Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where to Fight (lvl 60 - 65) PoP

I'd have to say the best experience in the Tier 1 planes is the Hobgoblin caves in PoN. Not for the faint of heart or inattentive, mobs are plentiful and many wander. You need a very good group and everyone needs to be on their toes at all times. In early PoP when we'd do the caves we'd try for a group make up of chanter, heavy tank, heavy dps, evacer, and two clerics. We did caves plenty with a not-so-optimum group make up, however. Parchment drops were good back then, but I don't know if anything's been done to the drop rate, I don't really play there any longer. If Verant could be trusted to stick to the risk v. reward system, the caves would easily have the highest drop rate.

Default XP

Almost anywhere in POV is great XP. Yesterday at LC 4 AAS in 8 hours yes it was a grind but cant beat that for xp. Courtyards are bad for trains because peeps in zones have no regard for those they pass as they run their skinny little butts away.

Rats in CoD are great exp. Have had fun there with a group of just clerics

Tactics, in the pit, was awesome until too many people got access.

My current favourite is PoE where I get 4% a kill with a full group, pull to zone in case you need to make a quick exit. Can get an aaxp in about 40 minutes with a good group

The problem with determining where is best to lvl at 60-65 is more related to which flags you have.
    ExArch Bifar Fiddlesticks, Archon
    Dawnraiders, Venril Sathir

Check me out on Magelo

The problem with determining where is best to lvl at 60-65 is more related to which flags you have.
    Exactly.

I spent most of my exp time in Halls of Honor (2-boxing an enchanter, 1 aa every 28 minutes), or in Plane of Fire/Earth, with a group.

I can't even comment on exp in the most common places, like PoV, because I leveled to 65, and never went back. PoV wasn't crowded then, max number of people was maybe 10, at peak times.

I will say Crypt of Decay was one of my favorite spots to group/trio. It's small, but you can get a decent dungeon crawl going in there.

HoH undead mobs (blue armors) in the SE basement are great aa exp solo.. 6% per.. You need Hammer of Souls, and 2 undead dots....
    Traves Afk
    Prexus Archon
    One Seksi Mofo
    Keepers of the Faith

Not sure how you'd use Hammer of Souls, these hit for 508 so I wouldn't want to melee one. I think Traves means Hammer of the Sun. And no, you don't need a Hammer of the Sun - although it does help considerably. If you're a dark elf, a Regent Symbol of Innoruuk also rocks. What you DO need is level 65, a reasonable mana pool and a decent flowing thought count.

Personally I would go for the Valorous Spirits, which are white in colour and they aren't actually in the SE basement. To find them, first get invis, then zone into HoH and follow the left hand wall until you reach the three Wrulons. Just past the three Wrulons, move into the building and set up in one corner; nothing will path to the corners there.

Load up Pacification, Sound of Might, Tarnation, Petrifying Earth, Sermon of Penitence, Epitaph of Life, a heal, and gate for if things go wrong. Use pacify to single-pull one, root it, and then stack up the DOT's until it dies.

I've also done this camp duo with a necromancer, which trivializes it totally.
    Retired

Default Re: Where to Fight (lvl 60 - 65) PoP

A rather unknown place for xp is the hobgoblin caves in PoN (all lefts in the caves). There are lots of places in there where you can get a fair bit of level 64 mobs to kill, easily slowable too, and the mobs are either SKs or warriors and none of them have crazy dispelling or FD procs.
    Visit the REAL Everquest Cleric site.

You could always be a really big hard ass, you could always just get elemental flagged and kill in PoFire or PoEarth. The exp there is really nice and loot can be sweat if a ****ing named ever pops! /grr Or you could join the other half of the world in BoT, with well, the other half of the world.

-Dorf

BoT is KC 3.0, trains right on schedule. Nice loot, good exp,killer trains.
    Maosess CorpusInvictus
    70 Priestess of The Tribunal

If you are able get flagged, I would highly suggest Bastion of Thunder. It is a great place to hunt and a lot of chances for ethereal and spectral parchments to drop. If you're past the shallow camps, then you're out of the way of the trains. If you're in the shallow camps, be prepared to move quickly if a train comes zooming by, because they hurt a lot.

~Bakanar
    64th High Priest
    Prexus

For those without elemental access, getting through Exe trials (or other) is a major benefit. PoV is without a doubt the best xp of the easier to get to planes. However, if you want to grind it and get some decent sellables (which seems rare vs the xp) the basement of PoJ is ripe for the picking. The High Guardians of Justice are great xp (AA or Regular) as long as you can get them single pulled or have good CC to take care of adds. Anyone who's done trials knows the way to the quest guy you have to hail after it's all over. He's down the hallway lined with mobs on each side....
    These mobs are pretty easy to drop and offer quite a variety of sellables/gems. Good stuff if you need cash AND xp.
    Laucus Kaucusblaucus
    Proud Officer of Requiem

Well I find myself liking Plane of Tactics. Lately I have been able to make anywhere from 2-5 AAs in one session at night which is about 6 hours. I put together good groups and we never have down time and get insane DPS. Now that they opened up PoV and PoS to 62+ those zones getting more crowded, but PoTactics is still pretty undercrowded and has great exp, and you can get ornate molds/pattersns/ etc. Spectral Parchments drop 5-10 a night and depending what camp you can get glyph rune words. Anyways I have been loving it. I did 60-64 in pov/pos and got 65 in tactics and done most of my aa exp in tactics.

Solo Exp - The New Droga Rocks, Veksar the 4 undead where the duke spawns, Umbral Plains Elysians, for the more daring Fiery Spirit Steeds are undead, HOH undead in the basement

Group Exp - the ramp of fennin ro, Fire mephits, PoV, PoI factory isnt too bad

PoFire courtyard... d r o o l ~!

I'm a big fan of a mid-south group though, too, with high DPS. ^_^ Same with rats in crypt of decay. Tactics pit isn't bad!

crypt rats are awesome for a standard group
    Only the exceptions can be exceptional.

Friends don't let friends do tradeskills. (tm)