Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone out there =P

Default Re: Anyone out there =P

i agree.... I have played a cleric 7 years------------ not so much anymore tho

Those of you no longer playing a cleric I'd be curious to know what games you play and what classes you now play and how they compare.

Those of you no longer playing a cleric I'd be curious to know what games you play and what classes you now play and how they compare.
    For the record, I've always loved my cleric and still do, and there is no way I'd ever delete her or sell/give her away.

I've played EQ practically since the beginning (to me, old school means you were playing before there was a Plane of Fear, much less an expansion). My cleric was originally an alt, but became my main around the time PoP came out. However since early 2004 I've been playing on and off, though increasingly less on and more off. I played my necro a lot, as well as leveling my cleric.

During Living Legacy I joined a group of friends who had returned, and played my old SK to tank for them. Now when I play EQ at all, I'm most inclined to play my SK. And hey, it's still a Dark Elf in plate! =p

Other games:

Lineage 2. Played for about a year. I mostly played an SK like class and a paladin like class. Heavy armor, shields, strong defenses, taunts, spells. That was when I first really got into tanking (ok, I played a warrior in EQ but only till I outgrew Unrest). I also played a dark elf oracle, a decent healer with some neat buffs. Similar to a cleric only in that it was primarily a healer. I might be tempted to play again for a bit - really did like my dark elf tank - if they hadn't started using gameguard.

World of Warcraft. My shaman was often like playing a cleric, decent armor, would sometimes tank in a pinch or off tank, healed well, was a lot of fun. But WoW now is a far cry from what it was and even farther from what it was supposed to be.

I played DDO (Dungeons & Dragons Online) for a while in late beta, mainly worth mentioning because of the cleric class. Yes, it was a lot like an EQ cleric, but DDO was so messed up my friends and I didn't stay for retail.

Right now I mostly play Guild Wars. I still try to keep track of what's going on with MMOs, and am open to trying something new. GW suits my needs fine though. Not playing healers so much but we'll see how my new ritualist works out. Can't really say that I have one favorite class.

Overall I've largely turned away from healing classes. In old school EQ it was fun, today, not so much anymore. If I play some kind of healer at all it's more likely to be a hybrid. I've played casters, my EQ necro still being my all time favorite. I like rogue and ranger type classes when done well, and tanks when they have more than 2 buttons.
    Miriella
    75 Cleric of Innoruuk
    Cazic Thule

Still playing my cleric on EQ, but have been working on both my mage and SK. Like to have a little variety to keep things alive and fresh.

I've done a lot of MMO soul searching over the past several years, not sure how many anymore. I have come back to EQ because it worked the best on my children computers and overall still has some cool things about especially old world stuff. I only started a druid, because I thought it'd be funny to have two clerics on the same server and I wanted to continue to play a healer-type. I've even been moonlighting as a Beastlord, but I still like to get my cleric out and run with her. My daughter is now at level for me to take her with me and that helps too.

I played WoW, EQ2, LotR, Vanguard, WAR, StarWars, Conan and keep coming back to EQ. I think the one out of that list that hooked me most was Vanguard, but it was only for the graphics. I was sad to see that the gameplay left much to be desired. Although, I say EQ is great, there have been so many changes that in someways it has lost a lot of sparkle, but it still proves a challenge and I'll stay for now, until a new shiny penny drops.

/hugs

EQ doesn't appeal to the newer players as much as the newer MMOs do, and the old player base is changing. People get older, get jobs, children, other interests and responsibilities. We no longer come home and log on every day to spend the whole evening in EQ. We don't want to go LFG for 2 hours just to get started. And now, we can no longer log on every day and say to our friends/guildies, let's form a group and do something - because the people often aren't there anymore. People leave and aren't replaced. When I look at my old endgame guild, most members only log on for the raids if then. Most clerics are botted.

If you've been gone for a couple of years, the gap is enormous. Right now if I wanted to play with what's left of my old guild, I'd have to work a long time to catch up somewhat. And yes, grind/grind/grind/grind is work, not play, especially if friends are dropping out of the game again left and right. The defiant armor, much as some people hate it, was needed just so new/returning players can afford some base level gear to participate in the game at all today.

Releasing another expansion with a new level cap, more AA, and a further increase of the gear gap, right after Living Legacy, probably wasn't the smartest move either.

Anyway, right now work calls.
    Miriella
    75 Cleric of Innoruuk
    Cazic Thule

hey all just pokin my head in to say hey i'm mostly playing wow now and got me a pally at level 71 there and a 77 warrior on a different server

best of wishes to all

hehe havent been here in awhile (2 kids will do that) as for healing i left it once the DKs came out in wow and now i'm a tanker lol tho healers still scare me...now that my life depends on em. ^_^

Still playing, still raiding, going to Fan Faire too.

My View <<<|>>> EQ Players <<<|>>> My Crew

Still playing, switched out of the raiding guild for right now (playtime has dropped for 2 months) and I'll be at the fan faire as well.

Crystilla
    EQ Round Table Member
    Devoted Brell serving wench
    Valorguard / Erollisi Marr server

i'm thinking of coming back well my friend is happy , hes the only one i talk/hear from and is now guild leader of an old nice raiding guild lol. i kind of really wanna try and see if i can get back in the game tho i'm 11 lvls behind they tell me wouldnt be hard to get me back up and running.

/sigh...put the cleric away again. Since the move last year, it was tough on my server (Vaz/MS) to get a group.
    Hubby suggested changing servers to see what there was to see. We swapped servers, started from scratch. He started a bard, I made a druid.
    I got lucky one day and found a spell, spent all my platz (800 and change!) and flipped to a barter for 400k. Got new pants...and shoes...and a hat to match.
    I have 2 other toons on the server, a necro and a ranger because out of all the classes I have played, those are the two I was best at.
    I have stuck with the druid. What can I say, I like the ability to port. Plus, she is fun sized.
    FV has treated us well, I just dinged 73 on the druid.
    Megz Chasingcats~Retired
    Faerune, Elven Druid of Firiona Vie

Miriella said in post #21 :
    EQ doesn't appeal to the newer players as much as the newer MMOs do, and the old player base is changing. People get older, get jobs, children, other interests and responsibilities. We no longer come home and log on every day to spend the whole evening in EQ. We don't want to go LFG for 2 hours just to get started. And now, we can no longer log on every day and say to our friends/guildies, let's form a group and do something - because the people often aren't there anymore. People leave and aren't replaced. When I look at my old endgame guild, most members only log on for the raids if then. Most clerics are botted.
    I was fortunate, that when I left EQ I had someone to take over the guild. She is great and the guild has stayed together with a wonderful core group. You are so right that the core of EQ has changed. My guild has grown up. I remember when I played with most of their kids but now their kids are grown and married. In the time I was gone I also went to school and obtained my Bachelor's and Master's degrees. I didn't play much of anything in that time.

I don't log in every night like like I did, but I log in about 2 or 3 times a week with my kids. I also still write. I'm thinking about taking some creative writing courses at the local community college.

yea i think thats why wow is so nice , you can log on for an hour and get something done , with eq i use to log on every day and play for hours ( my cleric has almost a year of play time *hides*) but i got a bigger life 2 kids make it pretty busy when the ages are 5 months to 2 years lol