Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Broke!

Default Broke!

This may sound like a silly question, but I have to ask cuz I am flat out broke and need some good advice. Where are some good places that a lvl 85 cleric can solo to farm some major plat? With these mercs costing 95pp per 15 mins, I can't afford to use them much. And no, I do not want to buy my plat...

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Broke!

ironically, one of the easiest cash spots is the lvl55 hotzone crypt of decay. great for tribute and vendor loot. if you make the bag space and go there 1 hr a week (set alarm for 3 am when zoen is empty lol!) you can pay for merc for rest of the week

if you actually want to get aa at 85 while doing it. old commonlands drops a lot of spells/diamonds/dust which you can sell

maybe minos in dsh too , sell that meat! vendor trash nice off them too is you stack em up

nto sure if this kind of cash is junk for ya, but it'll easily pay for your merc and potions

As val mentioned, crypt of decay is a decent spot to get cash (at 76 I still get great solo AA exp there) and I can get a few thousand plat by selling the diamonds and other vendor fodder. Save the lillies as well. On my server (Drinal) I can sell a stack for 1k (so 20pp a piece). Not sure about the prices elsewhere.

Other options that I've used in the past... killing HGs in rathe mountains can get about 2k an hour if I remember right. Killing in Old Seb is pretty decent as well, but the drops are hit or miss (can camp the fungi tunic which sells for 50k regularly, as well as kill all of the frogs for their loot). Once fableds are over your best bet would be to get into Kael and kill King Tormax a couple times. He's a 7 day spawn but if you can get in on him once, then you'll be set. If you have good skyshrine faction you can turn in his head for a White Dragon Helm that sells easily for 30k on my server. Otherwise his drops can get at least 15k a piece. Kill the magus in one of the rooms behind him for an Orb of the Infinite Void... could sell that for 15k as well before I saturated the market with em. One of the nameds in KT's room also drops barbed dragonscale armor (boots and pauldrons) that sells for 3.5-5k as well.

I know that I'm pretty old school with my suggestions, and they are definitely not for everyone. Other servers also might not have the same market for twink loot either. Until I get high enough to farm the upper level zones, these are my best suggestions

Good luck!

PS - all of the lower level defiant gear generally sells fairly well on my server, too.

Not bad suggestions. The crypt of decay one is what I am using atm. It is good for vendor trash if the mobs are not stingy with the gems. The Circle Toe Bones tribs for 1600 and the Waist from Elite Corupted (forgot name) tribs for 600. If you can get the Carprin Cycle done, you can get close to 50K tribute for the cycle if not more depending on the drops from the named. On the nameless tribute items sell for about 1K for every 8K tribute point value.

Being old school EQ (ten years playing), loot EVERYTHING and sell it, does not matter if it sells for 1sp or 1000pp, be a loot whore. You can also do buffing, yeah mercs cut into it a lot, but I still see shouts for Gall and such in Guild Lobby especially those that have mercs that cannot cast that spell.

Good Luck on making plat, it takes time.

Speaking of tribute, if you are in need, head to the Temple of Droga. You can easily max it out in a few days of camping. Most of the stuff isn't worth much plat wise, however, aside from a few of the weapons... Grand Scepter of Ice sells for a few k, Copper Hammer of Striking sells for around 5k, and I'm sure a few others things will sell for a small amount. Actually, makes me wanna go back there now that I have a few levels, gear, and AAs so I can tear it up hehe.

I was about to make a post with this same question lol.Does anyone know of a zone with easy kills and with a vendor in it?I know dulak's harbor would be $$ but the only vendor there needs the hide ability to sell stuff to.I usually kill all of the weak con mobs in jewel of attiki starting at the zonein and making my way down to the pool and usually get 2k in drops.The trouble is having to gate back and sell the stuff.

Fcseven XIII the Dark Kiter Necromancer
    Fcten XoII the Trickster Cleric

You have the new Vet Reward? Only good I found for the Vet Merchant and Banker is to sell and bank in a zone, once buffs drop, then I move character out to get refreshing.

