Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Where to Fight (lvl 50 - 60)

Default Re: Where to Fight (lvl 50 - 60)

I found PoJ not to bad with teh right group and most the time they are always looking for clerics(aren't we pouplar gang) drops suck but xp not that bad.
    Shellbie

YES that is what my mana pool is?Your still alive aren't you so quit gripping!

Guild Leader of Hell Awaits

I have tried Veksar, PoJ, PoI and the best i have seen at 55 is PoV or LDoN. PoV has big tuff mobs that give great exp while LDoN has little mobs that you can kill and get the same percent while killing more mobs.
    Aurathur Themisfitcleric 54 cleric of Brell

Located on the Server : Erollisi Marr

"If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?"

Sorry Aura, but LDoN XP in the mid 50's just plain sucks. PoV is tougher than PoS at 55-56, but the XP, in those teir 2 zones, rocks. PoI is still great XP in the mid 50's, as is LC or RC of PoD. PoJ jail area is pretty good and the WW or hedge area in PoN is great as well. Sebilis provides great XP along with great loot. If you're like I am and want to experience EQ the way it was designed from the start (Kunark, Velious, PoP, etc........), Sebilis is a great Kunark zone to try and conquer from beginning to end (Trakanon).

Anyway, just my opinion on a few of the previously mentioned zones.

OK this just in and not for the faint of heart as far as long runs to get to the area or very worrysome corpseruns

Scarlet desert has a platoeu((spelling)) long flat topped mountain in it on the top of which there is two camps one is an undead camp the other are alien guys but leave them be still DB to me at 58 lots of pages drop for those with researching alts along with nardoo? whatever that is for and some over vendor trash the undead up there can be healers all can curse when they hit you but i didn't find it much trouble to single pull them if you pull them to the edge of the plateau you won't get adds during any fight. more info on this area to come

Let's not forget about Hate's Fury. It's a hot spot zone right now. Awesome XP.
    ~Maclypse Noxhelious~
    Dwarven Cleric of the Tribunal

My Blog

55+ will find Plane of Torment has great xp as well...invis past the birdie at the entrance to the bridge, and pull away...oh yeah...make sure to bring your cc...also, make sure you trust your puller... he may train you, but this zone has pretty much been forgotten about, other than for raids on KoS/Saryrn...
    lag is usually minimal, and your nearly guaranteed the bridge will be open for the taking
    Kristobel
    Bastard Cleric of RiP

I like Velks cause it is so much fun but thats me... For serious Xp at 50-60 I think Hates Fury is nice choice or maybe even Plane of Valor if you can get the people.
    Prelate Exarch Erom HeavyFist
    Erom's Erogenous Equipment
    Enlightened Dark

Personally i think a really underused zone is Grieg's End which you could prolly do with a good group of high 40's till around level 60. Loot there average at best but the XP is decent. Sometimes go there and solo the enterance mobs with my cleric for a bit of AAXP
    Aondail Shadowbane
    71th Season Cleric - NO LONGER Retired!
    Drinal Server
    Lvl80 Taruen Shaman - Saedorn - retired
    Lvl80 Troll Hunter - Kevasha - retired
    Lvl80 Undead Rogue - Ate - retired
    Lvl80 Tauren Druid - Ihasmilk - retired
    Lvl80 Orc Deathknight - Conniption - retired
    Lvl80 Blood Elf Warlock - Egnotus - retired

shhhh thats where i hang out alot but with a mage around level 60+ as a duo partner griegs rocks you go deep in with invis scout out a safe spot to have mage pull to with pet and you can do well had 3 black sapphires drop for me the other day allong with a book of impracticality (sells around 14 k on quellious) allong with about 3 rings of lunacy drops and there are several other drops that can sell for around 1 to 5 k a peice

I know someone who's going to be heading to GE with his mage friend.
    ~Maclypse Noxhelious~
    Dwarven Cleric of the Tribunal

My Blog

OK here is something for Cleric/Tank Duo of 50+ for decent xp and decent to awesome cash from loot. Or a small group of mid to high 40's.

Mobs are Dark blue and Light blu at 55; Acrylia Etched Runes sell for 8gp to almost 5pp each and stack. Windstones also drop which sell to vendors for about 17p each and stack. Plus there is a bank and merchants in the Shar Vahl outpost at port in / near Zone from Hollowshade Moor. The Grimlings drop on average 3-4 etched runes. I destroy anything not stackable but the other items sell for chump change anyway. If you want more details than what follows PM me.

