Thread: a few spell questions

Default a few spell questions

been gone awhile and learning a lot of new spells and TRYING to best utilize them asap and i have a few questions..

1) about the invulnerability spell line , i only have use for having 2 mem'd at a time right? it looks like aura is on same timer as custody and barrier on same as destiny. so i should just move aura and barrier to page 60ish in my spellbook right? keep other two memd always. but i cant use more than 2 in a row right?

2) desperate renewal - do you guys keep this memd much? or just utility for when you are in zones with mobs that cast a lot of debuffs?

3) divine censure - alla list it having 3 damage amounts like 2k,600,and 300...when i cast on self it does the 2kish - whats the other numbers for? it still sent reproval off to the back off book and i like it

4) buff lvl range for our big buffs! now that i have temerity , will i have any ned to keeo tenacity handy? to buff other people i keep temp,virt,tem near front pages in book - thats all i need for that line right? vic,ten serve no purpose once you have temerity right?

5) improved damage dont work on ward line right? id like to replace that aug with a mana aug if its only useful on my dd spells

off topic question : since i JUST got sof and havent had much time to explore it is there any easy quests (like in previosu expansions) i should check into immediately for items? i only have 8k hp 10k mana unbuffed so i imagine anything from sof is an upgrade

THANKS in advance for any replies and sorry for typing in abbreviated moron speak

Default Re: a few spell questions

oh yeah one other question!

whats the advantage of fool the fallen over sunskin ?

about to play with my stun line so may have some issues there

any and all advice/input appreciated

i would move away from using the spell book. it "doesn't" matter what page spells are on. i would use spell sets and also right click on the spell gems to find the spells you want to mem. it is faster than looking through the spell book. however i know some clerics like to keep it orgamised, i stopped doing mine when they made us able to mem spell sets and mem from the gem it's self.

asfar as your other questions, i will leave those to others as it is getting late ;-)

Keyera
    105 cleric
    Undivided Faith
    Drinal

Sprinting over the fields, swinging a mighty hammer, cometh Keyera! And she gives a bloodthirsty roar:

"I'm going to bludgeon you into the stuff of nightmares!"

<-- tag I'm it

INVULNERABILITY
    Yes, you can only use 2 spells (and then there is the AA Bestoy Divine Aura). You can have all 4 invulnerable spells memmed if you want, but as you mentioned, when you use one, the corresponding one will gray out (so waste of gem space).

DESPERATE RENEWAL
    This one really depends on what you do. Some cutting edge raiders keep it in their spell set always, some occasionally (specific raid events). I can't really think of many reasons to mem it for groups so really depends on your needs.

DIVINE CENSURE
    Have to leave this question to someone else (no time to check what you mean by the 2k, 600, 300).

BUFF RANGES
    This is up to you. There are always newer players and tenacity will hit a lower level player than temerity (by a few), so for that reason I keep it around.

IMPROVED DAMAGE AUGS
    Not sure on this one currently.

SOF
    There are a ton of quests but a lot of them generally do need friends to help on. But check your bazaar as well. Tons of 260-290 hp/mana items may sell for as little as 200 plat or so there, so worth checking it out. There's a lot to do in this expansion so sometimes easiest to find friends and plan to tackle one quest or goal at a time.

ITU
    Not sure myself, though I only use fool the fallen now rather than sunskin since I got it.

Crystilla
    EQ Round Table Member
    Devoted Brell serving wench
    Valorguard / Erollisi Marr server

Fool the Fallen is group cast, Sunskin is not.

Divine censure has three spell levels like every spell since TSS. Rk.I, II & III. The three damage amounts you are seeing are based on what rank you would have. Rank. I are vendor buyable. Rank 2 are groupable drops or baz buyable and rank three are runes from raid mobs.

I never use tenacity anymore cause as far as I have noticed, it hits the same levels as Tem. 62+

Personally I keep one DA up and then use bestow divine aura AA as my backup so that I can have more spells loaded.

As far as quests, most are group needed for us. For a number of the rank two spells you need to get faction by completing different quest in different zones. The biggest being in dragonscale for Strike force V faction so that you can get your spells and be able to buy the kits to put steamcores into your armor. Steam cores are no drop items that up the stats on SoF armor that has a slot 13? I think it is. This is a good site for looking up what faction is where, just look under guides, then sof faction. http://kela.tv/

Good luck!

ill have to play with spell sets tonight. and id forgot all about the invuln aa! i still have so much to do. i do have a steady group of people i can quest in sof with so guess faction is the first objective while getting to level 80

thanks so much for replies! glad to see this place is still kickin too!

Something's off with the 2k, 600, 300 references though. There are 3 ranks but the damage from that spell is definitely NOT those values at those ranks. So those # refer to something else. Where did you get them from?

Crystilla
    EQ Round Table Member
    Devoted Brell serving wench
    Valorguard / Erollisi Marr server

FoF fizzes ad infinitum

tho i largely slack presently

crys and key et al have the rest covered

have fun~

kC

crystilla said in post #7 :
    Something's off with the 2k, 600, 300 references though. There are 3 ranks but the damage from that spell is definitely NOT those values at those ranks. So those # refer to something else. Where did you get them from?
    descript on allas says :
    1: Decrease Hitpoints by 2164
    2: Decrease Hitpoints by 606
    3: Decrease Hitpoints by 303

thats what confused me

Btw Conviction, Tenacity, Temerity are all able to be casted on a level 61+, I keep Temerity rk3, Virtue 46-61, Aego 45, Temp 1-45 in the front of my spell book, I use spell sets when its like buffs and main set but if im switching out spells during fights or trash to buff the wizard that asks for buffs i like to have my switch out spells in the first 5-6 pages.. Sunskin is a not reliable duration group IVU, to my knowlege Fool of the Fallen is a set duration group IVU.. Sun Cloak is the level 66 timed duration single target IVU, I do not use my nukes enough to help you with the Divine Censure question or the Improved Damage aug, id switch out that aug for mana, at 75 you can get Warped Steel armor which is 290/290+ which is pretty decent for being attunable, but it can be upgraded with cores and essences. I agree with Cunyar i keep only one DA up since if my raid is wiping i usually dont have time to click that DA or any DA, Solteris events the ones that can wipe easily either unbalanced mob starts hitting for 10k+ or 20-25 mini golems spawn hitting for 6.5k a pop and just steamroll like a truck and if im lucky ToTD fires.

You can use 2 mem da spells if you use the 1st lv DA and anyother one. Only the Da that have heals to them are linked

Devine Censure- the first number = base nuke dmg that hits all mobs
    Second number = Secondary nuke(bane dmg) to undead
    Third number = Second nuke(bane dmg) to summoned i believe not 100% sure on that though