Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where to Fight (lvl 30 - 40)

Default Re: Where to Fight (lvl 30 - 40)

For a whole 2 lvls I switched between DSP and OT. I'm not lvl 34. I'm about to go on a bunch of LDON Adventures. I went on one at lvl 30, got a full yellow bub of exp every time we won an adv. Good and Fast way to lvl if u lvl quick, gate back to camp, and start all over again. And we had a rogue tanking. Sucked my mana but c1 really helps...
    Last edited by Buzie; 01-18-2004 at 04:38 PM.

teh experienced n00blet

Hmm...only a slight mention of Paw. This zone is safely nested in the plains of south Karana. When you zone in you will only hear the barking and gnolls and the echo of your own footsteps. Rarely do I find another soul there.

After zoning in you travel a few steps to see the lowest of the gnolls there. A pair of greyish white rogues. Don't turn your back on them if they are after you. Stun, root, and then run. Maybe I am too dramatic...they backstab.

Past those 2 you will come apon a left turn where there are 2 more of the regular variety of gnolls. If you pass by them staying near the left wall there is no issue. The do not have a huge agro range. Don't go up the rock pile. You can get stuck in it.

You then can go straight or turn right down a short hallway. That hallway has one gnoll at the end. It also has a room on the left and right. The left room has one gnoll spawn in it. The right is a safe room..nothing spawns here or wanders in. This room on the right is called the bedroom.

From the bedroom you can pull the one outside in the hallway with smite or wrath depending on your level. I am there now finishing up level 39 as a solo cleric. I do group a lot but I want to finish my defense soloing. The gnolls in here are dark and light blue to me at 39. Once you have taken the life of the one in the hall and are ready for another pop your head out of the bedroom. There is one wandering gnoll that is a rogue like the 2 up at the entrance. He travels from that hallway to the double doors. If you pull a mob near him he will come too. He does not have a lot of hitpoints nor does he hit hard but he does backstab so don't show him your backside. The rogues also have a weak poison that can proc at anytime. If he is out there pull him and dispatch...if not get the guy from across the hall.

Next it is time to venture out for more pulling if the hallway pop is not back up. If you head out of the hallway there is a rock pile in front of you. On the right side of that pile is another singel gnoll..pull him back to the bedroom and do what you will with him.

If you are soloing chances are the hallway is ready to pop unless you have ungodly mana regen or DPS. Solo you would just repeat the cycle. In a group where you can kill faster the next pull is just passed where you pulled from the rock pile. A little futher down the same wall is a spot called the sand box. There is an indentation in the wall with a single spawn next to what looks like a sandbox. Pull him back to the bedroom for your leveling pleasure. If you are in a group that is strong and plan on pulling past the double doors most groups will just set up in the sandbox and deal with that spawn as an add.

The next logical pull would be from the door. You have to soothe one and pull the other. There are two mobs there at the double door. Some will make the mistake of pulling the single near the doors but his pathing brings him too near the doors when pulled and you will get all 3.

Next pull the other door spawn then the single that would be to your left if you were in the sandbox facing the doors.

Behind the doors are casters. I can tell you how to single pull this whole dungeon but I would run out of room. Everything before the doors will keep a 30's group happy.

Like I said I still solo here at 39 for the skill ups. The also drop up to 4pp each as well as fine steel weapons and splitpaw armor. I can hunt here for a bit and get heavy with items and coins...when all is sold I usually have 75-100pp. In your 30s that is decent coin. It pays for jaspers.

levels 30-40 do LDON's no question. I'm 41 right now, just got ldon maybe a month ago and thank god, now i see the light. was doing OT and DSP before last deployment (when LDON) came out, came back and it was harder to find groups, wondered where everyone went, asked around and downloaded ldon. was level 34 at the time. starting doing ldons and got a level every 3 adventures. Got two levels in one night (this was a big accomplishment for me, something i hadn't done since the teens) now i'm skyrocketing. No question DO LDON's, see the light also :P

Good Thread btw.. been lookin for one like this for a while.

Thanks and keep it up.. =)
    Gryfterr Soulshadow - Cleric of Innorouk and Keeper of the Holy Handgrenade

about half an hour ago i tested the broken bridge exploit in CC=Crystal Caverns. once i finally FOUND the place...i stopped on one side, and pulled the terrors. they proceeded to drop into the water, and come on after me..so i wanted to say that this does not work anymore.
    "As All Things Live..So Too Do All Things Die..Except For Me..."

Are you sure you were standing in the right place blessed? You have to stay on the path..

teh experienced n00blet

Hello all,

I'm still learning how to be a cleric. I'm 36th lvl and I'm really sick of getting a group all the time. My str really sucks and I can't melee. Is there anywhere I can go to lvl by myself or am I stuck with groups for the rest of my cleric career? I love playing a cleric tho don't get me wrong. I'm only 3 lvls away from getting CH. I want my new spells LoL!

