Thread: Power Leveling

Default Power Leveling

Can a cleric really (efficiently) PL others? The only real rule it who does the most damage gets the kill, right? So, throwing them to the wolves and spam heal is the obvious way to do it. What are some other workable, level appropiate tactics?

Default Re: Power Leveling

Ok - so let me explain.

I have a 67 decently (non-raid) equiped cleric. My wife has a 27 paladin she rolled up awhile back who she wants to pick back up. Figured we'd have a good time in lower guk - so I grab some DS pots for us both and we are off. Ward of Veng and a DS pot and I pull a bunch and mark a few but ward of veng chewed through them pretty fast; however, she gets no experience despite doing damage to some. We try again with a single to ensure she's doing enough dmg - It was a runner, so I rooted and again no damage. I take off ward of veng and just start healing her and most of the time she will not get any exp if they focus on me at all.

I have no problem keeping her alive while she whittles mobs away (slowly) but it is disturbing that she is not getting any exp for her efforts even when she does all the work. Any thoughts here?

Are you grouped? The level limit for the lowest level to group is 1.5 X current level if I recall. So that would mean she can only group with someone upto 39th lvl and still get exp. For one of my wife's characters, we went to GD and I pulled and put reversed DS on mobs and let her kill them. We were not grouped, just kept her targeted and it worked well.

Not grouped. And she'll get some kills but it is inconsistent.

I guess I just wanted to be sure that any of our wards and marks would not be competing damage sources.

DON'T use any of your cleric wards (dont use Vow of ... or ward of ...). They attribute the damage experience to you as the cleric.

DO use mark of the righteous line as that attributes the damage experience to the person hitting the mob. So as long as you aren't swinging to damage the mob, it won't matter if they are beating on you the entire time, if you aren't damaging them and the pally is, she should get the experience steadily.

Crystilla
    EQ Round Table Member
    Devoted Brell serving wench
    Valorguard / Erollisi Marr server

There is my mistake then, both of them. Thanks Crystilla.

Good catch Crys...I did not even think of that...