Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Temperance Quest spoiler

Default Temperance Quest spoiler

This was posted as a reply to the thread Temperance. DON'T READ THIS IF YOU WANT TO FIGURE OUT THE QUEST YOURSELF!!

Spell: Temperance Quest Walkthrough

First of all. These spells are nodrop, and you have to be a cleric for the quest guy to even talk to you. The quest seems to take place only in the new zones, so make your way out there.

The quest guy is named Millivs Darkwater and he hangs out near the lighthouse in Gunthak. He's an Erudite Paladin.

He will give you the quest when hailed.

What he wants is "a Deepwater emblem". It looks like a ring. The drop can be gotten in the Dulak Harbor zone, and it's assumed random drop from any mob in the zone, but I have heard it drops off "a Stormwave deck hand" in this zone. Just kill everything until you get it. /cool

Once you have the Deepwater emblem go back to Millivs Darkwater and hand it in to him. He will give you "Alina's Emblem" and tell you to take it to alina's spirit.

The spirit you seek is actually called "an Erudite Spirit" and it spawns randomly on the beach in Gunthak. You get to the beach by jumping in the water and swimming into on of the caves. I belive this is a random spawn and it will not be KOS to you. Everything else is though, so watch your back. All greenies to me at lvl 63, but very aggressive and it's easy to cause a train, so move with caution.

Once you turn in "Alina's Emblem" to "an Erudite Spirit" you will get your copy of Temperance and a tad experience!

Erudite spirit is a random spawn on a 15-20 minute timer at loc -840, -675, next to a shipwreck on the beach. Male erudite is for the pally quest, female erudite at this location is for temperance.

Default Re: Temperance Quest spoiler

After you get Aegolism, why would you need to complete this quest?
    Toughas Iron
    High Priest of Brell
    The Seventh Hammer

Yay I can't believe my luck...... am 42, was down in Dulak dinkin around with a friend who likes to farm there, we got one of the emblems, so on the way out I turned it in... turned it in and not 30 seconds later some tracker yells that both spirits were up...... very stoked =)

Crun

Toughas said in post #3 :
    After you get Aegolism, why would you need to complete this quest?
    Because Aegolism, can't be casted on people level 45 and under. Temperance is the best hp/ac buff for characters 45 under.

Anyway, you never know when it may come in handy.
    Voelfgar Fireforge
    Last People of the Dragon
    63rd Bartender of Brell
    The Rathe

Guild Rep to The Rathe Travel Agency

Jarvis said in post #1 :
    What he wants is "a Deepwater emblem". It looks like a ring. The drop can be gotten in the Dulak Harbor zone, and it's assumed random drop from any mob in the zone, but I have heard it drops off "a Stormwave deck hand" in this zone. Just kill everything until you get it. /cool
    Yep, can drop off pretty much anything along the docks. I get them off of boat engineers most, but I have gotten them from scrubbers, fisherman, and yes...deckhands.

I've never seen them drop off treasure sorters, scouts, tavern wenches, etc, but I also don't hunt them as much.

I have never seen one drop in the armory, and I have kept that thing clear for hours. I suspect, therefor, that it will drop off the more nautical type mobs along the waterfront.

They used to drop all the time, along with gems. I suspect the rates have been nerfed, though, as all decent loot and spell quest drops seem to be less frequent when I am there now. That could just be me, though.

The Female Spirit:

If you stand with teh HateWracked (or whatever his name is) Sailor along the left wall, you can see her spawn point.

As you stand next to him, facing out into the zone, look at the large boat off to your left. The one that isn't up against a wall. Just before it, you will see a smaller boat broken in half. See that? Okay, you are in the right spot. Now look at the large boat again. There is one, and only one, mob that spawns along it's hull. If you have your clip plane set out all the way, you can probably see it. That will eiether be a skeleton, or your spirit. You only need to clear the PH...after many, many times, I feel confident in saying that you do not need to worry about the skeletons under the water.

If you don't want to mess with anything else, you can go camp that one spot, and ignore everything around it. There are no wandering mobs here.

I usually keep the sailor company, however, and clear the area....gets boring otherwise.

Once again, as you stand with him...see that rock to your left? Step around it and look south. See that ship up against the wall? I'm told a named mob pops there, but I've never seen him. Ignore that for now. See that group of three or 4 undead? That is where the Male Spirit spawns for the Paladin Epic. Yes, they can both be up at once. I have seen it several times. You do not need to kill him to get your turn in done, and you will just be messing it up for some Paladin if you do.