Larorne Soulgazer
    Perxus Server

Default COM

Don't forget City of Mist,, starting at level 39 (if you have good gear)... You can solo here until level 56... Plus it's mostly undead,, so get your nukes ready kids this place is fun... 85% undead fyi
    Frodster Frodling
    65 Cleric (combine Server)
    65 paladin Rodcet

Larorne why are you sick of getting a group? I think you've picked the wrong class if you dont want to group...sure there are places to solo...but, after a certain point and time..you won't have much choice if any at all. Maybe you could rethink your choice of class...necro's nice solo class...bards as well...I don't play those much myself but, then again i'm a group kinda person.

Sharps shinies

Priestess Rezmatez Rezmistress
    Firestormers Cleric Leader

I love being a cleric....but there are some days I don't want to group....but thx

I would suggest the Basalisks in Jagged Pine in the caves near the Brell worshipping Gnolls ( leave them alone and they won't bother you) with a decent group of 30's. I send most of my guildies there after they are sick of or disgusted with HHK. A tank and Cleric paired can do well here but loot is not as good as HHK, bu ton the bright side if you don't mind monatany you can stay here until 38-42 or even 45 if you like to farm teh eggs from teh genitor type basalisks. I would recommend at least a second tank or some more DPS to make the xp'n alot faster. Just fair warning the "a basalisk genitor" stun with a spell like effect, it is really annoying and seems to last way too long. Also of note some pages for research drop rarely and a stack of 20 eggs sell for about 14p with decent charisma. There is also a banker off in some caves to the left of the gnoll stronghold in the caves. Unless you ruin your faction with them which only takes about 3 kills to go to KOS with them. Can't remember if there is someone to sell to there but there is a small Dru outpost out in teh forest those of good aligned races can sell and buy from and there is a banker there as well. The eggs are good for making dough for baking as well as selling if your into tradeskilling. Sorry for the long post but I have found this to be a good place to get xp and is rarely used on my server except by my guildmates and there are not too many of us.

Almost forgot easiest way to get there is through Blackburrow, need to click the Gem on a stick at the bottom where the gnoll courier disapears. Just stick to the right side and you will eventually come to teh bassy caves. There are 4 caves if sticking to the right the first 2 have four spawns in them all spawns are stagnant and they are not social, when starting out teh only ones that will agro without actually hitting them will be the genitor type. The 3rd cave has at least 8 spawns (can't remember exact number) and the last cave is back past the first 2 caves and to the right as your returning that way and has roughly 6 spawns in it.
    May your Destiny be Epic and with the blessing of Tunare to boot!!!

<<<---Only member of Postaholic's Anonymous--->>>

Gags Ongnomes 70 Epic War (1.0)
    Woundremover Damagecontrol 70 Epic Cleric (1.0)
    Juewl Krafter 70 Enc
    Katreg Destan 70 Bst

OMG...can't belive no one mentioned my clerical playground Kaesora...grab a pally and a chanter and jump down to the library...all undead, nice loots(spirit tome, dusty ransackers, spirit shroud and a few other things dropped)...the xp here is juiced and you will lvl fast

At level 39 i have having a hard time getting too 40.
    TOFS sounds cool but the green mobs hit very hard and seem too have ton of hp. too much work for the bother will try again at 40 when my dawnfire procs.
    Lguk These hit for little less just was not doing the melle dmg i needed too handle adds, Some undead wizard rocked my world and had too gate.
    OT no one there
    Solb with War for while cool great exp but when she left grrrr.
    DL vacant.
    Would the DL camp for VP piece be good exp at 39.

(admin edit) We do not permit advertising of this nature on this website. Thus the orginal content was removed.

Thank you,

Auroralee Borealis
    Last edited by Auroralee; 08-25-2005 at 07:15 PM.

Been playing a cleric/beastlord duo lately, mainly out of boredom. Never played a cleric past 20, at the time money for gear and spells was short, and I couldn't seem to progress at all. Once I started to two-box I played around with some class combos. Cleric is working for me now, I've leveled to 30 by soloing the early levels, boxing to 22, and grouping both with and without my beastlord in the group. Been lots of fun and I look forward to moving on to all the cool stuff like the epics.

Spent the last few levels in Overthere. Xp was fantastic as a hotspot, and is still pretty good for a duo at the SF ramp. I have all my spells other than the LDoN scrolls, and I have my shaman parked there to add buffs to my beast and pet. Tomorrow when I get home from work, I will move both to Gunthak, where I will cleanse the beach. Gunthak has always been a good zone for xp 30-40. I will then move into Dulak where the loot drops can add up to some significant coin, and the xp isn't bad either.