Grimling Forrest - the grimling post just outside of the tunnel leading to Acrylia Caverns.
    Either get a port or TL from a Wiz or Druid or if you don't mind running take Shar Vahl stone in PoK, Head into Shar Vahl from (Shadeweavers Thicket?). Run around the heart of the city on the ledge that is just outside teh walls and head into Hollowshade Moor from there head to Grimling forrest.
    This Grimling post can easily be pulled single's there are 5 groups of Grimlings here. My reference point for pulling is directly across the road/path from the group of 5 that face the road.
    The group of 5 is easily pulled one at a time ( 2 of these 5 are casters) starting at either end, when you finish these 5 off the next grp of 4 is left and back a bit also easily pulled single. I suggest pulling the one closest first then the furthest one to the left and next the one behind it, leave the "fleshsoother" for last as he can be a pain with self heals and gating to his spawn point if not killed fast enough (the gating goes for all caster types here). Once you finish those 4 there is a group of 3 a bit more to the left and back a bit. Pull the closest one first then the furthest and then the last one of course. If pulling with spells watch where you stand as not to make them run over each other, as they may get social agro.
    There are 2 more groups here both up on platforms, both a pain to pull single reliably. The easier of the 2 to pull single is the further one with 5 mobs on it. My tactic for pulling here is a bit blunt, run up with warrior smack one or 2 and run a wide berth around the others. Not a good tactic if your tank/meatshield doesn't have at least 4k Hp, if you cannot handle 2 or 3 at a time I would not recommend pulling the platforms, but you might be smarter than me and have better tactics (Pacify).
    There are also 4 mobs on the way into the tunnel leading to Acrylia Caverns that can be pulled single 2 are halfway between the tunnel entrance and the bigger platform, the others are on either sid eof tunnel entrance. If you clear these groups of grimlings including or not including the platforms and respawn hasn't started turn around 180 degrees and slightly to the left just out of sight are 2 grimlings one is always a fleshsoother. If after these 2 kills spawns haven't started, go a little further past where those 2 were and you will see another small camp, lots of casters and harder to pull single, I'll let you work out your own tactics/methods for that as I am still working on it myself.
    May your Destiny be Epic and with the blessing of Tunare to boot!!!

<<<---Only member of Postaholic's Anonymous--->>>

Gags Ongnomes 70 Epic War (1.0)
    Woundremover Damagecontrol 70 Epic Cleric (1.0)
    Juewl Krafter 70 Enc
    Katreg Destan 70 Bst

A place I just recently discovered, but which I think has great potential as you climb through the 50s, is the stables in City of Mist. I'm still doing a little soloing there at 59 (though a lot of the mobs have turned green, there are still light blue and occasionally dark blue mobs), and soloed a couple of the named mobs here - Dread Wraith and Ravenous War Bone Skeleton - for decent loot. Let me tell you, a Brass Stud of Wonder beats a Forest Loop when it comes to overall benefits.

CoM in general has the potential to be a good group place, not just for soloers, but it is truly one of the few zones I know that can accomodate either type of player.
    I'm going to blow them off the face of Norrath with the fury of Brell's own thunder.

I registered just to share this information! I have a regular group (65 shammy, 55 sk, 56 necro, 56 sk, and myself...56 cleric) that has been plowing through Plane of Mischief for the past couple weeks. This zone rocks! First of all, the castle is a really great dungeon crawl with lots to explore. The mobs go higher up in level as you progress, naturally, with many named that can spawn if you know where to look for them. I got some great shoulders from "a fraudulent chest" that spawns in the first big room in the castle.
    Second, aside from drops from named mobs, the research pages that drop here are terrific. I got the page to make my "remove greater curse" spell with ease from one of the halfling gaurds on the castle wall. The same page is also used to make a high level shammy spell. Many other pages and runes drop here as well, some that sell for quite a bit in the bazaar. The best way to loot this zone is have one trusted group member master loot the research components, set up on his/her mule, and give the rest of the group splits after they sell.
    Third, the exp here rocks! It's been, according to some of my friends, modified recently so if you don't believe me you should try it again for yourself. I find that it's better than PoN or PoD.....not sure about PoV as I haven't completed the flagging to go there yet. You can actually see your bar jump up after each kill which is pretty exciting.
    For those of you thinking, well sure good spot IF you have a 65 shammy...true! BUT it is doable without one if your group is strong, and a mid 50's shammy would do just fine in our group as well. Just be careful of the named because they all summon and will mitigate slow.
    It's been hard to play my cleric at this level....that 50's boredom can really set in....but when I know I'm going to PoM I'm excited to play again. There is so much to explore and learn about. If you want to know more this zone has its own website: planeofmischief.com it is a good source for learning about the quests and mobs. Where else do you have the chance to participate in a giant game of chess? Or run across a giant killer rabbit?

I have to agree with Hinky on Mischief.. even though id never step foot in there again....

to many hours spent there getting my rl cousin his robe that isnt even that good (Robe of Disssolution - 50 mana, FT2 and some other stats)

fun zone though
    With this post..I am one post closer to Jarvis's post count!
    The Gnome's Gear

Let's not forget about Hate's Fury. It's a hot spot zone right now. Awesome XP.
    I have to agree with Maclypse. All Loy - Zones are XP-Hot Spots at the moment and it has become easy to get there, too.

Nadox and Hate´s Fury are both excellent XP for groups 50- 60. I recommend Nadox, if your average Level is under 55. Above that, it doesn´t really matter: Hate´s Fury yields more XP per Mob, but Your Kill-Rate in Nadox should be higher. Cash-Loot ist solid due to the high number of gem-drops.

The greatest advantage imo: As long as you bring someone able to tank here (e.g.: Beastmaster 55+) it wont matter which other classes you bring: With only lull for CC you should be able to keep your groups alive and XP flowing.

For comparison: At 56 and 57 I usually made about 25-35 % XP an evening. (Group average level: about 57)