Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where to Fight (lvl 30 - 40)

skull1 Where to Fight (lvl 30 - 40)

Use this thread to discuss good places for a cleric lvl 30 to 40 to fight.

Feel free to include soloing guides, mobs, locations etc.

Made it out of Highkeep? Better feel damn proud of yourself. This is the begining of your best dreams, and your worst nightmares. At the end of this road is something every cleric lives, and dies for. Complete Healing. Lets get started aye?

Dawnshroud

I take this over Overthere any day. Much more of an enjoyable spot, exp is faster, and loot is hella better (acrylia bricks, non stack, 100pp each. Stack, 50pp EACH. 1k a stack (?) sounds good to me...)

get in a group and head for these spots....

Tribals- Near ME zone, popular spot to pull from rocks

Picnic- Ner the infamous Shroom Castle between ME and GE zones, abundant source of Zelniaks (mmmm fat...) and lightcrawlers. Good group can take the 8 odd something shrooms inside (loads of fun).

GE zone- Like a noob garden secluded from everything. Its own spawning area, nice little spot to hunt.

Overthere

The old creme de crop. Now it sucks. You'll learn to get bored, insanely fast. Mobs have more HPs than absolutley nessacary and even uber twinked warriors are mana sponges here. Itll all be over soon..CHeal...

SOLO

This is a well gaurded secret, so I'm going to share it with my cleric brethren.

In velious is a dungeon called Crystal Caverns.

Get a port to GD, then run (East?) to the Eastern Wastes zone. Get the loc of the Ry'gorr fort (invis and lev before hand is a must) and head over there. Go around the building on the inside and you'll see a small room in the back court area that has a small glowing ball in it. Click it, and welcome to CC...

In Crystal Caverns (get invis and lev before you go in) is a pit. Go down that if you can, if not (no lev, invis is a must) follow the path, careful of the orcs.

You should get to a dorf city with...Jamaican Music?! Thats right baby, were goin to the Bahama's Velious style. Check out the tunes for a little, then look for a path downward. This path has two gaurds, in the back of the city. One patrols the path. You should get to a bridge that is missing its middle. This is BROKEN BRIDGE. or BB as its called. Make sure you shout camp check before you go blitzkreiging to your demise. Now your hear, your surrounded by terrors. DO NOT STEP OFF THE PATH. DO NOT, DO NOT. There is a SERIOUS pathing bug here, like the rest of Velious. You can pull any mob to here, and as long as you stay in the middle of the path past the broken bridge the mob will STOP IN ITS TRACKS, NOT MOVE, OR FIGHT BACK! With Wrath/Smite/wahtever you can hit the 4 Stalag Terrors without wasting a bit of health. Make sure all 4 are DEAD before you go to loot!

32-33 to 40 here no sweat.

Also, this aint to shabby of a place to group, as Velious Bricks and Crystalline Spider silks are really good cash. Terror HP is anywhere from 800-1400. Naks in OT have about 1500+ at the same level. Yuck.

Any casting class can do this.
    Last edited by ClericNewbie; 10-15-2002 at 05:18 PM.
    I mugged a GM, can you Tell?
    Ganeiel Moorwind
    56 Cleric of Saryrn

Well he said it. Dawnshroud is the happening place at this level. The Overthere is only really boring if you spent your last 10 levels in Lake of Ill Omen. Dawnshroud has the better loot but OT has more groups for clerics. Also Mutant side of Echo Caverns is a hot spot right now Boglings and needlites are a top kill and good exp bonus (this is entrance through Rogue guild in SH).
    Notoriouz Wun
    Great Dwarven Cleric
    of
    Xegony

Crystal Caverns, Solusek B and Overthere are fine, but much as others have said: if you spent your previous levels in Lake of Ill Omen...and even if you didn't, you'll get bored in Overthere in a hurry; as for SolB and CC, the people there become rather unbearable once their 15th train hits you. In other words, I wouldn't recommend those places unless you have a very strong group. The most reliable and fun place I have found to fight is in Dawnshroud Peaks.

Whether you're soloing or grouping, it's good exp and easy to get around. If you're grouping, head over to the tribals or the GE (Grieg's End) zone line. If you'd rather hunt zelniaks or lightcrawlers, though, stay near the Netherbian Lair zone. There are usually plenty of people to find for a group considering it seems to be a hot spot, but nobody knows of my secrets!

For soloing, however...(listen closely now) the best thing to do that I have found from about lvl 30-39 or so is hunting the mushrooms spawns. Heading out from the NL zone, take a left and you should see three static mushroom spawns. If you use your Wrath spell to hit one from a distance, it will be a single pull. Meaning, when there's 3 or 4 you can take a single and root/blast/whatever you want. The mushrooms have low HP and root lasts an unusual amount of time upon them. If you grab a pair of Kobold-hide boots, as well, you can use Extended Affliction to your advantage. In any case, that is just one of the spawns. There are a few trap spawns scattered throughout the zone, but it shouldn't be that much of a problem if you have root memmed. If you follow the wall from that first spawn, you will find another group of three (and a fourth one if you get close enough ). Taking a right out of NL zone, you will find two static spawns along the way to the mushroom palace...which is near the GE zone. The mushroom palace, of course, is the best place to find mushrooms to fight and kill. The same rule applies, if you hit one from far enough away, only that one will aggro on you. This is the most dangerous spot, however, since it has the most spawns. In any case, I have had the best experience soloing against the mushrooms of DS(P). Plus, for loot, don't mind the deadly, spotted, or what not mushrooms that drop since they cannot sell...unless you're doing a quest; but do loot the Fungus Covered Mushrooms. They are not stackable but can be sold for about 4pp depending on your charisma in the Bazaar. Well, that's my two cents. Enjoy!

