, but nice stats for someone getting into NToV
    Prismatic warhammer - avatar. Got this when the zone changed and we suddenly had primals coming out of our ears before we left the zone.
    FHoZ - the souped up version of the summoned hammer. What I use by default.
    Hammer of the Sun - dawncall (undead DoT), just a toy

Other stuff I carry (besides resist gear):
    Invis potions. I wouldn't live without them. I won't use other means of invisibility because the potions are instant casting. It's a pain to tie up a backpack, but it's worth it imho.
    Spyglass. My original right-click item. I just never got a new one.
    Anizok's Shrinking Device. As Dyschord said, shrinking is pretty important sometimes.
    Faithstone. Already discussed. Mine takes me to Felwithe, so I'm glad I never killed in PoG.
    Only the exceptions can be exceptional.

Friends don't let friends do tradeskills. (tm)

Another one I carry around: Blazing Vambracers. It drops off of ragefire and has an instant click 9pt damage shield. Big whoop, but an instant click is an instant click and the 20 FR is nice during appropriate times.
    Galvatist Goodhealer
    63 Faithful Years

Galv's Temple

Another item which is well worth having...

Gnomish Vanishing Device ~ This little tinkered item has 5 charges. It can be recharged using a Mana Battery Class 5, running about 25-50pp in bazaar, and a toolbox.

I recommend buying another tinkered item Collapsed Toolbox which shouldn't be too expensive. The point of this little thing is to have a toolbox at hand without taking up an inventory slot. So you stash it in a bag, and take it out to summon a toolbox whenever you need.

Then you pop your drained vanishing device and a mana battery Class 5 in the summoned toolbox and hit Combine. Now you're device is once more fully charged.

Let's say you manage to get the mana batteries at around 25pp a piece, and each gives you 5 charges. That should come out to a cost of about 5pp per cast, and if my memory services me right the Cloudy Potion runs about 12pp with a fair faction.

Just my 2cp.

*Edit: Wow, I just realized that the info on the Gnomish Vanishing Device was submitted to Lucy by me! Go Figure!

Bah.. Dwarfs have the best clicky ever!

Disciple Symbol of Brell Serilis
    MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO DROP
    Slot: NECK
    Charges: Unlimited
    AC: 5
    STA: +1 WIS: +2 MANA: +7
    Effect: Summon Holy Ale of Brell (Must Equip, Casting Time: 4.0)
    WT: 0.1 Size: TINY
    Class: CLR
    Race: DWF GNM
    Deity: Brell Serilis

It is quested and easy to do. And you can do the first part of the quest 2 times to get

Initiate Symbol of Brell Serilis
    MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO DROP
    Slot: NECK
    AC: 3
    WIS: +1 MANA: +3
    Effect: Strengthen (Must Equip, Casting Time: 4.0)
    WT: 0.1 Size: TINY
    Class: CLR
    Race: DWF GNM
    Deity: Brell Serilis

Which the Melee types like if you are partnered with one that cant Self BUff STR.

But!

Initiate Symbol of Innoruuk
    LORE ITEM MAGIC ITEM NO DROP
    AC: +3 Wis: +1 Mana: +3
    Weight: 0.1
    Classes: Shaman Cleric
    Races: Troll Dark Elf Human
    Deity: Innoruuk
    Inventory Slot: Neck

Effect: Weaken(1: Decrease STR by 15)
    Cast time 6.0

Disciple Symbol of Innoruuk
    AC: +5 Wis: +2 Int: +1 Mana: +7
    Inventory Slot: Neck

Effect: Siphion Strength (Strength Lifetap, Suck 10str out, give self 10str)
    Cast Time:6.0

Regent Symbol of Innoruuk
    AC: +7 Str: +2 Wis: +3 Mana: +15

Effect: Clinging Darkness (1: Decrease Hitpoints by 5 per tick 2: Decrease Movement by 30%)
    Type: Triggered

Nuff Said. I have all three and Use the third one still.
    Become a minion today! Fall to the cuteness of the kitties!
    So shonen it frikkin' hurts.
    "Matter flows from place to place and momentarily comes together to be you, Some people find that thought disturbing, I find the reality thrilling."
    - Dr Richard Dawkins

Well what about the halfling ones!

When I find them, I'll tell you about it.

I use a bracer of the hidden as my only clicky, couldnt find anything else I really needed, I'll probably pick up a vanishing device though.
    Venerable Torwin
    Retired High Priest of Bristlebane
    ~Shining Path~