Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where to Fight (lvl 20 - 30)

skull1 Where to Fight (lvl 20 - 30)

Use this thread to discuss good places for a cleric lvl 20 to 30 to fight.

Feel free to include soloing guides, mobs, locations etc.

Buck up boys and girls, this is absolute hell at its best.

Highkeep

The only place I currently know with fast EXP. But things may have changed with Luclin! Head to Highkeep hold and get in a gobbie group. And prepare for boredom and claustrophobia. Bring a book, the spawns seem so much longer than 15 minutes, and the constant TRAIN and KS shouts will get on your nerves. But it only gets better from here, stick with it and it will all be over soon!
    I mugged a GM, can you Tell?
    Ganeiel Moorwind
    56 Cleric of Saryrn

Shoot me now and heal me later. Lake of Ill Omen is still Number one in my book. Maybe cause I went through hell there. Also its where I started my soloing career really. I know Places like Marus Seru and Netherbian Lair are starting to take people away from Loio. I still say It's number one though. Although the other two will suffice also.
    Notoriouz Wun
    Great Dwarven Cleric
    of
    Xegony

I currently have my lvl 29 Dwarf Cleric parked at the top of CC (Crystal Caverns) in EW (eastern wastes) in Velious.

Although there is rarely anyone in this zone anymore at my lvl like there was before Luclin, it is still a nice spot to hunt in hands down at this lvl.

The are a few tricky parts to this area.

1. If you are a lower lvl 28-30 getting into CC is difficult without either sow & invis. The R'Gyorr orcs hit hard.

2. If you get inside you will find you cannot bind at the top once you are inside. You have ot bind yourself just outside the entrance.

3. If no one is camping the top portion of the zone then you have to somehow get an invis and prefferably a levitation to assist you in getting down to the bottom level of this area VIA the big hole to your right as you progress down the cave from the entrance.

4. If you are a dwarf then you are in luck. Once you reach the bottom there is a city to be found. You can bind, bank and sell in here. Hence you can spent the next few levels providing you either can get a group and or get to the bottom.

Also at this lvl 29-31 The Tizmiks in Greater Divide are a nice catch. You are close to the city Thurgians (sp) to run into if you get into trouble and the mobs tend not to wander up by their cave entrances.

Happy hunting!
    Last edited by Vegulatan; 10-16-2002 at 08:33 AM.
    ~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~
    Vegulatan DaStubborn
    30 Cleric of Solusek Ro
    The Draconian Mist

until 26 paludal is the best zone fo XP at 24 1 blue per kill (soloing)
    Exarch Waza
    Archon of The Celestial Rapture
    Kane Bayle Server

beer

HEY GUYS WISE UP FROM 20-30 WANT SOME EXP GOTO SOL-A THAT IS SOME DANG GOOD EXP. PLUS SOME NICE DROPS COMPARED TO OTHER AREAS AND THE DROPS.

Depends on how twinked you are, but if not older world zones are more open.
    Exarch Lillyy Llu 65 Archon Bertoxxulous
    "Why be good when it is so easy to be bad?"
    Sage Aanaelen Llu 65 Arcanist
    Lilzz Llu 65 Feral Lord

waterdrop

I went to 25 in Paludal, then to 20 in Netherbian. This being my main and no other real experiance with the game preLuclin. It was great. For me, at that lvl walking away after 3 hours of fighting in a full group with 2 lvls and 30 plat each... Pretty nice. Again, though, this was my first experiance at this lvl. No PLing, but lots of chain pulling. Lots of me sitting on my arse. /smilewink

Hate to bust your chops bud..

All races are apprehensive to the Jamacian Dorfs.

You cannot bind here.

You can sell, if you can sneak.

So nya :P
    I mugged a GM, can you Tell?
    Ganeiel Moorwind
    56 Cleric of Saryrn

Luclin Mar Sue think the name, my mage was soloing reds and yellows there 3 nukes mob was running. Kei and get sow potions. Made 3 lvls in 30mins
    Lilzz Llu 65 Feral Lord

that's a mage /pft

Maru Seru is good at this lvl range indeed... What about Unrest? Undeads up to lvl 35 isn't it? Grab a pally and due the rotting mobs!!

Marus Seru indeed is best!
    Grab Kei And sow at Nexus go to MS, And start partnering, Grab a mage, Necro, Tank, or whatever that can make and take damage.
    Best xp i got at this lvl...
    My class: Cleric.
    My job: Be OOM.

I've been messing around with a warrior (he's 2, and I've noticed that typically the best solo xp I can get is in the old worlds. Why? The hps seem to be so much lower.
    Galvatist Goodhealer
    63 Faithful Years

Galv's Temple

The Magician that said they got 3 levels in 30 minutes is completely full of crap. On average, killing stonegrabbers (highest XP in the zone) you can expect a yellow con to give you 3/4 to 1 blue of XP per kill - and considering they average 500-700 HP and have a 30% chance to resist your spells if you're lower con than they, that's quite a bit of nuking! My 25 Magician with 224 INT and KEI can kill 3 high con mobs, and then I have to sit on my tail and regen mana for 8 full minutes. Somebody calculate how many mobs I can kill in 30 minutes, and explain how I'm gonna get 3 levels in that amount of time. The Zelniaks, Lightcrawlers, and Rockhoppers are worse experience than the Stonies, and Recuso hit -very- hard for their level and offer mediocre experience compared to the other mobs.

Best XP I've had so far with my cleric post-Paludal has been Lake of Ill Omen. I can solo (battle cleric) indefinitely with KEI any dark blue or even-con mobs there, and get the same experience as Marus Seru with MUCH less downtime due to fact mobs have 1/3 to 1/2 the hitpoints they do on Luclin for same given XP. Only tricky part about LOIO is getting a pull spot where you can obtain quality-con mobs, and pull to safety, avoiding the adds.

Yeolan

SolA not to bad solo 15% xp bonus to
    Lilzz Llu 65 Feral Lord