Default Undead?

how about undead zones for a cleric to hunt at 31?

Unrest for level 31 maybe? I forget, it's been so long.
    Galvatist Goodhealer
    63 Faithful Years

Galv's Temple

Starting at 30 I went to Marus Seru, XP was good, but loot was not. /rolleyes So, I moved to Dawnshroud, just outside the Sanctus Seru entrance. I did most of my XPing there, until late 30's, killing the various Zelniaks. I now hunt Grimlings in Tenebrous Mountains, at the caves. Or I am working on Coldain and CoV faction in GD.

Well what you need to remember about CC is this.

At the broken bridge movement bug

(This is an exploit, use at your own risk)

nothing will touch you.

I partnered with a necro and we did this...

The 4 terrors.
    2 Terrors in the Hall
    a few spiders
    grabbed two of the geonids

in the time in took for the 4 terrors to repop.

It's crazy, and you dont get trained there. The exit is right by you, people just blitz past the nids.

Now if your doing orcs...stay far away from there. Orcs bad. Very bad.

Also..

ME has lots of Lightcrawlers if your trying to make the armor (advisable, full set sells for 1k, and it has good stats if your SHORT! > )
    I mugged a GM, can you Tell?
    Ganeiel Moorwind
    56 Cleric of Saryrn

Been doing overthere for a few levels, currently 34, get's boring fast that i agree on but the xp for me was better then in dsp.

As for cc been there now with my mage, done broken bridge room(not using that exploit), had no levitate but invis, you can jump down to the bottom by using the bridges below, a fall all the way down might be lethal, last time for my mage i took two 150hp hits , if you come from gd see if there is any mages around 39+, at 39 they can start to summon ring of flight with 2 charges of levitate(no batwing required), was great to have one in my bank for cr's.

Another nice spot down there is the geonids, can drop some nice gems that sell for nice money, made 120pp on two gems after i duoed there, they also drops normal gems like opal's and dot's, camped silly though, seen lvl 65's camp them

I also tried orcs at the orc bridge, but if i take the single spawn just inside and the few wanderers it will be rather slow /zzz, moving close to the well, hmm let's say my pet had to tank 3 at once
    Last edited by bkmvl; 01-16-2003 at 02:34 AM.

Default NEW UNDEAD SPOT WITH AWESOME LOOT

You have to get LOY!!! Simple put when you zone into the gulf of (whatever I can't remember) youll wan't to bind inside the windmill first. Then take a dive off the cliff into the water to the right of the bridge you cross to get to the windmill. Swim all the way to the beach (I suggest start at the left edge of the beach, fewer spawns there). Undead everywhere!!!

They were all light blue to my lvl 47 Enchantress and my lvl 45 Pally buddy so it would be perfect for mid to high 30's for exp. But the loot is much better than any other undead loot you will get at this lvl range. Ive seen black pearls and emeralds drop off the zombies and if you get a few shipwrecked pirates, their weapons all sell for between3-6pp if you have good charisma gear.

As you lvl up you can work your way into the caves and then into the pirate sanctuary but that is better left for lvl 40 and up and there are no undeads once you get in the cave. Undead nukes simply rule on the beach though!!!

wow sounds good! where is this again? outa the froggie city? and that sounds alot safer than the cc exploit.

but anyone hear of the Tower of Frozen Shadow? its outa iceland, and it sounds pretty good soloing while i wait for my ranger bud to head to cc with me. but i got pop and gukta is just as close to pop )

Default ToFS

ToFS!!! WOOT... My favorite place.

There are several threads here covering Frozenshadow. That place simply rocks.

Lvl 29 - Murder everything on the first floor. Careful of the slick floor. There is a pit trap full of skellies. Lootz: Will get some FS, and some Shadowbone Armplates, and change. The Lesser shades ocassionally drop a sythe worth 11pp.

LvL 34 - Library. Ghosts... Watch out, they nuke, mez and charm. Yep, they are a blast to fight. Keep Magic Resist going. If you can, get a druid to go with you. Let them be the healer and keep you covered in a nice layer of thorns. Learn to tank...woot! Angry Librarian can be a bit tough. 2 decent drops off Angry, and some change. Dont think much else drops there.

LvL 39 - Library still gives EXP. If you have a group of 3 or 4, to up one floor. Kill the armored shadows (not undead). Work your way from entrance. Go right down hall, then left at corner, follow that down and you will see a door across from the next hallway intersection. Go in there, kill the butlers. From that door, to the left is another door. Kill the zombie's in there and make camp. That mirror next to you is your way out. Pull the undead cooks, and watch the exp fly. This floor will get you to lvl 44. I still get exp there at 51 some of the time. Loots there are not bad, with one decent ring that drops from the enraged cook. Lots of FS, Frozen shadow weapon and crystalized shadows, which sell for 1pp each to vender.

yeah i died in gunthka but tahts cause i didnt have invis on ) and i'll go to fos as soon as i can! my living nuke does 200 dmg i cant wait to see what my new undead nuke an yes DOT do WOOT!!

My cleric is now LVL 43 (4 blue from 44) and me and a mage are in BW hunting the bumble bee's there....near the hornet nest...the loot is awsome and the xp rocks. In 2 days my cleric made over 500pp and still goin strong. So if ya want the XP and some loot...I would recommend hunting there./smilewink

when you zone into FoTS, and walk down the hallway, you see two lesser ice shards. what you do is get some extended range gear, go to almost the end of the hallway, but stay in it, do not go on to the slippery part. from there its like what i heard CC is like. Neither shard will agro you as long as you stay in the hall. don't even ahve to root or calm or anything. just nuke, nuke nuke!

and one last thing, Does Sermon of the Rightous work? doesnt seem to do any dmg when i cast it!