"Oh merciful Tunare, even though I have personally rammed a sword into your oversized breast and looted your broken corpse about 3 times this month alone, please grant me the ability to heal faster! I offer you this piece of crap item I looted off an orc I was able to kill blindfolded. I hope you like it."
    Dobbanz on Lanys, discussing the new Tribute System

okay so i just kill the place holder over and over and over untill i see her spawn? greatfun...

<rolls eyes>

Battering said in post #7 :
    okay so i just kill the place holder over and over and over untill i see her spawn? greatfun...

&lt;rolls eyes&gt;
    Heh, it aint no Gimpy or Gurgle. 2 hours is the lingest I have waited, and there are PLENTY of undead in the area to keep you occupied.

Oh, also...far north east corner, as you swim toward it, look for a ship almost in the water. In that area between the beached ship and the wall are 3 or 4 spawns. One of them is a PH for a named Troll Zombie who drops a really decent bow. If the mobs are somewhat trivial to you, wander up and down the east wall killing everything between PH spawns. He was really no tougher than a high end normal mob. He went down pretty quick to Mr. Kamakazi and Duhikae.

The spawn info for that named skelly I mentioned earlier is here. Haven't seen him yet, so I don't know how tough he is. I mostly got the bow because I was pulling most of the East wall and he happened to spawn. Gave it to a rogue in my guild. Now I need to go get one for my rogue.

"Oh merciful Tunare, even though I have personally rammed a sword into your oversized breast and looted your broken corpse about 3 times this month alone, please grant me the ability to heal faster! I offer you this piece of crap item I looted off an orc I was able to kill blindfolded. I hope you like it."
    Dobbanz on Lanys, discussing the new Tribute System

sounds like fun

and IMHO 2 hours is a friggin long time. ill shoukd bring my copy of Xenocide to read... i could probably finish it ;-)

those of you who get the Xenocide joke, you rawk

I was wondering, can a 46 Cleric do this quest solo? If not what type of group should I get together?
    Udidar
    Officer in Da Troll Patrol on Veeshan

You can do it, but you will spend most of your time shouting for the Deepwater Emblem. It drops often. Bring some invis potions to Dulak with you so you dont train the people who killed it. The mobs that drop your piece will be kind of tough at 46. The rest of it is cakewalk for you.

Cool thx for the info I will keep you posted to when I get it
    Udidar
    Officer in Da Troll Patrol on Veeshan

Battering said in post #9 :
    sounds like fun

and IMHO 2 hours is a friggin long time. ill shoukd bring my copy of Xenocide to read... i could probably finish it ;-)

those of you who get the Xenocide joke, you rawk
    If you think 2 hours is long, then you would have gone nuts camping it with me. My husband (warrior) and I sat at that spot killing her place holder for 2 DAYS!! On the first day we were there for 4 hours straight, and the next day we were there for 6 HOURS before she ever spawned!!!! And just my luck, the cleric that was waiting for the spawn after us got it on the very next spawn after I did my turn in!!! /sigh Oh and yeah, it is a 20 minute spawn.

I am sure this will be disregarded just like all the Ancient Cyclops theories. But after doing this twice, I've decided What the hell!

First time I went with Agmy to get the spell, I camped for the ghost for like 6 hours and gave up. Did some research the next day and found a post on castersrealm about killing an undead skelli under water at the wreck. So I tried it and BAM she pops. Couple weeks later, friend of mine asks me to help her get her a copy of the spell. So, off we go, at the Ghost part of the quest, we kill the PH run down under water kill the underwater skelli and wait back at the PH spot for the ghost. Next spawn, POP there she was. Maybe I was lucky twice /shrug, While your waiting what else ya got to do. so give it a shot.

heres the quote of the quest I used...

There is a Skelly that spaws at the loc of the erudite ghost spawn (-840, -675) make sure to
    keep it dead. Head out to the waterline and go to loc -22, -520 (underwater in sunken boat)
    and kill whatever spawns there (Can be any undead including the Skeletal Captain)... ~20
    minutes later the Erudite Ghost has a chance to spawn at -840, -675

Agmyleez said it. When I did this quest, that is what I read and followed as well. (kill the underwater mob at that location). The PH spawned for me in about 45 minutes if I remember correctly.