Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Temperance Quest spoiler

Default Re: Temperance Quest spoiler

I had another cleric with me that needed the spell but already had the emblem. As i was killing in Dunlak to get the emblem he killed the PH. the next pop in 20 min, the Spirit spawned and he turned in his emblem and got the spell, the Spirit despawned. It took me another 15 min to get the emblem to drop. on the way back to the lighthouse to turn the emblem in the Spirit SPAWNED AGAIN. Thats right only killed one PH and the spirit Spawned TWICE. Don't know if i was just lucky or what but i will take it anyway i can get it.
    Zzirus Vvirus
    The Melee Cleric that likes to nuke. (If I am FoM...hehe)

How do i get to dulak harbor and gunthark (dont know much about getting around)

The best way is to get a port to stonebrunt.

In stonebrunt, if you follow the shore East from where you zone in, there's a big boat. Click on the door of that boat, and you'll zone into Gunthak. Gunthak is attached to Dulak, through a cave system. I highly recommend using invis to get through the caves.
    Moonsorrow Nocturne
    High Elven Cleric of Tunare
    51st Circle
    Guild Member of Anzac
    My Shiny Armor

wizard Re: Temperance Quest spoiler

I completely agree about getting inviz for the trip to Dulak. Very easy to get killed in the caves. You can buy cloudy potions (inviz) at the lighthouse in Gunthak Harbor for 12pp each if I remember correctly.

The hardest part of the quest for me was getting the Deepwater Emblem in Dulak. There were very few people hunting the zone so my /ooc calls to loot the emblem went unanswered. I took some mid 40s friends with me (SK, Ranger and Mage) and we had a bit of a tough time fighting our way aboard the boat to get the emblem and getting back out was worse.

I ended up waiting about 2 hours for the female spirit to spawn on the beach at Gunthak. I just kept killing the placeholder skellie beside the boat and she finally appeared. The temperance spell is worth all the trouble. It's the best HP and AC buff for everyone below level 45, and you can make some nice plat selling it.
    Full fathom five thy father lies
    Of his bones are coral made...

Aspenelder ~ 66 Cleric of Prexus
    Officer of Dark Tranquility

can you stickie this thread? it has good info =)

Consider it stuck

I've done this quest about 9 times now, betwen myself and a whole slew of clerics looking for help. Only one time did I bother killing the underater skellies...and I rather doubt anyone else was killing them, as most people kill on the beach, if at all.

In short, they seem to have nothing to do with the female spirit spawning. On the other hand, you really do have to do something to keep yourself occupied, so if that is what you want to do...knock yourself out. It isn't like it is going to slow down her appearence. Me, I'd rather clean the beach.

I'd just hate for someone to think they can't get the spell yet because it is too hard to go take on the skellies underwater. If you can solo one 35 or so skellie, you can do this quest, alone, no other fighting necessary (once you have the emblem).

"Oh merciful Tunare, even though I have personally rammed a sword into your oversized breast and looted your broken corpse about 3 times this month alone, please grant me the ability to heal faster! I offer you this piece of crap item I looted off an orc I was able to kill blindfolded. I hope you like it."
    Dobbanz on Lanys, discussing the new Tribute System

Ty for the help.. My friend has a cleric, (which is who inspired me to make one) he had to camp there for 2 days just like Pheonia.. He said it was boring, but his friends got it quicker than him... Sometimes your luck just runs out. *sigh

teh experienced n00blet

Ok been reading this all day stuck at work. I'm going for it tonight. Loading my main parking my cleric close so he can loot the emblem, calling in a few favors and destroying Dulak StormWave boat. Will let ya know how it goes.

Heinlein Featherwind Magelo

Woot! Got my copy today. Only had to kill one PH. So I've already used up my luck for the new year.

Xabu's Currently Boycotted Members of "The Establishment": Avondale Dodge, AQUACO, Best Buy, Danon Waters, Happy Sumo, Sparkletts

Hey Man! Here's my righteous gear! Hey is that RUST?!?!

Heh, you should have seen the look on my face when I went to camp the PH, and the Erudite spirit was up.
    Moonsorrow Nocturne
    High Elven Cleric of Tunare
    51st Circle
    Guild Member of Anzac
    My Shiny Armor

Helped a cleric friend of mine get Temp the other day.. spirit spawned on 5th cycle. Is cool though, I made almost a full level of xp on my 42 shammy doing it.

Woot I got so lucky.
    ABout an hour on the stormwave, wham got the emblem.
    Gated back to do turn in, friend running back from Dulak tells me the female is up.
    Turn in the emblem and I got my spell.

Heinlein Featherwind Magelo

Was very simple to do, in fact you can jus go to the zone, sit and invis, /ooc that you looking for the Emblem.... Wasnt long i was looting it and heading to do the turn in, once you do the turn in , get lev,sow,and invis! Then head for the beach where all the shipwrecks are, she (the spirit ) will be spawned and jus hand the turn in to her....was a whole hour from start to finish...surprised me... It helps to have a druid for evac puposes, but really dont need as long as Invis is up and working .

Fixyaup

You got lucky on the spirit being up, but everything else is good.