Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Where to Fight (lvl 40 - 50)

Whoops.
    Last edited by Feckl; 01-22-2003 at 09:10 AM.

Qeynos Catacombs, or the Aquaducts, whichever you prefer, is an excellent zone to kill in from lvl 45-50 for a cleric. There are 4 spectres in the back by the Bertoxx trainers who will stay blue to you until you are 50, although at 49 a good percentage of them are light blue. Because this is indoor exp, you get a bonus. My tactic for killing them were to fear them and nuke them - pretty easy huh? They went down with 3 undead nukes and they run in the same path everytime you fear them.
    The zone is pretty uncrowded, too, so you won't usually have to wait for someone to leave the camp. The only bad part about it is that the repop time on the spectres is an ungodly amount, around 10-15 minutes. I went from 45-50 in a week and died maybe twice.

Feckl Steeve
    50 High Elf Cleric
    Neco Victis Sinistus
    Rallos Zek

Tenebrous Mts with a decent warrior is v good xp. I did that the other day with a warrior and a paladin and got about 4 bubbs xp in 2 hours...at lvl 45 i think.
    "What doesn't kill you sure as hell can hurt a lot"

beer Hunt for Mad Money

Where can a 44 Cleric hunt for quick platinum, I know about the mammoth tusks but that is getting slow. Any other tricks out there?

Well, Crystal Caverns is pretty decent for gems etc if you camp the Gemoids by zoneout... the named always drop a gem which sells for decent pp to vendors.

Default Undead Solo?

I know about the Taskmaster, but its always camped. Anyone else know any good undead spawns, that can be easily soloed? I've been to Lower Guk Dead side, and I just keeping getting my butt kicked by these frogloks that just pop out of the wood work when I pull just one. Some plz help, Im too impatient to get a grp.

I personally love Tower of the Frozen Shadow. Kill everything on the first floor till you get the key from the enraged uh..blue gnoll., then move to second. Kill Librarian, Assistant Librarian, Teacher and then any student and scholar you can. Dont get below 40m though, cause eventually the Angry Librarian will pop out of something you kill. Loot the key and either the Student's Homework, to sell, or Teacher's Sylibis to put in your range slot. Good Wis Caster item. Then move on to 3rd floor. Try not to engage the Armored Shadows as they have a lot of hp. Just root/atone them unless you bring along a meat shield. From entrance go right to the corner, then down hall to 3rd door, root/nuke the butlers to death, then go thru that room, kill the 2 zombies chics in there and set up camp. The mirror in that room is your exit out of the tower. Again. Try not to pull armored shadows, but kill the undead gnoll cooks, butlers, and zombies. I made levels 44/45 soloing in there. Good exp, and alot of drops that sell for 1-4pp. The angry cook drops a nice ring that sells for 100p in bazaar. Wouldnt try to go to 4th floor alone until 49 or so. but once you get passed 4th floor, 5th floor has some awsome lootz.

Doh..just realized there was another ToFS reply in this Thread. Sorry.
    Last edited by Phixin; 02-08-2003 at 10:00 PM.

Default Guk

i solo'ed Lguk from 39-52. its not too hard. find a mob root,stun,dot,root,stun,nuke,stun,root,dot,etc.

it is good grouping too. i don't sugest you solo anything more than the ent mobs befre you group alot to learn the zone.

when i hit lv 49 i could solo all the way up lord hall.
    and in my low-mid 50's i could solo frenzy. lord eventually became single pullable and easy to fear kite in the pit trap

i have always been big on soloing my cleric. here is what i do now.. in velks i Aego myself and BAotR and that lv 39 casting haste spell. i pull a spider with MoR,then cast my hammer pet, then i just beat it down ith my hammer and bash. i usually have to cast one or 2 cel elix's on myself and each spider takes 15-20 mana

Eilelan Lifeweaver
    60 High Priest of Tunare
    Cazic Thule

This is my first post on this board, so hi to you all.
    First of all, I'm thinking that there is something wrong with me because i'm in DL right now and suddenly my exp has seemed to have gotten slow. I'm just 44. Like it is 3-5 kills per percent anymore (4% per blue). And Dawnshroud is even worse. The best xp i've gotten lately is in Jagged Pines. I've got the luxury of having a 56 ranger of a boyfriend that xp's there regularly, and we have a 60 druid on a third account. We used the druid to put greater wolf form on me (to diminish aggr and i follow the ranger around and fear poachers after he's snared them. The only problem is you can't stay in JP long because the aggro build on you and you train all the animals in the zone to the stone as you zone out. The ranger cracks up
    Anyone know about the levels for the new LoY zones? they are supposed to be aimed around these levels.

