Thread: Disappointed again...

Default Disappointed again...

Well, I just have to get this off my chest. It is something that has bothered me for some time. It deals with the game selling company Gamestop. They have in the last few years disappointed me everytime I've gone to them for my gaming needs.

Once it was with the release of Vanguard SOH. This was a while ago, and it dealt with pricing. We had put our copies of Vanguard on hold with Gamestop for months before release. The price was going down everywhere else as the release date got closer. When we inquired of our Gamestop if the price was going to change before release they said no. This was a $30 difference if I remember for the collectors additions. We canceled them and bought the collectorís edition from BestBuy for a lot less...

Last time it was getting the expansion for EQ2. This was over a year ago. I got the call the night before the expansion released that it would be at my store the following day. I slipped out of work for lunch that day and walked down the street to the mall. I walked into the store and they said, "Oh sorry we don't have your copy, because I did not arrive on time." I was sad because you know with new expansions on an MMORPG the first day is like Christmas even if the servers are down 90% of the time. I was so upset I waited until I got off work and went to BestBuy to buy it. As a side note, I found out the same thing happened this time with the EQ2 expansion again. (No, I'm not trying to call BestBuy a poster child)

That was not the last time I had to deal with them disappointing me. It was yesterday. I want to go back to EQ with my family. Of course, with the new expansion it's the best to just buy the whole package for the accounts. Now, Iím like most people I like to get a bargain. Gamestop had it listed for download at $19.99. Woot! A deal. Would be better than buying the two accounts at $40 each right? I go to purchase it and it changes it from $19.99 to $39.99. I called the company because the discrepancy. The guy on the phone did not help me much this was after the computer hung up on me. He just told me they would have the issue fixed. it was not fixed in my favor. So, Iím really disappointed again.

Thank you for letting me vent.

Default Re: Disappointed again...

Dang, if you had gotten screenshots of the advertised price you could dispute it with the credit card company.
    Proud to be an EQCleric Admin!

Wow, that sucks. I would stop going to them and save the frustration.

My View <<<|>>> EQ Players <<<|>>> My Crew

I didn't purchase it from them so I'm finding somewhere else to buy it just because.

Auroralee NEVER complains about anything, ever! As long as I've known her she has never complained about something so I had to read this twice when I saw her post in rants and raves.

You're dead on Aurora. Gamestop speculates in gaming and trends squeezing the most they can out of their gamers. I only use our local Gamestop store when no other alternative is available. Like you I find most of my gaming needs covered by BestBuy and they've always honored their posted prices.

Sorry you've had such bad experiences with Gamestop and if at all possible I would just stop doing business with them all together. Heck, even call the store owner and tell your story and let him know he won't be seeing your money from now on.