Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where to Fight (lvl 30 - 40)

Sermon of the Rightious is a Damage Over Time spell (DOT). Essentially, you can root the mob, cast Sermon on them and sit while it's health goes down slowly so you can gain mana.

I'm doing the Graveyard in Katta, and those nasty suckers take Sermon and Turning of the Unnatural before their health goes down... they have a mad regen rate.
    Mattress Tagpuller
    -Nobody loves me-

well wehn i cast sermon on lesser ice shards.. it doesnt really work?

I think it's an undead only dot. Don't quote me on that however as I have not bought the spell yet. Check caster's realm.

Aye they are undead only dots (as are all of the cleric dots). Fight some undead with your dots and you start looking like a kiting druid.
    Mattress Tagpuller
    -Nobody loves me-

Hi All;

I'll just take a moment to introduce myself, since this is my first post on this board.

I"m a lvl 33 Cleric (So, close to 34, I can taste it!)
    I play on the AB server.
    ----------------------------------------------------

Around lvl 31 I went to Rathe Mtns looking for giant skeletons for one of my Temple of Ro quests...

I had a blast killing those things! When I got to the ruins I had someone help me break the spawns, after that I went to town on those skely's. I'd get a Sow, cast Sermon, and just kite those things around, casting Dismiss Undead. (My root never seemed to stick!) Ha, I had a few /tells asking if I was ok. I guess people don't like seeing a Cleric being chased by Mob's.

It was fun, pretty good exp, and I got a quest item out of it.

Default Re: Where to Fight (lvl 30 - 40)

what about SolA and SolB? are those any good [getting sick of DSP]

anyone know about the mines of nurga? sounds like a good place to take your FM group when your bored of giants

These are great posts guys.....I've been fumbling around with OT and DSP but I really like the look of LadyGuineaPig's Gulf of Somewhere! Just hit 37....and can't wait for CH!
    Regards
    Eder Oftenoom
    57 Tunare Cleric
    VS Server

Celilu...why did you need help breaking the spawn? As clerics, we get access to the Lull line of spells, which makes it easy to single pull, whether indoors or outdoors.
    ...and they, being naughty in thine eyes, shall snuff it...

Personally the best exp i have found in teh game 14 to 34 is Paludal Caverns till about 24 and then Highkeep until 34, will need to get into Warrior Room (WR) or Raider Room (RR) by 30 or so to keep exp flowing
    Spent time in Dawnshroud (ok exp good loot (go with Tribals if you can!)
    and Dreadlands ok exp and ok loot random stuff (its generally a higher lvl zone but i never had trouble finding a group at 34 if you are a little persistent)
    exp is slowing down to about 1-2 yellow an hour

Group Exp - Crystal Caverns in the pit or close to town, Paw, With a strong group Echo Caverns Deep side, Overthere, Frontier Mountains.

Solo Exp - Crystal Caverns - go down to the way to the right, your first left heading upwards is 1 orc spawn great place to xp, The VP Key Mob in Dreadlands 8 minutes

Just found out another good zone, and one that's pretty much empty most of the time: Dalnir. I'd say 99% of the mobs in there are dark blue at levdl 34, and I was getting 1 to 2% XP per kill in a 6-person group.
    ...and they, being naughty in thine eyes, shall snuff it...

Hello, Just signed up and thought I would give a contribution to the soloing cleric (/gasp). I solo quite a bit and though at times I end up on the wrong end of the engagement, I do enjoy it.

I soloed Giant Skeletons in Rathe Mountains at level 24. My main Spells were Dismiss Undead, Celestial Remedy, Healing, Spook the dead, Undead DOT (name escapes me ATM), Sense the Dead, and Flash of Light. I normally would start at the Rathear Lake zone in where there is a hill with Cyclops and Giant Skeletons. Then once this area was clear I would move over to the Skeletons were at a deserted druid ring is. I had to insert “Calm” into my spell line up to help pull singles though I did get adds more then I would of liked. I also would venture over to where the Hill Giants spawned though I had to be on my toes at all times. I would kill any skeleton that conned yellow or below.

My technique would be to melee initially and then FOL the skeleton (or spook) and nuke it as it runs off and as it returns I would not root because FOL was less manna and somewhat more reliable (though sometimes resisted). These skeletons have very low HPs and do not hit very often. At times, I would pull with the Undead DOT and melee longer or for the entire fight. I have 187 wisdom and this method normally only took a bulb and a half to finish one fight.

At 34, I ventured into the Feerrott and camped the tree spec. Expel Undead rocks their world :c). I started my camp at the top of the hill directly facing the Spec (I wanted him to quiver in my presence) Cast the Undead DOT and run backwards until my spell gems would refresh then hit her with my best Undead Nuke. I am taking damage now and it is easy to lose confidence but I FOL or Spook the Spec and keep trying through all the resist. Once I have the Spec running I again start nuking and continue until dead. The spawn time is about 6 minutes and I needed every second to regen manna and health.

What ever you do at this camp you must never Spook or FOL the Spec at its spawn point. It will head towards the wall and you will have many more specs eating away at your HPs. Also even after you pull it as described above you must ensure you do not go to a wall this can bring more specs raining down on you. If you happen to get more then one Spec you may as well RLH to Rathe Mountains zone.

At 35, I ventured to Gunthak and battled undead on the beach. They do not have many HPs but they do hit hard and fast. While I did try to melee them, it just was not worth the effort. I would just nuke them to death either by channeling through the melee or rooting then nuking (Heals required as needed). I normally would set up my camp along the left wall near the Troll sailor. Pulling from out in front and the spawns to my left. I could safely AFK med near the Troll as long as I wasn't trained.

Using the above, I am maxed in Offensive and Defensive with 1HB and Bash very close to max. Best of all I had a ton of fun except for the few CR’s I had to do. I grouped at times just to keep my skills up while working with others and for a change of pace.

Hope this helps someone.

GrnEyes
    Dwarven Cleric of Zeb
    Lover of Stout and Courage.

Post Re: Where to Fight (lvl 30 - 40)

Heyas,

Just thought id drop my 2 cents in as I havent seen the SolA clockworks metioned yet. By far the best exp that i have seen from 30 to 40 so far is in a group killin clockworks in sol A...if you dont mind the faction hit. The exp modifier in this zone makes it awesome to fight in from lvl 24 +. From lvl 24 to 30 a person can camp the gobs or even better, lord Gimblox if there is no higher lvl cleric campin him.
    Should bring a good group though as this is an area that has the possibility of multiple adds, especially if you dont snare the mob. If that one extra gob or clockwork gets away, take my advice...EVAC IMMEDIATELY!!!! LOL My group made this mistake twice, once with gobs and once with clockworks, which is why i can say both do this. The escapee brought back half the bloody dungeon. We survived the first wave, but just when we thought it was over, another wave came in and wiped us.

Anyways just my two cents on lvl 30 to 40 exp.

Drmorph Ineaddict
    38th lvl cleric of Kane Bayle

LDoN if you got it use it. for me either 2 or 3 goes in the dungeons i get a ding started in there 33 not 36. If you get a good group you can clear the whole place before time runs out. I have only been to 2 of them (ButcherBlock and Everfrost) they also have South Ro, North Ro, East Commons, and 2 other places i dont remember. But great places to go level not as good money as other places but if your more after leveling good places to go.