Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where to Fight (lvl 40 - 50)

Default Re: Where to Fight (lvl 40 - 50)

Argh I hate level 40 with my cleric....It wont budge...ots just stuck on half way to 41....I tried dreadlands.....no groups...even when i do get a group exp is slooooooooooow......tried Gunthak...slow exp lots of downtime even with KEI.....Dont know what to do anymore lol....ohwell ill find something someday....ohwell

~Zoliden Angelblade~ 40th Circle Tall Thin Pale Cleric!
    [img]/images/sigs/zoliden.gif[/img]

*Zoliden grins evily

Don't always expect a cleric to be what you think it might be...

Zoliden Angelblade

Solo - Spectres and Hillgiants

Group - I loved these levels. Dreadlands, echo caverns, City of Mist rocked especially the loop, DSP

I left the Rathe Mountains at 42 and was invited by a few good friends into OOT. BEST move I ever made. Hunting the Seafury Cyclopses in a group of three, I have zoomed from 42 to 48 in an amazingly short time. At 48, i am still getting about 1.5 to 2 blue "tickies" of exp per Seafury and at that lv, with two others in the group, thats awesome. Plus, they frequently drop gems that sell anywhere from 4pp to 100pp.

We usually try to either camp the AC on AC island and pull over to that island, or camp Gornit; a named HG in OOT and pull seafuries to the shoreline. Heck, I let my close friends "bot" my cleric over this past weekend and I logged in with an entire lv gained!

I highly recommend it for those willing to take a risk as there is NO place to zone out too; unless you gate, so if you run into trouble, you are really in trouble.. hehe.

Went to CoM at lvl 42. Brought along a 41 SK.. The zone is usually empty so just bring a melee (or a few) with you. With Pacify, pulls are easy. We both dinged 46 in 3 days. I've found it to be some of the better xp for this lvl. Only problem is its a bit out of the way, but with sow/jboots, you can get there in one piece no problem.
    Gracey Slick
    60 Dark Elf Cleric
    Drinal

Ok, here is where I go depending on what I want and who Im with.
    Solo:
    CoM (ok loot but not great)
    Specs in Oasis (not bad loot)

Group (exp not cash)
    Taskmaster in Echo (played with him last night)
    CoM
    Elysians in Umbral Plains (this depends on getting a high quality full group)

Group (cash)
    Ships in Dulak
    CoM

I still have not spent much time in ToFS with my cleric. I know the zone very well with my Ranger and as much as I love the zone and think its excellent exp and loot for all levels 30+, I just havent felt like going back there.
    Maybe Ill go back and solo there soon.
    Bodhichitta
    Newbie Cleric
    Bastard servant of Innoruuk

"Mistakes are almost always of a sacred nature. Never try to correct them. On the contrary: rationalize them, understand them thoroughly. After that, it will be possible for you to sublimate them." - Salvador Dali

Even though its is still primarily a byogroup. Gulf of Gunthak and Dulak's harbor are much better than any kunark zone. The other day, I was in Dulak's working on the temperance quest, which I did complete. I found myself in a group of 4, which included a 60 BL. All we did was camp one of the ships and I still got a full 1% exp per kill. In DL, in a group where I am one of the highest in level, I average between a half and a third of a percentage point.

I personally am not a fan of clerics soloing at these levels. If I wanted to solo, I would have chosen a different class.
    Voelfgar Fireforge
    Last People of the Dragon
    63rd Bartender of Brell
    The Rathe

Guild Rep to The Rathe Travel Agency

I found Echo Caverns and CoM to be better exp than Dulak. But Dulak is still good exp. If I want to earn cash and exp then Definately go camp a ship in Dulak
    Bodhichitta
    Newbie Cleric

"Mistakes are almost always of a sacred nature. Never try to correct them. On the contrary: rationalize them, understand them thoroughly. After that, it will be possible for you to sublimate them." - Salvador Dali

Got a group at 45 with Kei in Cazic yesterday. Pretty sure I was not quite high enough but the XP was insane the Bloods dropped like rain and only had the Raijar tank die once... Oh I died once too, serves me right for sticking around for one more heal past the "ZONE" cry. Camped the entrance.
    Pratchett 44 Cleric
    Harefeet 54 Druid
    ShadowClaw
    Prexus

"I am Death, not taxes. I turn up only once." DEATH

What about this Dulak Place? I know its a LoY zone, but where is it?

and i tried soloing the Beach in Gunthak, but i just got mad agro and had to gate out

Battering said in post #39 :
    What about this Dulak Place? I know its a LoY zone, but where is it?

