Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Items that make us Independent and Versatile

Default Re: Items that make us Independent and Versatile

I swear by my Lodizal Shell Shield in my back slot. Great great item, enduring breath effect plus killer resists and AC. Not to mention the 10wis.

Also, try to keep AC in mind as a solo cleric. Having high armour class allowed me to do things that normally I wouldn't have been able to. For quite a few levels, I would solo in Dawnshroud using mostly melee. At around 825ac, the amount of damage I took from Zelniaks and shrooms was pretty negligable. Not that I was a tank, but you get the idea

I keep a Runed Mithiril Bracer on me as well for when I'm casting buffs for the Reagent Conservation III effect.. saves me about 1 peridot in 10. Adds up after a while!

Items I have in my clickie arsenal~

Donal's Leggings of Mourning. Not just a buff, I've used this to chain heal when oom and that little bit of healing would make the difference. Costly, but it's better than the alternative. However, it's rare when one of these will actually save your group. It would have to be a very close fight already...

Prelate's Rubicite Helm. Haven't played with it too much as I just got it a few days ago (After seeing it listed here, hehe) but I anticipate it making things much easier for me in the times to come, especially soloing in Guk (I do that a lot). Like Dyschord said, castable from inventory.

Green Ceramic Band. Pulling toy. Also castable from inventory.

Initiate Symbol of Brell Serilis. 10 str buff clickie. Must worship Brell Serilis to equip.

Disciple Symbol of Brell Serilis. Summons beer. Also must worship Brell. This is actually one of my favorite clickies, just for the drunken Dwarf roleplayability.

Silvery Mask. You never know when you may want to identify something.

Bracer of the Hidden. Insta-click dummy buff if nothing else. It has, on occasion, exposed attempted camp-jumpers, clued me in that I may have a train coming (If someone runs past you in say, Chardok while invis...they're gonna be running right back past you to get to zone with a train on their behind /rolleyes ), or other unforseen benefits. Good for when your group has to invis to move, no one's wasting mana/gem slots on see-invis.

Earring of Purity. Again, saves time and a gem slot. Clickie Counteract Disease is especially handy when fighting Shaman mobs with those annoying disease-based slows.

Water Sprinkler of the Forgiven. Another time saver. No more looking around in my spell book for Atone.

Faithstone of Underfoot. One of my most used clickies. For solo farming, selling for group, whatever. It's plain uber.

This is what I have. There's definitely more I plan to get. At least 4 more I'll be pursuing in the immediate future.
    Jarochai Alabaster
    55th Dwarven Cleric
    Brell Serilis

New to this forum, just browesing but i figure i stick my two cp in on this one.

Sigil Earring - Right Click Instant Acumen. IMO the best thing u can get, sta regen, see ivnis, ultra vision. this thing owns in dark places ie VT type zones, and the insta click buff is great for dispells.

Shawl of Awakenings - 5 pnt mana regen stacks with kei ect cant beat it.

Greaves of Vengeful Fury - Right Click Summon our trustly but gimped -pet hammer has the dps of a lvl 2 war but pushes mobs alot great for soloing ect awsome for PvP against casters as it is 100% magic resistant.

Cloudy Steel Mask Invis been said alot here.

Epic - ofcourse

Runed Shell necklace - for EB as i dont have EP hat yet ;p

Army Ant Potion- every cleri should carry one for raids, shrink your groups, nothin worse than that huge ogre pushin u around in PoWater.

Fishermans Companion - Free fishing Rod, free Booze what mroe do u want? i'll tell u somethign that summons bait ;p

and last but not least the faithstone - said enough great for farming or in my case being the group porter for sseru bind at zone port group gate back get more, after raid everyone TL's out i gate back to felwithe and rebind in PoT.