FCten said in post #6 :
    I was about to make a post with this same question lol.Does anyone know of a zone with easy kills and with a vendor in it?I know dulak's harbor would be $$ but the only vendor there needs the hide ability to sell stuff to.I usually kill all of the weak con mobs in jewel of attiki starting at the zonein and making my way down to the pool and usually get 2k in drops.The trouble is having to gate back and sell the stuff.
    One idea is to get your faithstone and then you can bind wherever you wish and use the faithstone to get back to the vendors and gate back to your hunting grounds. I used to do this back before respawn with gear and it worked then.. usually. Now that we respawn with gear, it's basically fool-proof. The faithstone might not be the easiest thing to come by, but it works. You can also use the Origin AA as well, but that has a recast timer.

lamp Re: Broke!

Thats a really good idea.I do have the stone for my class too.Now I need to find a zone I can bind in.I can't do it in my usual spot but i'll look around.

Fcseven XIII the Dark Kiter Necromancer
    Fcten XoII the Trickster Cleric

I use an instanced to score plats these days. I have second account (75 Zerker) with Merc parked in lobby and I run this solo with cleric. Note: I net about 3-4% reg EXP per run, and have gone from 40% into 83 to 60% into 84 running this and made well over 100K. Do the math, I have run this task ALOT! heheee

Task is DoD 68.4, The Search for Illsuras

Easy task, lots of spiders, NO healing casters (no casters at all unless you count the HT SK mobs). Vendor drops in an hour or so net 2-3K plat, and Baz-able TS items net much much more over nite. 3 runs a day I easily walk with 7-10K and bags of silks/ores to sell in baz. Not to mention the EXP, will try it on full AA someday as Im pushing for 85.

As a side note, I started running this task JUST to get the click shrink earring, Earring of Diminutiveness but have yet to see it drop. I stayed for the plats and EXP.

Edit to add the earring.
    Last edited by Gini; 05-07-2009 at 10:04 AM.

I read through the link that you gave for the Quest. Looking at your info in your sig, you and I are about the same. Wondering if you are going in with a merc and you are Merc Soloing or do you two box with your second account. I am thinking of trying this, just to help grind out more exp to lvl 85 (1/2 way thru 83 atm). Any info would be great!!

FCten said in post #9 :
    Thats a really good idea.I do have the stone for my class too.Now I need to find a zone I can bind in.I can't do it in my usual spot but i'll look around.
    I know a lot of times you can't bind inside some zones, especially those that are dungeons (so when I'm farming Droga I bind just outside in FM). I haven't tried it much with the newer zones, especially since I've been grinding away at AAs in Crypt of Decay, so I can't comment on the 'bindability' of newer zones

Hey Gini /waves /huggles Once I get a few more levels I think I'm going to start on that task. I was planning on camping the shrink wand in The Deep but your option sounds a lot more fun and productive. It sounds like you are soloing it, without a merc. Is that correct?

Hiyas Dain and Cumd

I solo the task. My merc is suspended, second account has merc up and both sit in lobby. I just need the spots to get task, need 3 in group. Group is me actually doing task, Bot Zerker lvl 75 and her merc sit in lobby.

Not to fool anyone, I have actually died doing task... SPOILER INC....

First spot is the Monolith click. Once room is cleared I go in, PR self, click, Invis and run to surface.... SOMETIMES up to 8 mobs will spawn and agro. Usually its 3-4 which is easily done, but if I get that 8 pop... lots of running and heals and crossing fingers ;p

Second spot is a bugged spawn in jail area. Mob is in cell far NW corner. It will warp once agroed and bring back most of the mobs left in zone. I avoid that mob now and exit jail after clicking the chest.

Hope this helps some. HUGS!

And yes, I looked into the wand from The Deep... Mobs are all grey no EXP so I went with this, and Ima think the mob lvl scales to average lvl of group, so I get lb and green grouped with 2 75's (zerk and merc).
    Last edited by Gini; 05-07-2009 at 01:26 PM.

Thanks for the info.

Just got the Earring!! 50th clearing dropped on 12th mob, a defiler.

2% to 85, started doing these 40% into 84.

GL all, there is loots there...

HUGS~!