and i tried soloing the Beach in Gunthak, but i just got mad agro and had to gate out
    Dulaks is a zone off Gunthak. You run through the tunnel that is on the beach in Gunthak. If you keep to the right side of the tunnel and follow it all the way, you will come to a small town, there are 2 zonelines in this town. Keep to the right still and circle the town and you will enter a zone, this is Dulaks.
    There are a few good spots for hunting here. Dont stay at the zoneline too long unless your group is ready as there is at least one wanderer that comes close enough to aggro.
    You can fight at the zoneline (I found this is generally one of the hardest places to camp). You can camp around the corner from the zone on the left wall (another hard spot). You can do the caves (better have a good group for this) or you can do the ships.
    Run to the right from the zone in and you get to the harbour. There are 4 ships along here and they tend to go from easier to harder. The first ship, Storm is the best one to start on and is the easiest. 2 People can do this no problems (any 2 classes). Dont worry about aggro from mobs, as long as you stay on the boat you are pretty right, just sit near the ramp on the boat. Pulling aggro is pretty good but use Pacify just in case.

Gunthak beach is great. I havent been there in a few levels, but I would guess that levels 39 to 47 could solo here and get exp (great exp). The best place to camp is on the dead side (from the lighthouse, the left side is dead side, right is live side). From the Lighthouse follow the left wall to the beach, dodge around the few spawns near the wall..about halfway up the wall you will find a lone sailor. I cant remember his name,but he is a live mob. Dont hurt him, he will be indiff to you and wont aggro at all. You can sit anywhere between him and the rocks and be fine for aggro. There are some dead spawns close by that are out of aggro from others, but if you look north there are a few tightly packed, use pacify for them. Once you get the hang of it you will find that pulling singles is very easy here.
    Bodhichitta
    Newbie Cleric

ALot of those places are great, but I'm surpised nobody has mentioned Nobles in HHK. I spent 12 hours there yesterday and leveled from 40 to 44. Yeap, in 12 hours, I got 4 levels. It was an even 4 levels too cause I logged off the night before having just dinged 40.

I was getting around 1/3 of a blue to 1/2 a blue per kill. This is PC quality xp folks

Bad part is the Factions: You loose Freeport, Qeynos, and High Hold Pass factions, along with slowly loosing Knights of Truth and League of Anontican Bards. You don't loose the last 2 very fast because there is only 1 mob that gives those faction hits. Good part is you gain faction with Mistmoore so after a good day or two of hunting there, you should be able to walk into MM and go to a certain camp. You also gain faction with the Ring of Scale which can be good as well.

Loot is was decent. Some gems drop worth up to about 20pp and FS drops up the Wazzu. I got about 500pp there in 12 hours rarely looting.

Good luck all

I'm looking for a good single NPC to camp (ie: Cynthia in Rathe Mountains). I don't care about loot, i just want fast exp, soloing. I just dinged 39, want to do this until 50. I don't expect one to take me all the way, but any suggestions would be appreciated.

I heard Happ(?) in Lfay is great from 44-47, so i more need advice from 39-44, 48+.
    I'd prefer no bad faction with good cities like Freeport/Qeynos.

Thanks
    Signature? No thanks, man.

coffee Re: Where to Fight (lvl 40 - 50)

i am i 48 clr almost 49.iam at a stand still on where to fight.if someone could plz help me out and let me knowit wont be apperciated.i seem to get good exp in LDoN grps but would like to solo or get a grp with exp bouns.BTW where is tower of frozen shadows tyvm

TOFS is in Iceclad Ocean, you can get there by way of port or by running through EW. I did upper 40's in the planes and in KC, with the occasional romp in Velks if I could find a group for my lvl. Being a cleric does have its advantages in those places as not a whole lot of clerics go there anymore with LDON out now.
    Kanati
    Jedi Healer of Bertox
    "Changing tanks minds is easy young padowan"

**Thinking of coming back.... WoW is not so WoW anymore.**

Feckl said in post #17 :
    Qeynos Catacombs, or the Aquaducts, whichever you prefer, is an excellent zone to kill in from lvl 45-50 for a cleric. There are 4 spectres in the back by the Bertoxx trainers who will stay blue to you until you are 50, although at 49 a good percentage of them are light blue. Because this is indoor exp, you get a bonus. My tactic for killing them were to fear them and nuke them - pretty easy huh? They went down with 3 undead nukes and they run in the same path everytime you fear them.
    Feckl: Well I finally found the way to these spectres (the zone in by the bank is bugged and drops you in Feerrott). When you fear them do they head towards the guild halls or towards you in the rounded out room?

How did you split them up? Pacify? I pulled one and got two.

Xabu's Currently Boycotted Members of "The Establishment": Avondale Dodge, AQUACO, Best Buy, Danon Waters, Happy Sumo, Sparkletts

Hey Man! Here's my righteous gear! Hey is that RUST?!?!