Celwen Bukbuk
    65 Cleric
    Officer of The Celestial Rapture
    Kane Balye
    www.kane-bayle.com
    Magello= 485805 ( will have link too tired to set up sig)

Pretty much all mine were covered, I use:

Bracer of the Hidden (right click invis, can hit others, good for junk on charmed pet in a dispel fight)
    Green Ceramic Band (click for 8 dmg nuke, 3 seconds, for pulling)
    Blackstar, Mace of Night in AE fights where I can't hide from the AE, also proc affected by AAs (I proc for 124, crit for 24
    Donal's Bracer of Mourning for pacify when cutting through a 55- dungeon
    Shrunken Goblin Skull Earring for right click junk buff, but overwritten by yaulp line just FYI
    Pegasus Feather Cloak - available for sale for about 30k on Firiona Vie due to rules set (not nodrop there).
    10 Dose Blood of the Wolf - yeah, sometimes run3 is just not fast enough, especially when pulling sometimes.
    both chardok earrings mentioned above (for curing poison or disease. better than pure blood on charmed pets because you don't want to cure tash on the pet)
    Cloudy Potions for invis - because they're instant. When you see yourself appearing in the middle of a wing full of giants in Bastion of Thunder, you don't have 5 seconds... using an instant potion keeps you invis without getting seen. The downside is inventory space, of course.

and a couple I didn't see above

Greaves of Vengeful Fury (right click hammer pet, would never use that pet if not for these greaves)
    Crown of Deceit gives the wood elf illusion but with the added benefit of ultravision (like dark elves get). Good for height to see things, jump over higher ledges, and to see better.

I probably forgot a couple too, but they'd be hiding in my magelo if I did

Oh yeah another big one,

Girdle of Rapidity for 31% haste in melee, drops as rare drop off the named guy next to the banker in Chardok.

Edit(s): I forgot:

Halo of the Enlightened for stats and see-invis worn effect
    Breastplate of Forbidden Rites for nice free Mark of Karn
    Greaves of Forbidden Rites for right-click group heal. They were nice for healing up after rezzing the group, while sitting on a horse/lizard to get mana back while healing, but I don't wear them anymore because of the pet-click on ornate greaves
    Spirit Wracked Cord add 10 ATK and 2 points of regen when worn, not too bad especially when meleeing (and 100hp and 5sta don't hurt).
    Last edited by Gravely; 07-18-2003 at 08:12 PM.

Gravely Mistaken
    Gravely
    Firiona Vie's LEWT H00RS Magelo

Just to add on the Blazing Vambrances that drop off of Ragefire: It stacks with Mark of Retribution. I have not tried it yet with Mark of Karn cuz i dont have that spell yet. LEVELS will get me there.

That makes a total DS of 24pts, WTH, Clerics cant solo? with my SOULSTRIPPER (proc 78pt lifetap) and my blazing vambrances i can solo DBs usually with no problem (old world of course, like KC)

Pomedic Battledorf
    54 Cleric of Brell
    Lanys
    http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=737223

You should get an 8th or 9th coldain ring, Pomedic, to add another stackable 8 points of damage shield to that. Really good writeups on the quest at http://www.monkly-business.com/ specifically at http://www.monkly-business.com/artic...ArticleNum=109 (or go to Quests: General and scroll down to "Coldain Ring Walkthrough - Part 1".

It's a nice right-click item and works indoors, too. If you get the 9th ring version at some point, the stats-hit isn't so bad, at least on the hitpoints, either.

Wood Elves do not get ultravision. The get infravision.

Spirit Wracked Cord is an insanely annoying quest, and not one I would recommend any caster besides maybe a necro attempt.

I tend to pull with MoR since it's low-aggro and rather long range, so a right-click Strike isn't terribly helpful.

Girdle of Rapidity is a valid choice but I honestly have never seen one for sale, and I only fought down to the camp where it drops once, only to have to evac half an hour later. I sub in a pair of Crystal Chitin Hand Wraps. Sells for about 4k on my server.
    Only the exceptions can be exceptional.

Friends don't let friends do tradeskills. (tm)

Thanks Gravely, i will look into that, i have been working on the shawl, for the FTIII, and another DS clicky would be fun to have too Since i am the only suicidal tanking cleric i know of on Lanys.....
    http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=737223

The most usefull item I have ever had as far as independance is my Ring of Immobilization. It allows me to solo HoH and not blow mana on roots. Plus the ring is almost done casting by the time you fully recover to cast a normal spell if you click as soon as your spell lands. That and a Water sprinkler of the Forgiven allow for fixing the ever so fun pacification snafu.

Another great item is the Blazing Vambraces of Fenin Ro found on our old pal Ragefire can't nock a targetable dmg sheild. I use these all the time. Hell it reduced my kill time on the Priest of Discord by several minutes. Plus its great for power lvling friends and twinks.

Dyshcord's list is a pretty good summary
    Last edited by Alrek; 08-18-2003 at 12:40 AM.

