Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where to Fight (lvl 40 - 50)

skull1 Where to Fight (lvl 40 - 50)

Use this thread to discuss good places for a cleric lvl 40 to 50 to fight.

Feel free to include soloing guides, mobs, locations etc.

Dreadlands...

Arguably some of the best EXP i've come across.

I'm averaging a bub an hour, a level a day...

47 now

Burning Wood...

A little twist...XP isnt as fast...but Drovlargs, Drachnids, bruts, and Cockatrice get so lame after awhile. Undead bruts make for nice soloing

44-45 (as stated on the boards once)

You can do the Combine Spires in DL...all the skellies there...Turning of the Unnatrual, Root, and Nuke when nessacary.

Lguk...

Still some of the best EXP out there. Dead side is more fun than a barrel of monkies when you get that 585 DD. Huzzah!

SolB...

Never been here...yet to find out...
    I mugged a GM, can you Tell?
    Ganeiel Moorwind
    56 Cleric of Saryrn

Ahh I must say 40-50 has been the most fun for me as a cleric. At 39 I started In DL and also got my first taste of karnors (yes some people are psycho and if they trust you will take you in at 39) DL is like every other place on your Kunark trip so far. BORING! Sometimes finding a group here is a bit difficult too. The only real way to do DL is to partner in my opinion. Faster expo that way grab a 48 warrior or monk and just cruise one of the ruins. If you want fast exp take your self up to Deep side of Echo Caverns. at 41 I was getting almost a blue per kill (just a little under) and I was soloing. The 4 underbulks at the begining are a good start remember to pull at an angle first to break the camp or it can spell your doom. I went from 41-50 in here in a little less then a week. I even got to 51 in here killing taskmaster and skellies who were still dark blue to me. Remember watch out for fireclaw (Cant be rooted) and Trillcor (nasty Stun he has).
    Notoriouz Wun
    Great Dwarven Cleric
    of
    Xegony

City of Mist in the Emerald Jungle:

Get a well balance group of 45's and you can take on anything in here short of the Reavers. Seldom is there anyone here unless they are doing Reavers. Lots of undead if you want to solo, lots of mobs and insane exp if you want to level quickly while grouping.

Ive discoeverd another pathing bug, thank you for the advice to go to echo...

pull mob to the deep zone. Almost at least. make sure its right behind you, and as its smacking you try to get to the corner before the zone. the one you can get into. Notice, mobs not moving. Memories of crystal eh? Nuke away
    Ganeiel Moorwind
    56 Cleric of Saryrn

Tower of frozen shadow 6th floor by far. Exp bonus, mobs are very close in spawn (thus less pull time.They are dark up to level 52. 44War and 44Cleric with average gear went from 44 to 51 in a matter of 4days. Without powerleveling or outside buffs (Kei, Regen, Etc.)

Cleric can even solo since ....its undead....what we own best.

Reydon 53rd Level Cleric Prexus ......with 96% clicky rez!!

Oh and just stating a warning to the above post. Using a pathing bug or such that a mob is unable to hit you is an exploit and I would highly advise to not use it unless you are willing to accept what penalties will occur.

Same type of Pathing Bug in Paludal on one of the cliffs. You sit on the ledge and just kill. Never got to experience but if you ever go through you can see people doing it. Very funnys ight as Fungal Fiends just stop in their tracks and act as though the people arent alive. By the way Im not condoning the use of bugs to further your advancement in game. I will say this though. There are plenty of times where we live with the screw ups of VI and bugs there-in (I remember paying a nice chunk of cash for 2 weeks to get ported places cause the stupid boats didn't work). So it's just my opinion that if bug gets exploited every once in awhile then life just evens itself out.
    Notoriouz Wun
    Great Dwarven Cleric
    of
    Xegony

Tower of Frozen Shadows requires time aquiring keys and the CR just plain sucks ass. I wouldnt solo there.

Soloing shouldnt be a problem for a cleric on undead long as they know what they are doing and quite frankly I would trust myself over a half arse group that go extremely slow .... not everyone has the time to sit and look for a group.

What about the rockhoppers in Dawnshroud peaks? I hear they are decent experience at this level range.

Some of the old worlds zones are hardly ever camped so id say, CoM, BW, SF, Lguk (eww), KC, Seb too
    Exarch Lillyy Llu 65 Archon Bertoxxulous
    "Why be good when it is so easy to be bad?"
    Sage Aanaelen Llu 65 Arcanist
    Lilzz Llu 65 Feral Lord

I went partnering with a ranger yesterday (we had a beasty come later) for Rockhoppers in DSP. OMFG you wouldnt believe. At level 49, I was averaging 1/5th of a blue a kill. A STINKIN KILL. We set up in the second room inside the cave and just owned. Owned owned owned. PLus, the loot is pretty decent if your into the bazaar thing. Saryrn seems to have a demand for Rockhopper hides, and about 7 Flawless dropped over the course of 2 hours. 700pp isn't bad, with insane EXP. They don't hit hard, and con blue. At 48 Retribution (Lvl 44 DD right?) was doing about a bubble of damage a pop. Fun fun stuff. Scarlet desert I didnt like...wasnt noticing much XP gain. Sol B is still good stuff if you can get a partner or go solo. Fun fun. Kael is also really good if you have a small group. We did a small raiding group (55 war, 56 pally, 48 Clr, 51 Rogue) and I was still getting some good exp. I can only imagine what it would be like With some toned down levels...(does it matter though?) Well, g'luck to you all, with my new 53 monk pet I'm doing Nobles in HK, and let me tell you. If you can find a buddy to do that, it is phnomenal. Im going to ding 50 tonight for sure (its about dang time!)

