Thread: Site features

Default Site features

As some of you know, hopefully all of you, we're going through a serious re-design, update and clean up of some of our systems to finally be able to make this site what it should have been a long time ago.

With any major re-haul some features go away and new ones are added.

I can guarantee that the long list of supporters will continue to be recognized and I plan on adding new options available only to those who have donated to the site, be it special avatars, special smileys, posting icons and so forth.

Here's where you come in. I'm committed to keeping this site online and being what it can be going forward. I love this community and those that participate here are mature, respectful people and that's worth taking care of.

We've been limited to only EQ clerics so far but I wanted to ask your opinion about adding other game sections like EQ2, WOW, AOC to feature and talk about the other healer classes. Is this something you would like to see?

Also, I'm seeing the influx in guilds and players alike using the forums as a recruitment tool and I'm very supportive of that. I would like to possibly dedicate one board to guilds and one board to players for this purpose and then pull these in on the front page.

Some of the features going away will be the forum store and some of the other smaller side projects like LOGD, webmail etc. These systems are just not used and take a lot of space.

I want to hear your ideas, suggestions, criticism and anything else you feel could help make this site better. What bugs you the most about this site? What would you like to see more of and so forth.

Some of you might not be comfortable posting your opinion for all to see so feel free to send me a PM. If you'd prefer to email me from an email not associated with the site or your username you can email me at jarvis@eqcleric.com.

Thanks ahead of time for all your honest input!

Default Re: Site features

I don't play other games and as long as its easily identifiable and bookmarkable that I'm going into EQ, I don't personally care if other games are included here.

For recruitment, I think you honestly could do both in the same forum.

The only request I've always had was to move private messages to the top (so they aren't missed).

Crystilla
    EQ Round Table Member
    Devoted Brell serving wench
    Valorguard / Erollisi Marr server

Crystilla, the PM request is a great one and just the kind of feedback I'm looking for. You will be happy to know the update to the forum will move the PM inbox info to the top of the page.

/em passes out her special brew of ale

Crystilla
    EQ Round Table Member
    Devoted Brell serving wench
    Valorguard / Erollisi Marr server

/em grabs the ale with glee and downs it so fast brew runs down his beard on either side. With a blank stare he looks up and falls backwards onto his back, followed by a loud burp and a manic laughter.

cant wait to see it. thx for all your hard work

I agree with Crystilla, that PM feature sounds great and I'm looking forward to it. Thanks for keeping this site for us guys!

I like the new look and feel fo the site.

I like the new face of the boards.

As for other games such as EQ2, WoW, etc. I don't play them, so won't matter to me either way.

One thing I'd like to suggest (don't know if I'm nitpicking or not) is to add the boards links at the bottom of the page, just like on the top. Sometimes a topic can have many replies and when you're on the way bottom, it's just easier to click on the link back to the board topics on the bottom rather than having to scroll all the way up. I guess another way is to add a top of page button.

Just like to say thanks for keeping the site alive. It's a great place for a noob like me to look for info and see what other clerics think.