Thread: Invis and ITU

Default Invis and ITU

Everytime I cast ITU and then someone casts invisibility on me, the invis removes the ITU.

Is there a combination for clerics that allows both ITU and invisibility to be both up at the same time.

Yes, and it's two fold.

One of you has to be using the spell version while the other uses the AA version; note it's been a while so both using the spell version may also be ok ... however you both can NOT use the AA version.

The 2nd point is the invis has to land on you first and the ITU 2nd.

When my husband and I did this, I'd tell him to start casting his invis AA and then I'd start my ITU cast. Spell takes longer to cast than the AA so invis would hit first and then ITU would hit second - and they both would be on you at the same time.

Actually Chrystilla, aa invis and IVU can be used. Since there is a small casting time on the cleric IVU aa, if timed right the aa can be used. I do this combo using my cleric and ranger. I will admit that this combo is best in a box situation as it is practially impossible to get the timing right if two folks are involved. That is why when I am traveling with my cleirc, I don't worry aobut memming a spell, I use the AA.

I do agree, spell and AA are the way to go to get both types of invis on you. Cleric uses spell and whomever else uses the AA. Much easier to coordinate the casting of both when one is a spell with a casting time.
    Ariowen Dor'Drondel - Ranger
    Nicoletta Dor'Drondel - Cleric
    Avenora Dor'Drondel - Bard
    Sabanil Winddancer - Shaman

Alarius
    Cazic Thule
    Ari's Stuff
    Nic's stuff
    Ave's stuff

Good to know something's changed then.

My husband's a mage and I can 100% guarantee it wasn't like this for the longest time (once they had allowed 2 to be on a player at a time). We had tested every combination multiple times and AA always overwrote AA.

So while I'm surprised it's now working, if it is, that's good news. Gives more options then.

It is fully a timing thing, as when I don't get the timing right, either the cleric or the ranger only ends up with one of the invis types. But that is not an issue of one overwriting the other, but an issue of one invis hits and then the other casts breaking that invis. But since the cooldown of both aa are quick, I can redo it without losing much time.
    Ariowen Dor'Drondel - Ranger
    Nicoletta Dor'Drondel - Cleric
    Avenora Dor'Drondel - Bard
    Sabanil Winddancer - Shaman

Alarius
    Cazic Thule
    Ari's Stuff
    Nic's stuff
    Ave's stuff