;tell saryrn.Ganeiel

Give me a ring, love to talk to ya.

Gane Moorwind
    49 Cleric of Uber PoP wanting DOOM!
    Ganeiel Moorwind
    56 Cleric of Saryrn

From about 40 to 44 I soloed mobs in OT...no great loot, good XP, not too boring if you melee the mobs and channel in a Celestial Remedy and Wrath when needed.

At 44th I went to Rathe Mountains and started soloing the HG's. YES, there is a lot of competition, but the XP was good and the lewt was phat. Huge market for 75% rezzes.

Now at 48, my primary goal has become 49th, so I'm grouping in KC, doing the ol' "sit-n-med" thing.

Default Tower of Frozen Shadow

Hm...
    Last edited by Jawn Doh; 01-28-2003 at 05:09 PM.
    Jawn Doh
    Raging Cleric in a Druid's body
    Isengard ~ Saryrn
    "Good things come in small packages."

Default Tower of Frozen Shadow

If you've never been to Tower of Frozen Shadow, grab a partner (preferably a Ranger and a few more if you want, but definitely a Ranger if no one else...Necromancers are good to have, to.

First, purchase a Dawnfire, Morningstar of Light, if you can afford one.

Quick guide to getting keys (after, of course, printing a map from www.eqatlas.com):

First floor: anything spawns the undead gnoll (drops key to 2nd floor), so kill everything. Use fear...the mobs run straight to the mirror...easy to kill, just be careful not to click the mirror.

Second floor: again, kill everything. Don't fear, just heal Ranger, nuke some. Anything can spawn the Angry Librarian (drops key to 3rd floor).

Third floor: Again, kill anything. Spawn enraged gnoll (drops key to 4th floor).

Fourth floor: This floor can be a total PAIN. Just focus and keep going. Anything can spawn Carmilla Omican (not sure on name, but close enough...she spawns in a coffin next to the mirror that pops you to 5th floor; she drops key, a No Drop dagger, Embalmer's Skinning Knife, and Socerous Bowl).

Fifth floor: Easy solo here for a Cleric, but you'll want to move to 6th floor for easier solo. Kill anything and spawn enraged relative (drops Beer Stained Coldain Tunic, Velium Spiked helm, key to 6th floor). Also, some broken (or unsolved) quest items drop here, as well as some nice resist gear (off of Nosja, Damad, and Priest Majes Medory).

Sixth floor: Here you can solo. Load up Superior Healing (if below 44; if 44+, use Celestial Healing), Panic Undead, Wave of Fear (in case of adds; just use Wave, then use Panic the Dead after all mobs are feared), Yaulp (if you want), Sermon of the Righteous, Turning of the Unnatural (if you don't have this spell, it will eventually drop), Banish Undead (or your most recent undead nuke), and a stun or two. Follow the hallway and on your first left turn, you'll see a gnoll. Sometimes he aggroes, sometimes he doesn't. Eventually you will learn how to *not* aggro him before you can fear. Fear him, then follow him to the wall, and melee/nuke/DoT. Follow the same hallway and keep pulling the gnolls and spectres. Only grab the 2 gnolls and 2 spectres from this hallway, then move to the opposite hallway. With KEI, I was able to do the first 2 gnolls and spectres, and then 4 more gnolls before they started respawning.

After getting your keys, the trick will be getting to the spot by yourself.

First floor: use IVU.

Second floor: IVU.

Third floor: After getting to the mirror on second floor, cast a Cloudy Potion (sells for 11pp in Thurgadin) and run through the floor.

Fourth floor: There is *always* a mummy that can see invis, but everything else can't see through normal invis. Before popping to 4th floor, cast another invis potion and just pray you don't run into the mummy. If aggroed, cast DA quickly and keep running. The mobs won't follow you to the next floor, but camp if you want to be extra careful.

Fifth floor: use IVU.

After 10 levels here, I've only ran into trouble once with the 4th floor, and I leveled FAST, with or without KEI. I grouped and soloed through these levels, but if I had mostly soloed, I would have leveled faster. Exp is good to level 54, but slows down considerably after 50.

The whole TRICK to this spot is, sadly, the Dawnfire weapon. If you don't have one or can't get one (it's still a decent Cleric item, regardless), I wouldn't bother hunting in this spot.
    Jawn Doh
    Raging Cleric in a Druid's body
    Isengard ~ Saryrn
    "Good things come in small packages."