Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Temperance Quest spoiler

Default Re: Temperance Quest spoiler

Phixin said in post #30 :
    You got lucky on the spirit being up, but everything else is good.
    Yup he got very lucky!

I did this quest last night. The spoiler is right on. I spent 20 minutes killing in Dulak Harbor before someone sent me a tell that they had an emblem I could loot. I traded a few buffs for it. I killed 2 of the skellie PHs before I got the chick spirit to spawn.

I got bored in Gunthak so I started pulling trains and AEing them. I was up to 25 mobs ae'ing solo. Then I brought 4 friends over and had a paladin help me pull most of the plunderers (had to be at least 50 mobs in those 2 trains). We brought them all to the ae spot and blew them away. Unfortunately I died horribly as 50 mobs decided to wail on me and I couldn't get a heal or DA off LOL.. I had burned both celestial regen and BDA just getting back to camp (they stun a lot). It was a lot of fun though!

-Fuz

Sigh, she not he... =)- i guees your rite, but i thought the spirit spawned when hand in was done? If not, i guess i got extremely lucky, she was jus rite where the spoiler said. All and all , got Temp and im happy, thank you all for your inputs that helped me do my Temp spell quest with ease

Sorry Fixyaup MT didn't mean to de-sex ya

No the spirit does not spawn when you do the turn in. You were just plain lucky

Fixyaup MT said in post #29 :
    Was very simple to do, in fact you can jus go to the zone, sit and invis, /ooc that you looking for the Emblem.... Wasnt long i was looting it and heading to do the turn in, once you do the turn in , get lev,sow,and invis! Then head for the beach where all the shipwrecks are, she (the spirit ) will be spawned and jus hand the turn in to her....was a whole hour from start to finish...surprised me... It helps to have a druid for evac puposes, but really dont need as long as Invis is up and working .

Fixyaup
    You can actually do the turn in without invis rather easily. beach just to the right of the ship near the left wall, and run on up. There are mobs between you and the spirit, but easy to avoid if you watch for them.

Of course, what fun is that?

"Oh merciful Tunare, even though I have personally rammed a sword into your oversized breast and looted your broken corpse about 3 times this month alone, please grant me the ability to heal faster! I offer you this piece of crap item I looted off an orc I was able to kill blindfolded. I hope you like it."
    Dobbanz on Lanys, discussing the new Tribute System

Jus the same, invis,lucky,or not... quest done and again, thank you for your input

Can the quest be completed before your able to memorize the spell? I was thinking of going to Dulak's for xp, maybe in a few levels and thought, maybe I would start this sooner.
    For blue of stream and blue of sky,
    Tunare we thank thee.
    For pleasant shade of branches high,
    Tunare we thank thee
    For fragrant air and cooling breeze,
    For the beauty of the blooming trees,
    Mother of All, we thank thee.

Nathale Voronwe Cleric of Tunare
    Fingwe Galadhrim Warder of Tunare

I dont see why it wouldnt work. Give it a try. It's easy enough to redo, as the emblem drop is very common.

Nathale, the answer to your question is YES. You can get the spell as soon as you're able but will not be able to memorize the spell into your spellbook until you're at the appropriate level.
    Full fathom five thy father lies
    Of his bones are coral made...

Aspenelder ~ 66 Cleric of Prexus
    Officer of Dark Tranquility

Phixin said in post #38 :
    I dont see why it wouldnt work. Give it a try. It's easy enough to redo, as the emblem drop is very common.
    Yep, had mine banked at 30.

"Oh merciful Tunare, even though I have personally rammed a sword into your oversized breast and looted your broken corpse about 3 times this month alone, please grant me the ability to heal faster! I offer you this piece of crap item I looted off an orc I was able to kill blindfolded. I hope you like it."
    Dobbanz on Lanys, discussing the new Tribute System

nice bit of info .. thanks will help when im rdy to do the questing ..

I've read so much about this quest and still am not sure of all the details but...
    Go to the west dock in Dulak and kill the gnome sailors hanging out there till you get the deepwater emblem.
    Go back to the lighthouse and talk to the Erudite dude and give him the emblem and he gives you a different emblem.
    Then go back to the beach in Gunthak and kill the skelly at -860, -660 up against the shipwreck, then wait for the female Erudite spirit to respawn in that spot. ( 20 minutes sounds about right )
    Give her the emblem, she gives you the spell ( no-drop )
    If the skelly respawns don't panic, just try again. Don't overthink this quest.

As far as the first emblem in Dulak, it would be more than "kind of tough" for a level 46 cleric to get. GET SOME HELP or just go to the zone and ask on ooc, not like you're the first cleric to ever look for it and most likely nobody hunting here has any use for it. Just hang out and watch the ooc, I'm sure someone will link it sooner or later.

RioRick17 said in post #42 :
    I've read so much about this quest and still am not sure of all the details but...
    Go to the west dock in Dulak and kill the gnome sailors hanging out there till you get the deepwater emblem.

(snip)

As far as the first emblem in Dulak, it would be more than "kind of tough" for a level 46 cleric to get. GET SOME HELP or just go to the zone and ask on ooc, not like you're the first cleric to ever look for it and most likely nobody hunting here has any use for it. Just hang out and watch the ooc, I'm sure someone will link it sooner or later.
    I was whacking the mobs around the fort in Gunthak for the Pure Blood quest last night, and to my surprise a deepwater emblem dropped. You could have knocked me over with a feather. So apparently you can hunt around the fort for that, but I don't know how rare it is.

At 46, you can do a lot of stuff in Dulak easily with just about any 60+ melee. (I was killing dock mobs at 43 with a 62 ranger, we never had any problem.)
    Binkin Anklebane, Exemplar of Bristlebane
    click epic + CH + Virt = less mana than keeping you alive

We camped this for a cleric in my mage's guild the other night...we learned a new secret courtesy of another guild member...there are 2 PH's...yes you read that right...2 PH's. One is the savage skeletal sailor that spawns next to the ship on the beach in the spot where she spawns, the other is under water at neg 22 neg 560 in a ship hull and is called a deadly skeletal sailor. Kill the one on the beach first, then the one in the water, and voila next spawn will be her. We did this 3 times in a row for 3 different clerics and it worked everytime.
    Last edited by Tyaia; 03-10-2004 at 01:29 PM.

I got my temp last night and it was pretty easy except for the run from gunthak to dulak. I trained everything that was around it was really funny. I brought a SK with me and I got soe before i left and when I got to the zone it was on the ship waiting for me. I trained to the boat and trained back to the zone. Extremely funny!! Then the spirit spawned after 15 mins of killing. I'm only 43 now but 3 more yellows and I'll be casting happily. Oh yeah!!!