• I love them! i

5 20.00%
  • I think there ok

8 32.00%
  • i could do with out them

4 16.00%
  • I hate them!

8 32.00%

Thread: cleric mercs love then/hate them ?

Default cleric mercs love then/hate them ?

How do you feel about the new cleric mercs?

Default Re: cleric mercs love then/hate them ?

I don't use them though I'm glad they're here as the rez/buff requests have gone down and I can actually get through guild lobby without being mobbed. I still do 2x a month hour or so buffing (never take donations) but when I'm actually headed somewhere it's been nice not to get side tracked.

I also enjoy seeing the mercs go oom (and their owners not realize it) or see the mercs DA themselves if they get to 80% health - must be the sadistic side of me.

I rarely get time to do any grouping anymore, but when I do folks still take a live cleric over the merc if one is available so I haven't been affected that way. For classes who can't do anything without a healer this has been a godsend so while I hate the infringement on my own class, I am glad others are able to do more now with their time.

Crystilla
    EQ Round Table Member
    Devoted Brell serving wench
    Valorguard / Erollisi Marr server

Need to add..."Don't have expansion yet"

Our epic has been made obsolete. You can grind enough AAs for Blessing of Resurrection in less time than it takes to camp Lord Bergurgle, and even then we're only one of five rezzing classes. (Yes we do 96% instead of 90, but what is the real difference there? One mob? Two?) Our epic 2.0, clicky aside, is an average at best shield in this SoF - SoD era. I see an increasing number of clerics who have laid AoSD aside for other secondaries.
    The one thing left to us was healing, and now Sony has seen fit to replace us with Hit Point vending machines. "Here's your Devout Light, we also have Diet Coke for only 2pp"
    Clearly there is no respect for the players who have devoted thier time to "Clericing"

Bick said in post
    Our epic has been made obsolete. You can grind enough AAs for Blessing of Resurrection in less time than it takes to camp Lord Bergurgle, and even then we're only one of five rezzing classes. (Yes we do 96% instead of 90, but what is the real difference there? One mob? Two?) Our epic 2.0, clicky aside, is an average at best shield in this SoF - SoD era. I see an increasing number of clerics who have laid AoSD aside for other secondaries.
    The one thing left to us was healing, and now Sony has seen fit to replace us with Hit Point vending machines. "Here's your Devout Light, we also have Diet Coke for only 2pp"
    Clearly there is no respect for the players who have devoted thier time to "Clericing"
    I so do agree with you Bick...

I am looking to replace my 2.0 and i banked my 1.0 as soon as i got the BoR AA...
    i really don't remember the last time we as cleric's got something really useful.. Our Complete Heals are a JOKE now... even with our crit heals maxed we can't heal a tank to full with how many HP's they now have...
    I have friends who have made cleric twinkies... and while in group and raids... they can't even fathum what we really do and have to do... If any of my alts where up to speed, which i've been thinking of doing... i'm about to switch Mains.. i'm tired of our class always being looked over.
    I Love being a cleric... i've been playing Tandia for 7 years now, and I'm about done with being put a side. But knowing me i will continue playing my cleric cause she is who i am.. i am a healer by heart and soul and don't think i could really raid with anything else..
    So i guess it's time to see what else i can do with her before i put her on a shelf.

/huggles always