Don't know if noone else knows about this, or is just keeping it to themselves...but try Katta Castellum's graveyard.

It's an easy port to Twilight Sea, then run to the ramp up to Katta.

All of the undead spawns are much like the triggered wolf spawns in DSP, so unwanted aggro is almost unheard of. KEI will help reduce downtime, but I wouldn't say it's necessary. It takes longer to kill these guys prior to Banish Undead, but are definitely doable.

The loot isn't so great, maybe a couple pp per corpse. People killing the guards, however, will sometimes not loot the weapons off of them. These sell for about the same as FS weapons, so that's potentially extra income. There's also a bank in the zone, so you don't have to worry about getting overloaded with coins.

Dinosaur The Grey

48 Cleric.
    I've spent a little time with some friends, in the Grey. I was just there tagging along for moral support. I got brave and started nuking a skelly with my uber undead spells. Went thru them like butter, so this can be a good spot for solo XP, provided you have an EB necklace. My suggestion, make friends with people hunting there. Get 3 organs from the Shissar and get that EB necklace from Katta. Then you can wander the zone without choking to death.

I just got a new uber P4 system so i can see the worms crawling underground(i'm still amazed that Verant did that!) so you can dodge em. Fun stuff. There are tons of undead strewn all over the zone and a few good camps. Just watch out for the shissar, the golems(mean stun) and the stonegrabbers.

The best thing to do is head left once you zone in and park it in a corner. There are some safe places in this charnal zone.
    Pull to that corner, there are spots to kite so there can be room to root and shoot.

Important things you'll need or need to remember:

1. Be sure to bind yourself outside in ML, coming into the Grey nekkid is a painful thing.

2. ALWAYS have sow potions(i'm a potion nut. SOW, invis, and Gate potions are always on me. EB potions are good too, if you don't like having an EB necklace.)

3. EB Necklace. I don't like the idea of depending on my own memory or common sense to watch for the spell to fade. I'll be dead before I notice, lol. A necklace takes that worry away.

4. Have Gate and Divine Barrier up at all times. OK, i'm a total <meow>. I would rather run and live, then fight and die with Valor. That's for those clowns that litter the zone with their corpses and cry for rezzes for an hour before swearing at everyone. Besides, running into The Grey all nekkid and with no EB is for the shortbus folks. You know who you are.

You will get decent xp and not really have to deal with crowds. Everyone is dealing with the golems and such. I'm sure there are better xp places. But they are crowded. No one is going to fight you for a spot here. Maybe I'm just nuts, but I love this place. Besides...would you rather sit in DL and watch 15 year olds talk about their sex lives???

Supremus
    48 Cleric
    Fennin Ro
    Last edited by Supremus; 03-12-2003 at 02:22 PM.

About the new LoY zones, i'm gettting great xp at the fort on Gunthak and super xp in Nadox. Most stuff in Nadox is red to me some yellows and whites, but i've made higgher level friends that take me there. there's some great cleric stuff that drops of the named stuff in there. I won a roll on a new 1HB there...
    Witchdoctor's Cudgel
    LORE ITEM MAGIC ITEM
    Damage: 18
    Delay: 22
    Ratio: 1.222 Amazing
    Wis: +6 Cha: +5 Fire Resist: +7 Cold Resist: +7 Disease Resist: +7 HP: +45 Mana: +45
    Weight: 0.8
    Weapon Skill: One Hand Blunt
    Classes: Shaman Druid Cleric
    Races: All Races
    Inventory Slot: Primary Melee
    Required: Yes
    Can be stored in Medium and larger containers
    Last updated: Tue Feb 25 15:04:08 2003
    Level to Attain: 55
    This item is found on creatures.
    Found in:
    Crypt of Nadox
    Dropped by High Priest Grumsalsot

I'd suggest checking it out.
    Last edited by Korlayne; 03-12-2003 at 04:40 PM.

book Mid lvl exp zone info

Mid lvl exp zone info

This is part of one of my posts from my old guilds board. Keep in mind that when I posted this I was playing my Ranger as my main which was lvl 56 at the time and my cleric was 54. I leveld my rng from lvl 30 to 51 in this zone and I leveled my cleric to 34 - 51 in this zone (dual boxing with my rng). I also solo'd my necro from level 39 to 49 in the caves there. I made 60kpp+ with my necro solo and did the Shield of Bane warding quest 6 times with my rng and cleric boxing. Selling all shields for 20-25kpp each (only the skulls drop here for the quest). They go for about 10kpp - 15kpp now. I also made probably 20kpp from other drops and vendor crap with my rng and cleric. Ok on to the post.