As a gnome, I love pieces from my Clockwork Observer Armor, particularly the helm, which gives Battery Vision (see invis) and the breastplate (clicky invis). Of course these are only gnome wearable, and we all know of the sad shortage of gnomish clerics.

The legs from the Donal's set are nice in the dungeons -- they do a clicky Symbol of Naltron. It's not as good as some other buffs, but it's been good to throw on a tank who's just had all his cleric buffs dispelled and I'm LOM. (Plus they're just darned nice pants - AC: +26 Str: +8 Sta: +8 Wis: +8 HP: +30 Mana: +30).

I always carry a 10-dose Potion of Antiweight (I'm not a good swimmer).

As a shortie I also carry around a few "tall people" potions ... Essence Of (X) that will make me into a taller toon. This is because in some dungeons it can be very hard to get around with short legs; I got stuck on the stairs in Crystal Caverns once and it killed me. I prefer these to "grow" potions because size large gnomes just look all kinds of wrong. Even going to the relatively smaller but still taller-than-a-gnome dark elf works well, since DEs also have ultravision.

I just acquired a Lodizal shield, as I plan to start camping Lord Bergurgle soon and I've been asked to a Kedge raid.

Of course, my faithstone is great, even if it DOES take me to the wrong guild.

I'm definitely going to look for the rooting clickies.

...Mille

Venerable Milletoux Fleau'chevilles, 66 Gnome Cleric of Bertoxxulous
    Stuff I loot before I rez myself

AKA: Csimene Penombra, 64 Epic Human Mage of Innoruuk
    Stuff she loots when someone else rezzes her

The legs from the Donal's set are nice in the dungeons -- they do a clicky Symbol of Naltron. It's not as good as some other buffs, but it's been good to throw on a tank who's just had all his cleric buffs dispelled and I'm LOM. (Plus they're just darned nice pants - AC: +26 Str: +8 Sta: +8 Wis: +8 HP: +30 Mana: +30).
    I was on a VS raid and I lost the roll on those. Normally I don't get upset for losing a roll, but the Cleric who won them kept breaking our CH chain and I kept having to compensate for her.

-M
    Merrybrook d`Zoiks
    Priestess of Tunare
    Bristlebane

Blazing Vamb + MoR = Dueling fun!

One of my favorite clicky items is Crown of Deciet which like previously mentioned is Fier'dal (wood elf with UV) i get mistook for a pally all the time . Another one of my favorites is our Ornate bp, so nice not to have to mem BoR everytime someone asks you!

As a gnome, I love pieces from my Clockwork Observer Armor, particularly the helm, which gives Battery Vision (see invis) and the breastplate (clicky invis). Of course these are only gnome wearable, and we all know of the sad shortage of gnomish clerics.
    Yep yep, I love my Clockwork Observer Armor. As you say, the BP has clicky invis. The legs have a clicky 40% sow. I have a Bracer of the Hidden, so I don't need the helm for that, though I do want to get the helm for the stats. I can't remember right now what the vambraces do. The bracers (which totally rock for the stats and resists) proc a 6/30 1hb Tinker Wrench.

I carry around a 10 dose titan potion for those occasions when being in a gnome-unfriendly place makes navigation difficult, and cloudy potions for insta-click invis in case invis starts dropping in an inconvenient place. I never got jboots -- didn't have the time for the camp. But I'm working on Run3 instead and my greaves proc is faster than jboots anyways.

I want a pegasus feather cloak. Then I won't have to pester Da Ranja for floaties. And I'll be almost completely independent and versatile!

Unfortunately, I'm still pretty helpless when nakies. *sigh*
    Binkin Anklebane, Exemplar of Bristlebane
    click epic + CH + Virt = less mana than keeping you alive

Some of these were already mentioned, but the items I keep bagged with me for utility are:

Epic
    Invis potions
    Gnomish vanishing device
    Water Sprinkler of the Forgiven (clickable atone)
    Donals BP (clickable CH)
    Kael Legs (clickable group heal)
    Gnomish Shrink Device
    SoW potions
    Horsie

Human/Erud cleric only:
    Terror Forged Mask (right-click fear)
    Fright Forged Helm (instantclick deadeye -- infravision and see invis)

And if I can ever get that silly pegasus cloak......grr @ leggings.

-Fuz

I've been trying to build up useful little items like this, but I can't for the life of me find an application for the clicky atone. When on earth do you use something with such a long cast time?