Thread: Mental Clarity

Default Mental Clarity

I never asked this before but it came up recently on how important it was. A LONG time ago I read it and thought to myself how cool of an aa that was but then I got a few items that made me hit the mana regen cap. With todays gear that cap is even easier to attain so I haven't even thought about it until today.

My question is does Mental Clarity increase your mana regen above your cap? For example if your cap was 35 and you purchased the first two levels of Mental Clarity is your mana regen 37? Or is it still 35 if you were over your cap?

I feel really stupid asking the question after SO long but my cleric is my bot now. I do have caster alts but I bot them too so I don't really pay that much attention. I just want to know so that I can put it out of my mind or purchase them now! LOL
    Mendler
    Cleric Bot
    Nickinator
    War main

Default Re: Mental Clarity

Think of it this way.

You get mana regen from:

a) Your innate mana regen from sitting/standing
    b) Mana regen from yaluping
    c) Mana regen from KEI/C8
    d) Mana regen from gear items

Mental clarity line adds to (a) - your innate regen.
    Expansive mind line increases the cap on (d) so that mana regen you are wearing counts for more.

Ultimately the answer to your question of 35 to 37 is 37, but the extra two for mental clarity come because it increases your innate regen rather than because your gear cap increase (that occurs with the expansive mind line).

Crystilla
    EQ Round Table Member
    Devoted Brell serving wench
    Valorguard / Erollisi Marr server

Default Re: Mental Clarity

SOB!!! Thanks Cryst!! This whole time I have been wrong lol!!! Oh well I learned something new today and now I have a lot of aa's buy.
    Mendler
    Cleric Bot
    Nickinator
    War main