On the topic of mid lvl exp areas I favor Tenebrous Mountains. One major reason is there are LESS PEEPS there. Two is there is great exp and great loot at the same time. I exp'd there from lvl 30ish to lvl 51.

There are two zonelines you can hunt from solo ( Katta entrance and Grimling Forest zone).

There are also some great quests items that drop there like Shield of Bane warding piece ( Tormented vah shir skulls is one piece ). Which is a 20ac 20wis 12svm shield. That camp is to the far left of the Katta wall and is the safest camp in the zone (no trains and no wanderers). You sit at the rock (safe spot from all spawns) with the tree ahead of you and to the left and watch for the spawns on the hill by the corner of the wall. The respawn is 3 mins and constantly spawns a lvl 35 to 40ish npc of a different variety (grol baku, darkwing bats, craig lagi etc.) as the PH (place holder) for the Tormented Vah Shir. The TVS is lvl 45ish i'd say. You can also pull from the valley below while waiting for the repop.

You can also hit the Coterie outposts after i'd say lvl 45. Which are spread around the zone along the zone barrier. They are a lot harder and lifetap like crazy.

Or you can take one of the two grimling caves (drop runes, acrylia, windstones and some gems). Which is between the Grimling zoneline and the Katta wall. This is where I made the all my pp while soloing my necro. Selling Acrylia and Windstones to other players in the bazaar and selling the rest of the stuff to vendors. 200 to 600pp a day of vendor crap depending on how long I was there and my necro got up to 3 levels a day there. Up to 4kpp a day in acrylia and windstones (long day. lol).

The loot in this zone is great and has great exp too. In one night off random mobs you could make 300pp+. The random mobs drop acrylia and windstones and essance of the wind(use for tradeskills or sell to other players in bazaar for great price), gems of many kinds (some sell as high as 16pp each to vendors) and some pp drops too.

Now for ultimate loot and some good exp you could hit the Coterie Castle (aka fort). You will need a good FULL group of lvl 47+ with a good healer and tank. You will also need a monk or necro to pull so you can split the mobs. I have hunted here quite a bit and the mobs can be harmonied so a rng could do the pulling too. Druids just don't have the hp's and ac for it I don't think. They hit hard there and lifetap hard and some DD for up to 1k-2k. The mobs also invis themselves so watch out. I've seen each member in the group get up to 2kpp worth of drops from a night's work (5+ hrs). Sometimes more. Some really good INT caster loot drops here (blood weave), A rare cloak and rare wis shield quest piece (not SoBW). Blue Diamonds and many other gems worth in the 100pp to 300pp range to vendors and some are used for quest gear and tradeskills, Coterie gear (general boots and general capes), and other misc drops that can be vendor sold for PP split to group. The castle is located to the right of the Grimling zoneline (as you enter TM) in the corner of the zone. You will pass a coterie outpost on the way there (stay far right to get by untouched). You'll know when you get there by the size of the place. Its about 20 times taller then you.

Hope this helps you all. I've spent a great deal of time in this zone.
    Last edited by Misstydawn; 04-24-2003 at 06:12 PM.
    Misstydawn 63rd High Priest of Felwithe
    Essence of Darkness - Tholuxe Paells
    http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=652010&alt=0

Default CoM

Sat here with my Warrior , Cleric, and Druid from 42-50 (All three at once mind you). Started in Stables, then gradually moved to pull courtyard also. Made a level and roughly 650 PP per night. Would add a few friends here and there along the way which would make the kills fasters, meaning the warrior could pull mob. Never had to pull more than the stables and Courtyard due to the respawn times. Once you get the pull chain down it's a breeze. Get to work full line of abilities here as cleric. Wish 50-60 was this smooth

Tried soloing in overhtere, was not to bad, pull mob with snare, then root nuke and reapply snare, with c3 downtime is not to bad but without i can imagine it will be a lot longer.

at 40+ why are you using celestial remedy? why not use the lvl 29 celestial health that heals 115hp per tick totalling 460hp healed for 215 mana one of my best spells even though it might be a bit to weak now at 40 /rolleyes
    The spell can be found on Jolum the gnome on the balcony in bazaar.