Thread: Spell idea to make overheal useful

Default Spell idea to make overheal useful

Hi all,

Been a while since I was last active here, but I had a thought during our raid tonight that I wanted to bring up for discussion with my fellow clerics. I was thinking of how we do so much overheal that goes to waste - so how about a special heal that will convert the overheal portion of a heal into a rune for the target?

I could see this being expensive, or having other drawbacks such as the rune not being a 1:1 ratio, but it could be balanced out in better ways - such as requiring that it heals at least X amount of "real" health before turning into a rune, or having a maximum rune size, and of course being overwritten by other clerics landing the same thing. It would have to stack with other runes however.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Pain Lord Silvershadow Steelclad, Bloodreaver of Innoruuk
    Ancient Dominion (Antonius Bayle)

That would be an outstanding idea. So much mana is wasted at the begininning of an event before we get the "rhythm" of what it takes to keep a certain tank up against a particular mob, or even in spikey stuations when you just dont know how much damage the tank is going to take in the next few seconds, so you overcompensate.