Thread: Ptav Solo :)

Default Ptav Solo :)

First off, i'm sure its been done by plenty of other clerics, just want to share my recent conquest

Start off with some stats, was self buffed that for me included...

-Hand of Temerity Rk. II
    -Armor of the Solemn Rk. II
    -Aura of Resolve Rk. II
    -Form of Protection I (sadface for my crappy resist clicky)
    -Maelin's Meditation
    -Reyfin's Random Musings
    -Elixir of Clarity XIII
    -Elixir of Alacrity X
    -Elixir of Spirituality XIII
    -Shield of Flame
    -Distillate of Spikes XIII
    -Resist Magic
    -Resist Disease
    -Divine Intervention
    -Aura of the Pious
    -Levitation
    -Illusion Skelli
    -Shield of Vie
    -Vow of Victory
    -Ward of Requital Rk. III

I was sitting at 22,529Hp -- 19,941Mana -- 3710AC -- 640PR/MR/CR/FR and 612 DR
    My Dot shielding,Spell Shielding, Stun Resist, Shielding, Avoidance are all capp'd.

Fooled around in Veeshan's Peak yesterday awhile, soloing some of the dragons there, got to wondering what I could solo, recently an SK friends of mine had solo'd Ptav, so I wanted to give it a whirl =d

Wasn't expecting to go at it very long, had been planning on going out and having to log within 15minutes, turns out that didn't happen and I settled in for a 1 Hour and 23 Minute fight (4988 seconds on my parse =d).

The pull was dirty, but I had prepared for that as I have tried soloing Ptav before without much luck So the initial pull was Ptav, a Noc and an Ikaav. One can imagine, that damage was coming down pretty hard on me. In the initial fight to kill the Noc and the Ikaav I used about 50% mana keeping myself alive.

Although once the two adds were dead, it was a cake-walk, I hardly used any direct heals throughout the entire fight, mainly just click on the epic for the direct heal, the proc from Vow of Victory and Promised Restoration.

I had planned on using a lot of mana, so if I had to I was going to put up my invuln hammer and chain proc invuln and sit there to get mana up, although this was never needed.

Likewise I used the invuln hammer to load other spells etc..

With Mark of the Devoted Rk. II, Mark of the Righteous, Shield of Flame, and Distillate of Spikes XIII I had a total of 203(not exactly sure, 203 or 204) DS.

Used mainly my Hammer of Hours or my Daybreak, Bringer of Light for dps, and re-summoned the hammer pet everytime it died. Used Hammer of Hours with Divine Avatar for the increase proc rate on time lapse.

I was quite happy when it died

Anyway, heres a couple pictures of tanking graphs dps charts etc....

This first picture is Ptav's hits vs. me, how many times she hit me for however much damage...

This picture is PTav's kicks vs. me, how many times she kicked me for however much damage...

This is my DPS vs. Ptav + my tons of different pets throughout the fight

My Tanking Details Vs. Ptav...

My DPS Details Vs. Ptav...

And finally, a breakdown of how many times I casted what spells, the majority of the direct heals were casted in the beginning when I had all 3 mobs on me.

Default Re: Ptav Solo :)

Nice work --------Long fight but nice to know its doable

Too long =d

Grats hun!

Think I'd only heard of Llu soling it (maybe 1 other) so you're definitely on the short list

Crystilla
    EQ Round Table Member
    Devoted Brell serving wench
    Valorguard / Erollisi Marr server

hhmmmmm......there is no way a cleric can solo any thing! haha /runs and hides

Grats on this I'm impressed!
    Mendler
    Cleric Bot
    Nickinator
    War main

thank you .. can't think of anything else to try...Aneuk in Txevu prolly too hard and anything else would just have too much HP

has anyone soloed teh goats in Qvic?

Ptav is one of the goats in Qvic =d

okay so i dont read correctly... i went there the other day trying to find them but a boxer was killing and im like i came here to try to solo and the clerics like i tried and got owned, while im Solteris geared that cleric wasnt i had 3khp 2k mana and a few hundred ac on her. next time i see one up im going to try it... i may get bored and have to have a guildie run and dps it for me..

eh it wasnt that bad, the time went fast =d

crystilla said in post #4 :
    Grats hun!

Think I'd only heard of Llu soling it (maybe 1 other) so you're definitely on the short list
    Yeah, I did Ptav around october last year. Such a long fight at 2 hrs 27mins then, I was doing it at like 3AM in the morning, insomnia is evil!

Grats on the Goat Serona it's quite surprising to see how much dps it was to you, comparing to pre-SoF in similar gear. Things did really change for the better, you took about 68.5% of the DPS I did in comparison. It's also pleasing to see that my estimation of the power increase in dps from SoF isn't so far off, I was expecting with SoF that fight duration to be slashed down by around half (pretty close to half!).

Aneuks in Txevu are all about maximising your avoidance (dodge familiar) and having ample HP, the rest is all typical DPS stuff (they aren't so resistant). They are the most AC insensitive mobs in EQ, and the only encounter where I would ever use Growth PS to solo with. I think you could do it with some effort, although I will state that their frequency spikes can be annoying. But in your gear it would be within the realms of possibility, only that you have to bear in mind they will be sustaining ~1-1.1kish adps on you for the duration.

They leash though so the rest is just clearing the trash in their rooms/before their rooms.
    Last edited by Lluianae; 05-14-2008 at 12:42 PM.